The Dare

chapter 18

"Maybe he got lost?" Said Mason uncertainly. I sighed and sat down next to him on the sofa, luckily the house was empty when we got here so my dad need never know that I skipped school.

"Or maybe this was just another cruel fucking joke to play on me"

Vic said he was going to get his phone and put the guitar back in the music room and that he would meet us here. That was two hours ago and now I was beginning to think that he didn't want me after all.

"What made you guys break up in the first place?" Mason turned to look at me and I sighed again and leaned my head back.

"We were never really going out exactly, it all started as a big dare by this guy called Danny. He told Vic he had to pretend to date me for a week and then Vic was supposed to dump me and break my heart but then he told me he loved me and we carried on for about a month or so" I sighed again and closed my eyes, remembering that moment I had found out it was a lie.

"I overheard Vic and his brother talking about it and we broke up" I said, I felt tears flood my eyes but I kept them closed so they wouldn't fall. "I missed him so fucking much and now he goes and does this!" I said getting angry. How dare he fuck with me like this? I can't believe I actually let myself think that maybe he really did love me and that I could actually be happy for once.

"I'm sure he wouldn't do that, I can tell he loves you" he said "he probably just got caught up with something"

"Yeah, I doubt it" I replied, we sat in silence for a while which I didn't mind since I wasn't really in the mood to talk.

"Hey, Kellin?" Said Mason

"Yeah?" I said not really paying attention

"I need to tell you something but... promise you won't get mad?" he asked in a nervous voice, I turned to face him and frowned. He looked scared and guilty but why would be? I nodded my head for him to continue and he took a deep breath before speaking again.

"I-I, Urm, I'm not actually-"

" 'sup bitches?" We both turned and looked towards the door to see Danny walking in with a pack of beer in his hand, I stood up quickly and blocked his way so he couldn't enter the living room.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, how the hell did he know I was here?

"Oh kells, that's no way to talk to guests" he pushed my arm away which I had used as a gate so he couldn't get past. He sat down on the sofa and cracked open a can of beer, I felt myself start to get angry. What the fuck is he doing here? and why does he think he can just walk in here like we're all friends?

"Danny you need to leave, right now" I said trying to stay calm, just the sight of him alone makes me want to beat him to a pulp. which would probably end badly, for me.

"Kellin, just relax okay?" he sighed "I'm not here to call you names or beat you up or anything, I'm here 'cos, well ... I wanted to say sorry"

If there was ever a moment I was shocked at what anything Danny says, it would be now. He's sorry? Danny Worsnop is sorry? No, no he can't be, there's no way I'm going to believe him anyway.

"Don't look so shocked, I have a conscious too you know"

"Get the fuck out" I said gesturing with my thumb over my shoulder, did he really think I was going to fall any bullshit that comes out of his mouth? Danny stood up and walked towards me, stopping in front of me.

"I want to be your friend Kellin, I realised that what you said, about me not being able to handle that I liked you was true and... I just don't want to hurt you anymore. But if you want me to go then I will" He gave a small smile before walking past me and out the door.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself, what was all that about? I stood for a moment thinking and going through what had just happened in my head. He didn't mean any of that surely, I mean he couldn't have, this Danny. No of course he didn't mean any of it then why did it feel like he did? I sighed and just put it down to all the different emotions I felt because of Vic.

I looked around the room suddenly realising that Mason wasn't there. "Mason?" I called out but got no answer, I looked around the house calling out his name until I ended up back in the living room. Where could he have gone? and why did he go?

VIC'S POV

My head was pounding and I felt dizzy, I slowly opened my eyes and moaned when I felt a sharp pain sting the side of my head. I couldn't see anything, everything was pitch black and cold. Am I blind? Oh god I haven't gone blind have I?!" My eyes roamed the darkness until they landed on a small slit of light that seemed to come from what looked like a door or window or something.

"Hello?" I shouted my voice echoing through the dark. I tried to move my hands only to realise that they were tied together behind the chair I was sitting in.

"Hello? Anyone?' I shouted again pulling at the rope that was wound tightly around my wrists. What the fuck is going on here? Where's Myca? She isn't hurt too is she?

"Myca?" I shouted "Myca? Kellin? Anyone, please?" I shouted. Oh fuck! Kellin! He must be waiting for me, how long have I been here? I pulled at the ropes again and they rubbed against my skin in a painful way. The door opened suddenly flooding the room with light, I squinted from how bright it was but I could still make out the tall shadowy figure stood in the doorway.

"Hello?" I called out and the door shut with a loud bang, bringing back the darkness. I heard footsteps coming down a set of stairs and then coming closer to me. "Hello?" I said just as I felt a fist connect with my cheek.

"Fuck!" I spat out the taste of blood in mouth and shook my head to try and ease the pain. What the fuck?!

"Hello Vic" said a voice, it took me a moment to figure out where I had heard that voice from when it suddenly dawned on me.

"Danny?" I asked, how could I have missed the British accent? A dull light flickered on and I saw Danny standing in front of me with a small smirk on his face.

"Danny, what the fuck?! Untie me!" I shouted struggling against the tight ropes, Danny smiled and tilted his head to the side. "Now why would I do that?" He asked.

"This isn't funny man, let me go right now!" He shrugged and started to walk over to me.

"Okay, I guess I'll have to get Kellin instead" he said, I frowned and then my eyes went wide as I realised what he meant. "Don't you fucking touch him!" I said, Danny stopped a few feet away from me and smiled.

"Oh, I won't don't worry but I'm not sure if he'll be able to resist touching me after I'm finished"

"Finished with what?" I asked getting curious. He smiled and then raised his fist, bringing it down on my jaw.

"Fuck! What is wrong with you?!" I knew that my jaw would start bruising and soon it will be swollen but all I could think about is Kellin and making sure he was safe.

"You ask to many questions" he replied shrugging his shoulders "Just let me worry about things and you just sit there and look pretty" he turned and started walking away.

"Wait! Danny, you can't do this! you can't just kidnap someone and not expect people to worry!" I pulled at the ropes again but they didn't budge "Danny I swear to god if you go anywhere near Kellin I'll fucking kill you!" he stopped at the door and turned to look at me laughing.

"You can't kill someone if you tied up! God Vic, I'd have thought you were smarter than that" then he shut the door and he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This cahoter was kinda shitty but the next one won't i promise