The Dare

Chapter 1

I walked out of school and headed to Jesse's house. I don't usually skip school but I just couldn't handle everything without my best friend Jesse, you see life for me isn't very easy. Most teenagers at my school have a large group of friends and loving parents who care about them, whereas me? I have only one friend and one parent who seems to think its okay for them to love me one minute then beat the shit out of me the next. I walked with my head down and my hands in my pockets, music was blasting in my ears through headphones. I know my way to jesse's house with my eyes closed, I spend so much time there that his parents turned the guest room into my own little room. I guess Jesse's parents are like mine in a way. I looked up just as I turned onto jesse's street, a moving van was parked nearby and two boys were stood looking at a sofa that sat in the front of their small garden. The taller one looked at me as I got closer and closer and started shouting something in my direction, I removed my headphones and carried on walking "Hey man, could you help us out?" He pointed to the sofa "we're trying to move this but it's to heavy for just the two of us"

"Yeah, sure no problem" I replied, I guess it wouldn't take too much time.

He grabbed one side and I grabbed the other then the shorter boy came and held one side. Together we carried the sofa inside and he was right it was heavy, but we managed to hold it fine. "You can just put it down here it's fine" A small woman came in through the door, she looked like she could be Spanish or Mexican. We put the sofa down in a large room and I stretched my back as it had gone tight a little. "Thanks for helping us man. I'm mike by the way and this is my brother Vic" he smiled and I looked at his brother. My breath caught in my throat when he looked at me, he gave me a small smile and a nod of the head. "Thanks for helping us out" He was really good looking, he had brown shoulder length hair which he kept in place with a beanie and chocolate brown eyes that made me want to melt. I couldn't stop watching him as he left the room and went up the stairs. "And you are?" I snapped out of my daze and turned my attention back to mike "Er... Kellin. My names Kellin"

"Weird name. Anyway thanks again for helping, do you wanna stay for a bit and you know, play some video games?" I thought for a minute and finally said yes, I would have left but I really wanted to see Vic again. There's was something about him that just made me go weak at the knees, I just had to see him again. I don't know how I could have missed him when I first got here.

Me and mike sat on the floor in his room, the only furniture that he had was his bed, tv and a drum set. "The rest if my things are coming tomorrow, I could only pick a few to come today and so of course I choose the important things" he placed a cd in his Xbox and handed me a controller. "So, how old are you?" I watched him as he set up the game "16"

"Cool! So am I! Which school do you go to?"

"Midlands high"

"Oh my god dude, we have so much in common already!" Smiled mike, I couldn't help but smile back. He was like a little kid who had been put in a room full of toys. The game started and mike explained to me what I had to do, I was pretty good at I guess. Mike kept killing me and we had to keep starting the game but I didn't really mind. I looked at the door again for the hundredth time, hoping that Vic would walk through it or even just past it. "Dude? Why do you keep looking at the door? Do you wanna leave?" Asked mike, he paused the game and waited for me to answer. How was I supposed to tell him that I didn't want to leave but I did want his hot brother to come? He threw his controller on to the side and stood up "Are you hungry? I'm starving, do you like tacos? They're like my favourite, I want some tacos right now" he was speaking so fast I was surprised I could keep up with him at all, I stood up and quickly followed him as he walked out.

I followed him into the kitchen and sat down at the small table that was in the middle of the room. I watched him open the fridge and start to take out some things and place them on the counter "Didn't mum say not to eat anything before dinner?" I turned around and saw Vic leaning on the door frame, I could feel my heart beat faster just from the sight of him. How could someone look so sexy without even trying? "Yeah, but Kellin was hungry. Mum wouldn't want any of our guests going hungry now would she?" I looked back at mike and saw him wink at me quickly. "Really?" Said Vic and he walked over and sat opposite me, leaning back in his chair comfortably. "You like eating peanut butter jelly sandwiches with pickles and tomatoes?" I looked at the items that mike had set out and sure enough there was pickles, peanut butter, jelly and tomatoes. I looked over at mike in disgust, he was nodding his head desperately wanting me to say yes, "yeah, sure. It's nice" I said looking back at Vic who raised his eyebrow at me. "Okay, here take a bite" he handed me the sandwich which mike had just finished making. I held the sandwich in my hands and looked at it, i could have thrown up eight there. I Brought it up to me nose and smelled it, it wasn't the best smell in the world but still, I took a small bite and chewed it slowly, it wasn't bad actually. It was okay but I wouldn't eat it by choice, I took another bite and smiled at Vic who looked like he was going to throw up. "See, it's nice"

"I better have one as well then, wouldn't want Kellin feeling left out" mike smiled and started on making another one. I carried on eating my sandwich and Vic just sat there watching me, I felt uncomfortable but I didn't say anything. I kept my eyes on my sandwich and I would look up once and again to see him still watching me. I heard a phone ringing and I looked at mike as he took out his phone from his pocket "Hey tony, what's up bro?" He walked out if the kitchen, leaving me alone with Vic. I finished my sandwich and sat hoping mike would come back soon, I didn't want to be alone with Vic. I could feel his eyes in me but I didn't look at him, I played with hands under the table and tried to focus on making my heart beat slow down. "So how come your not in school? I mean its a Thursday right?" I looked at him and nodded thinking of a response. "I just didn't really feel like staying"

"Why?" Why? How do I tell explain to someone that I decide to leave school in the middle of the day because I couldn't handle all the horrible names constantly thrown at me? That I hated how the teachers did nothing to stop people from hurting me? and that I should face the fact that they don't even like me either? I couldn't could I?especially not to Vic who probably has everyone liking him the minute he opens his mouth. So instead I shrugged my shoulders and got up from my seat. "I should really go, my dad's going to be waiting for me"

"Alright... where do you live?"

"On parkway drive" Vic raised his eyebrows and I felt the butterflies that were already in my stomach start throwing up. "That a bit far, want me to drop you off?" I thought for a moment before saying yes. Of course I would say yes, this was Vic! The sexiest person I was sure to ever walk the earth and him offering to drive me home just made me like him more.