The Dare

Chapter 2

"My house is the one at right at the end" I told Vic, the ride home had been pretty quiet aside from the radio. I found it hard to think of something to talk about with him, and so we didn't talk at all all. Vic parked the car outside my house "Nice house" he commented. I laughed at that in head, it may look nice in the outside but never judge a book by its cover. "Thanks" was all I said, "and thanks for the ride" I got out of the car and Vic opened the window "Anytime Kellin and thanks for helping us with that sofa" I smiled and nodded my head, then watched as he did a U-turn and drove away.

The lights were off when I got inside, I knew dad was here because his car was parked in the driveway but I couldn't hear anything to tell me where he actually was. I made my way into the kitchen to get a glass of water but I stopped when I saw a shadow sat in one of the chairs. "Bit late aren't we?" He said, I stepped into the kitchen slowly and got out a glass "yeah, sorry. Some guys wanted me to help them move their stuff in" I poured in some water and drank it nit taking my eyes of him. I went to turn the lights on so I could see what was doing, but dad stopped me "how am I meant to make dinner if I can't see?" I asked puzzled. He stood up and came over to me resting his hands in my shoulders, I flinched at his touch. I could feel his cold hard fingers through my shirt "your not going to cook dinner because I already ate, so there's no real point since your not going to eat either" one hand left my shoulder and came in contacted with my stomach instead, I groaned and doubled over in pain. I guess I should have expected that, he pulled me back up into a standing position and The pain got worse "maybe if you'd gotten here earlier you could cooked me dinner, and to think I was actually going to let you eat today" I could feel his breath on my skin and it disgusted me. He pushed me away and my back hit the counter behind me before I fell to the floor "if I see you come into this kitchen again tonight, god help you" he stepped over me and left the kitchen. I lay there for a few minutes until the pain had gone a bit, then I stood up and went upstairs to my room.

I sighed and dropped onto my bed, I lay one hand on my stomach. It didn't hurt as much anymore and besides I wouldn't care if it did hurt, my mind kept going back to Vic. hot and sweet vic. I closed my eyes and imagined things things I knew would never really happen. When I opened my eyes again it was dark outside, I looked at my clock and saw it was almost one in the morning. I got up rubbing my eyes and went downstairs, the house was quiet and dark. Nobody was downstairs so I guessed my pathetic excuse of father had gone to sleep. I went into the kitchen and quietly made myself a sandwich then I left the house. the cool air hitting my skin in a welcoming way as I walked down the street. I walked and walked not really knowing where I was going until I ended up deciding to just go to Jesse's. I walked down his road and I looked up at Vic and mikes house when I passed it, I could see one light that was still on. I wonder if it could be vic's room. When I finally got to jesse's house, I went round the back of the house, picked up a small stone and threw it at jesse's window, a moment later the it opened and I could see his messy ginger hair sticking out of the window. "Can you let me in?" I whispered he nodded and a few minutes later I was inside the warm house. "You okay?" Asked Jesse, his voice was still groggy from sleep. "yeah, I just needed to get away is all" we went upstairs and into his room, he climbed into bed and fell asleep straight away, his arms and legs splayed out on the double bed. I turned the light of and went to my own little room. I didn't bother to turn the lights on, I just removed my shoes and climbed into bed fully clothed. Im so glad i dont have to share a room with jesse, he would have taken up most if the space. I was grateful for what jesse's parents did for me, I love them and they always understand what I want and need and I respect them like they were my own parents. I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep, maybe I might actually dream something good for once. Hey, maybe I might dream Vic.

"Kellin" I turned over, away from the noise and pulled the blankets up to my chin. "Kellin!" I groaned and covered my head in the warm blanket. Before I could fall into a deep sleep again I felt the blankets get pulled away from me and the weight of a ginger boy drop on me. I attempted to push him of me but he was stronger, his head fell on the pillow next to me and I felt something wet slide across my cheek. "Did you just lick me?!" I heard Jesse laugh and he finally got of me, jumping of over the side of the bed. "You disgusting freak" I smiled at him and got out of bed. He laughed and threw a clean t-shirt at me "come on, we're late already as it is, you can shower after school or something" I changed my top and put my shoes, then we went downstairs to leave for school.

We walked to school and Jesse was on the phone to his girlfriend who always called him in the morning, and i was listening to music just like i always did "Okay, love you too babe" Jesse hung up the phone "hey is it okay if I meet Carly at the smoothie shop?"

"Yeah, dude totally" he stopped walking and held onto my arm, I stopped and looked at him "You sure? I don't wanna leave you if your not okay" I smiled at him then pushed him, he stumbled back a bit "Im fine, go to your little whore" I laughed. Jesse had a mock shocked expression on his face "one does not simply call Carly a 'whore' and not feel the wrath of jesse" he lunged at me then, and I fell on my back on the pavement but it didn't hurt "No!" I screamed as he tried to shove a handful of grass into my mouth and I tried to hit his hands away. "Say your sorry!"

"Sorry! I'm sorry"

"Say it in chinese!" I laughed and attempted to push him of me and he fell to the ground beside me, I took this as my chance to stand up quickly before he could get me again. "Okay" Jesse laughed as he got to his feet "I really have to go but I'll see you at school yeah?" I nodded my head and watched as Jesse started to run down the street in the direction of the smoothie shop. I dusted my clothes of and looked up just in time to see mike walk out of his house. I walked up to him and he gave me a big smile "hey dude!" He patted my back and stopped at a car that I recognised as the same one as Vic's. "you need a ride to school?" He asked as he lit a cigarette, "yeah, sure thanks" I replied. I knew that Vic would be driving because mike was the same age as me and we weren't legally allowed to drive yet. Vic finally emerged from the house and my heart rate instantly rose. Every damn time, god Kellin! I worked on trying to get my breathing to normal again as he approached us. "Hey, Kellin" he smiled and all my hard work just went down the drain. "Kellin needs a ride" explained mike as he got into the car, Vic nodded and we got into the car with me at the back and Vic and mike at the front. "Do you know the way?" I asked.

"Yeah, we went to see it a couple of days ago" replied mike, I mean I was kind if hoping for Vic to answer me but that wouldn't be fair really. We drove in silence aside from a rick song playing loudly. When we arrived at school, Vic parked the car and when I looked out the window I could see people staring. "What's everyone staring at?" Asked Vic as we got out the car, urmm maybe because your a sexy prince of sexiness and they are probably wondering why your walking with me, but I didn't say that. "Probably because your new and they all nosey fuckers" Vic and mike laughed and I looked back at them in surprise. "Right, well thanks for the ride but I should probably get to lesson"

"Wait, do you know where the music room is?" I smiled and nodded "We have the same lesson" I said and Vic smiled and came to walk next to me "Hey! Tony!" I saw Tony walk over to us and I immediately stepped away. "Oh, my god!" Tony and mike hugged then he and Vic did a bro hug "I can't believe your here! Dude, we are gonna have so much fun!" I had never seen tony this excited before, he looked good when he smiled. "What are looking at?" His eyes snapped to me and I looked away and shifted uncomfortably.

"What?" I heard mikes voice, but still I didn't look at them "nah, tony, kellin's cool" I heard tony laugh, I wanted to run away. I didn't want to see them when they realised what a loser I was "cool? Don't make me laugh. Now come one let's go, you guys have to meet everyone"

"Cool, come on Kellin" I looked up to see mike and Vic waiting for me, they really wanted me to come? For a moment I actually considered going until I looked over tony to see he had a cold look in his face. "Err... no. No you guys go, I'll catch you later" they just shrugged and walked away but not before I heard tony mumble something which sound like "doubt it"