The Dare

chapter 10

Saturday had finally come and Vic's party was in less than a few hours and I still didn't have a clue on what to wear. I looked through my clothes again and pulled out a pair of black skinny's and a black anthem made shirt, I pulled on my toms and grabbed my jacket then I was out the door. I wanted to get something for Vic's birthday, I had a bit of money that I had saved which I was going to use to buy a new book to write my lyrics in but I didn't mind using it for something else instead.

I walked around town looking for something, anything that Vic might like. I really had no idea what to buy him, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I walked into a music shop that had some kind of pop song playing, maybe I could just buy him a few CDs. I looked around until I found the right category then I picked out a few BlessTheFall and la dispute CDs since he was always listening to them a lot. I turned the CDs over, looking at them as I made my way to the till.

"Fancy seeing you here" I looked up at the sound of a British accent and saw Danny leaning over the counter at me. I hesitated for a moment before placing the CDs down next to him. "Err, hey..." I said frowning. I didn't know that he worked here, I mean not that I ever actually came here to begin with. "I didn't know you liked this" said Danny holding up the CDs I had picked out.

"They're not for me, it's for, erm Vic" he raised his eyebrows and scanned the CDs. "It's for his birthday" I added quickly, he smiled and handed me a bag with my purchased items inside. "Your buying him presents for his birthday? What, are you fucking him?" He smiled, I felt myself start to blush but I quickly controlled it. "No, we're just friends. Can't friends buy each other birthday gifts without someone assuming their sleeping together?"

"Calm down, I'm only joking. So I take your coming to his party then?"

"Yes, and you?" It wasn't as if I actually cared if he was going but I wanted to know just in case he might try and pull something in front of everyone like he did last time I decided to go to a party.

"If your there, then you can count on me being there" he winked at me. What the hell was he doing? Was he flirting with me or just trying to mess with my head? I had to admit though I wouldn't mind being friends with Danny again, not close friends like we used to be but friends none the less. "Right... well I have to go" I said, walking away and out the shop. That was a bit strange, I had a whole conversation with him and he didn't say or do anything mean. Come to think of it he hasn't really done anything to me for the past few days, other than the occasional name calling or shoving he's kinda just left me alone. Or maybe I've just been spending too much time with Vic so I hardly ever saw him. I was passing a jewellery store when I stopped, I spotted a plain silver bracelet with an engraving of a heart on it. I'm not really one for jewellery but this bracelet was pretty fucking nice, I took out the remainder of my money and counted it. I had just about enough left so I went inside and bought it. I'm pretty sure he'd like it, it was simple but yet just so beautiful to look at. I walked back home feeling good about myself, all I had to do now was take a shower, get dressed then head on over to the party.

I got home and nobody was there, dad had gone out somewhere and told me he'd be back in the morning. I was beginning to think that maybe he had a girlfriend but surly not. He was a fat, lazy disgusting human being, nobody would find him attractive would they? I put the bag with Vic's presents on the sofa and jogged up the stairs two at a time. I went into the bathroom and turned the shower on, I removed my clothes then stepped inside. I felt relaxed as soon as the water hit my body, I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair, god! I really needed this, I was kind if nervous about going to Vic's party. I haven't been to one since forever and even then I still hated them, I hope there's going to be alcohol. What am I saying? Of course there is gonna alcohol, I'm going to need quiet a lot if it to be able to get through the night. I felt butterflies in my stomach when I started to think of Vic, a smile came to my lips as I thought about seeing him again. I only saw him yesterday but still for me that was too long, I just loved being around him and making him smile.

