The Dare

chapter 12

I finished putting on the clothes that Vic had left for me next to the sink. That was probably one if the longest showers I have taken ever since showers were invented. I had stayed at Vic's house for two days, his parents didn't mind, Vic's mum had even asked if I wanted to stay for another day this morning which I obviously said yes to. I was in absolutely no rush to head back home where an angry drunk would be waiting for me so he could use me as his punching bag. I fixed my hair in the mirror and smiled, I was having one of those days where you just wake up and feel happy for no reason at all. I opened the door and walked down the hall to Vic's room.

"Your gonna have to tell him sometime Vic" I heard mikes voice coming from Vic's bedroom, I was about to open the door but then decided against it. I wasn't eavesdropping but it sounded like they were having a serious conversation and since I was in a good mood, I didn't feel like interrupting. So I stood outside the door, listening for when they'd be finished.

VIC'S POV

"I don't want to hurt him mike, he doesn't have to know, I could just pull out of this stupid dare and everything will be fine" I tried to hide the uncertainty in my voice but it was blatantly there.

"I don't think it's that simple dude, you know what Danny's like, he's not gonna just let you pull out if this" As much as I hate to admit it mike was right, Danny wasn't just going to let me off this lightly especially since it involves Kellin. I bit my lip and tried to think of a way out if this but my mind just kept coming up with blanks. I don't want to lose Kellin and definitely don't want to hurt him, I never planned on actually falling in love with him but that's what's happened and it makes this situation a whole lot worse. I sighed loudly and put my head in my hands.

"Fuck! What am I gonna do?"

"Well, you could always break up with him and then tell him before Danny does" said mike "I mean that's what I would do anyway"

"I can't!" I looked up at mike who was standing In front of me, "I love him mike and it would break his heart, I just can't do that to him" what the fuck have I done? Why did I agree to do this in the first place? I should have just said no, I should have stood up for Kellin when Danny hurt him, I should have done every thing differently. Mike sighed and shook his head. "Man! Do I not, want to be in your shoes right now" I laughed at the face he made and threw a pillow at him.

"Shut up".

"I'm glad one of us finds it funny" I froze from hearing the voice behind me, my eyes were wide as I turned to look at Kellin.

"What's that mum?!" Mike left the room quickly and shut the door behind him, leaving me alone with Kellin. My heart was beating fast and my hands were getting sweaty, fuck! Kellin looked back at me with tears in his eyes threatening to spill over his cheeks, I could see his chest rising quickly.

"Well go on then, laugh!" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing would come out. He looked so hurt and fragile, and All I wanted to do was hug and kiss him and take it all away. "So when were you planning on telling me about this little 'dare'?"

"Kellin, I swear, I never wanted to do it in the first place" I took a few steps towards him but stopped when he backed away. "I never wanted-"

"Was it after I had told you I loved you? Or maybe after you found out that my dad hits me?"

"What? Kells no, it's not like that. I never meant to hurt you, I didn't want to hurt you. It-It was Danny, he made me do this" I could tell that he wanted to cry but he was holding it in. I couldn't stand to watch him like this, I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them again I saw that kellin's cheeks now had tears rolling down them. I walked closer to him and he backed away into the door, "Kellin please, I made a mistake, if I could go back and change it then believe me I would" he took in a shaky breath and looked down to the floor, his tears falling into the carpet. I stepped closer to him and reached out a finger to make him look up at me, he moved his head away from me and looked to the side.

"Kellin, please I'm so sorry" my voice broke as I spoke, I hate seeing him like this, It breaks my heart knowing that I'm doing this to him. That I'm making him cry like this, I felt tears come into my eyes and I wiped them away before they could fall but more and more just kept appearing. "I'm so sorry, Kellin please, I love you"

"No!" He shouted, "No, you wouldn't have done it if you loved me!" He wiped away the tears that fell down his cheeks and looked at me. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see the hurt in his, I felt tears roll down my cheeks. Oh god, this can't be happening right now. I can't lose him, I can't be without him, I just can't. "Well go on then" he said between sobs, I opened my eyes and looked at him confused, "break up with me then! Finish this fucking dare!" He pushed at my chest, causing me to stumble back a little. I shook my head and moved closer to him, taking his hands in mine, he pulled them back so I took his face in my hands and smashed our lips together. I kissed him, hoping it would help him forgive me but I knew it wouldn't. I'm just not ready to let him go yet though, this can't be over. Kellin kissed me back for a few seconds before he started crying against mouth, he pushed me back away from him and opened the door.

"Kellin, please, don't go I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Kellin please!" I dropped to my knees and held on to his legs "please, I love you, I love you, I love you so much" I kept saying over and over again. I couldn't stop the tears that fell freely now, all I knew was that I couldn't let him go.

"Don't fucking touch me!" He shouted through sobs, he pulled my arms away and stepped back, I looked up at him through tears that blurred my vision "Don't touch me, don't even come near me again" he stood for a moment then turned and ran downstairs and out of the house. I dropped my head in my hands and let myself cry, after a moment I heard a door open and someone kneel beside me. I could tell by the smell of aftershave that it was mike,"Don't worry Vic, things will be okay soon" he wrapped his hands around me and I cried into his shirt. Somehow, I don't think things will Be okay, It sounded like Kellin had meant what he said, even though he was clearly too upset to make up any rash decisions. I know I don't deserve his forgiveness but I really don't know what I'm gonna do without him, I've lost him and I've hurt him and its all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter isn't as long as the others but the next one will be longer... maybe.... we'll see