I turned of the shower and quickly dried myself then I began the long puzzle of finding something to wear. It took me about an hour to finally find something to wear, do my hair and write in Vic's card that I had gotten him earlier today. I looked in the mirror one more time to makes sure I looked okay, I wanted to look perfect for Vic, okay maybe not perfect but at least reasonable. I grabbed my jacket and Vic's present then I shut the door behind me and walked to Vic's house. It was dark but the air around was warm, I walked with my hands in my pocket and my head down. When I got to the street, I could hear loud music playing. I wondered why none of the neighbours had called the police and reported them because I could literally feel my feet vibrating from the ground. As I got nearer and nearer I felt my anxiety start to kick in, maybe I could just skip it and give Vic his present tomorrow instead. I slowed down until eventually I came to a stop, the front door was wide open and there some people outside who either talking, drunk or sucking each others faces off. I was about to turn and go back home when I heard a voice call my name.

"Kellin! Hey, dude!" I smiled as mike ran over to me and placed and arm around my shoulders, he had a cigarette in his hand and smelled strongly of alcohol. "Glad you could come, now the party can really begin!" He lead me inside, squeezing past all the sweaty bodies until we were in the kitchen. "Do you wanna drink?" He asked, it was a lot quieter in the kitchen and there was less people in here too. Mike handed me a can of beer and I took it but I didn't actually drink it, I wasn't going to start drinking yet. "Oh, you got Vic a present? What is it? Can I see it? Do you think he'll like it?" He spoke quickly, being his usual hyper self, I laughed and handed him the bag. He set it down on the table and pulled out the CDs I bought, nodding his head in approval then he pulled out the box that had the bracelet inside. To be honest I had forgotten that it was in there, "A bracelet?" He held it up to his face, turning it around. I felt myself start to blush, "Uh... I-I"

"Why is there a-" mikes eyes widened and looked to me, I swallowed and felt myself turn a deeper shade of red. Oh no! Why did I have to buy him that stupid bracelet? Of coarse mike was going to want to see whatever I brought Vic, I stared back him not saying anything.

"You two aren't- your not? ... oh my god!" He looked back at the bracelet one more time before returning it into its box and back into the bag. "So, you and Vic are...?" He said slowly, he looked more confused than anything. I opened my mouth to answer him but was interrupted by a voice behind me.

"Hey, Kells! You made it" I turned my head to see Vic come and stand next to me. I let out a small sigh of relief and smiled at him. I looked back at mike who looked like he was a little kid trying to solve a hard piece of algebra. "You okay bro?" Asked Vic.

Mikes eyes shifted from me to Vic and back again. " Kells?! Are you?-What!? ... Jaime?- but you can't!" He rambled.

"Right... anyway, Kellin can I speak to you for a moment?" Vic took my hand and started dragging me through the kitchen, I picked up his present as quick as I can before we were outside. It was pretty dark apart from the two lights on the wall of the house, I looked around and saw a few people who were mainly kissing or laying on the grass and groping each other. Vic pulled me to the side of the house where it was dark and nobody could see us, as soon as we were in the shadows he pressed me to the wall gently and kissed me. I instantly felt my body heat rise and particularly in a certain area. I licked Vic's bottom lip asking him for permission and he parted his lips slightly, I slipped my tongue into his mouth and drew simple shapes. I just love kissing him, his lips were always so soft and seemed to calm me. "I have waited all day to kiss you" said Vic when he pulled away, he rested his hands on my waist and started rubbing them with his thumbs. I smiled in the darkness and pulled him close again, placing my lips on his. I only kissed him briefly before I pulled away quickly, "I got you a present!" I said practically jumping on the spot, Vic smiled and I handed him the bag I was holding. I bit my lip as I watched him, I really hope he likes it. "Awsome! I love BlesstheFall! And La Dispute! Kells you really didn't have to" he pulled me into a hug then turned his head to kiss my neck, a soft shiver ran down my spine as he kissed up to my ear. "Wait" I said as I pushed him away "There's something else" I put my hand in the bag and pulled out the little box and held it out to him.

"What is it?" He opened the box and raised his eyebrows when he saw the bracelet. He picked it up and held up in the light, my heart was beating fast. He turned it, examining it and then he stopped and looked closer. I'm guessing he saw the heart engraving, he smiled making his eyes shine that little bit brighter. "Fucking hell kells, how much did this cost you?" I smiled and shrugged my shoulders, he opened up the bracelet and closed it around his wrist, it fit him perfectly.

"I love it babe" he laced his fingers with mine and held them next to my head against the wall, I felt all warm and tingly inside from him calling me babe. "It's perfect, just like you" he leaned in and kissed me and I didn't hesitate at all in kissing him back. I held his hands tightly and he squeezed them back, I couldn't help but smile in the kiss as I thought of how perfect this moment was. I just wanted to stay like this, kissing him forever, did I mention that he was a really good kisser?

"I fucking knew it!"

Vic and I sprang apart at hearing mikes voice, oh shit! How long had he been standing there? Vic grabbed him by the arm and pulled him into the shadows so nobody would see or hear us. "I knew you guys were banging!" Vic placed a hand over his mouth and gave him a look that said 'shut up or I will kill you'. My heart was beating fast, I didn't know what to do or say so I just stood with my back against the wall and playing around with my fingers. "Right" said Vic calmly, "I'm going to let you go but I want you to listen to me first okay?" Mike nodded his head quickly and Vic slowly released him. Mike opened his mouth to say something but then shut it again.

"Okay, so, me and Kellin are dating" said Vic, I expected him to say more but that was it. "But you can't tell anyone"

"Wait, if your dating Kellin then what about-"

"What about, what Mikey?" Interrupted Vic, I saw him give him a look that I couldn't quiet figure out. "Wait so you know that Vic is gay?" I asked pointing to mike.

"Sure I do, he's my brother, we tell each other everything" replied mike smiling, I nodded my head slowly. I thought Vic hadn't told anyone he was gay or did not just want people to know we were going out?

"Okay, I don't understand, how long have you guys been together?"

"Almost two weeks" replied Vic looking back at me and smiling.

"So, I'm guessing you haven't...?" Mike raised his eyebrows at Vic and he shook his head. Haven't what? What was he talking about? "I'll talk to you later Mikey but, could you like, you know, go away?"

"Fine, but we are not finished with this conversation! Both of you!" He gave us both a stern look before he retreated back into the house.

"So, Mike knows your gay?" I asked as soon as he was gone. I hadn't forgotten that he might have been lying to me.

"Yeah, I tell him everything." He said, he took a step closer to me.

"But I thought you said you weren't ready for people to know yet?" I asked

"I'm not but mike already knew I was gay" he shrugged his shoulders

"What about your parents? Or your friends or something?" I asked. He frowned and took another step closer to me, "My parents kind of know, I guess, I mean I never told them but I think they know and only a few friends, but they're mostly in Mexico" he placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer. "Now have you finished questioning me, officer?" I felt a blush grow on my cheeks, I giggled and nodded my head. "Come on, we should get back to party" he gave me a quick kiss then started walking back towards the kitchen.

~~~

It was Thursday, a week after Vic's party. It was okay I guess, I only stayed for two hours since I didn't really want to be there in the first place. I talked to a few people but stayed close to either Vic, mike or jaime. I did my best to avoid to Danny and his crew and it worked for the most part, apart from when I bumped into him on my way to the bathroom and he kind of just smiled and winked at me. Everybody had sang 'Happy birthday'' and then got straight back to drinking and dancing. Vic walked me home even though I had told him not to because he was pretty drunk and not to mention that he got a little aggressive when he was drunk. I smiled when I remembered at how he shouted at mike when he walked in on us kissing. I had to pull him away before he did something he might come to regret later.

"Are you listening?!" I snapped out of day dream and turned around to face my angry father looking back at me. "I said we're having a guest tomorrow so you better be on your best behaviour because if there's any problems then you'll have a lot to pay for" I nodded my head and turned back around to finish the dishes. My mind went to this 'guest'. who on earth could he be having over that needed me to be behave? Not that I ever didn't but still. I finished up doing the dishes then went upstairs to my room, which is where I would stay for the rest of night.