The Dare

chapter 20

I held onto Mason as he cried, I couldn't think straight. He's gone. Out of my life but my mind couldn't process that. I kept looking at the door half expecting him to walk in with Michelle but its been over an hour since mason got here and nothing else has happened so far. I can't believe he's actually gone, I mean he can't be gone, he always went on about how I could never escape because he'd always find me and now he's the who's gone and done a runner. Mason pulled away and bought out a paper he had in his pocket, he had stopped crying by now and handed it to me.

"I'm sorry sweetie but I can't stay with you anymore. Me and Jonathan are moving to Spain to be together and we can't have you or kellin there to bug us all the time. Your a big boy, you can look after yourself. Have a nice life babe, maybe we'll see each other again sometime. Maybe not"

Theletter was heartless, she didn't care about him and she didn't want him and I almost wanted to cry for Mason and for the fact that my dad didn't even bother leaving me a letter. I looked up at him and scrunched the letter up and threw it on the floor. We don't need them! We don't need a shitty mum or a fucking bastard of a dad.

"Mason stop" I said pulling him to me when he started to cry again. "Don't cry, we don't need them, we don't need people who don't care about us in our lives" I rubbed his back to try and soothe him and it seemed to be working as he quietened down a little.

"Stay with me, we'll live here together and we can finally be happy without them" I said mostly to comfort him but the more I thought about it the more it actually sounded like a good idea, "Don't cry for her, she never loved you, both of them didn't"

"B-but she's my mum, I-I love her Kellin!" he cried "How can she just leave me?"

"We don't need them!" I almost yelled, I could feel tears wanting to come to my eyes but I wasn't going to let them. I'm glad their gone and I honestly hope they never come back again. "Listen, think of your mum, think of what she was really like. Think about all the things she did for you" I said, I asked him that because I knew that she was useless, I had only really met her a few times but I could tell that she wasn't fit to be a mother. Mason wiped at his face and was quiet for a moment before he looked at me.

"She never really loved me" he said quietly "She never asked me how school was o-or if I was okay or anything... she never told me she loved me. She hated me didn't she?" I couldn't stand the look on his face so I hugged him again. "She didn't hate you" I sighed, "she was just to blind to see that she had a wonderful son"

We were both quiet for a while until I got up and walked upstairs to fix a place for Mason to sleep. I had a spare mattress under my bed and I pulled it out and got it ready for him. When I went downstairs Mason was sitting on the sofa with his head down. "Listen, trust me, we'll be okay on our own. They were fucking pathetic anyway"

"N-no, it's not that" he said looking up at me "Kellin, I need to tell you something he said wiping at the dried tears on his face. I sat down next to him and frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked, he bit his lip and looked at his hands resting in his lap, he looked nervous and that kinda made me nervous for what he had to say.

"Promise me you won't get angry?- well actually scratch that, you will be angry when I tell you this" he said, I was getting impatient but I let him speak because I knew he probably had a lot on his mind right now, he took a couple of deep breaths before he looked up at me and started talking. Everything seemed to be spinning as his words filled my head, I felt tears slide down my face as everything finally came together. Why? Why does everyone I care about always hurt me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DANNY'S POV

"Fine! Okay! Keep me here, you can hurt me all you like but please just leave Kellin alone" he cried when I opened the door to Myca's basement but I ignored him, why would I leave him alone? I love him and I'm going to get him back. I pulled a chair up in front of him and sat down it.

"Open up" I said and held a sandwich to his mouth, he turned his head to the side, away from the food.

"I'm not eating that shit, how do I know you haven't poisoned it or something?"

"I haven't" I sighed dropping it back on the plate, I was tired and exhausted. Maybe this whole kidnapping thing wasn't such a good idea, People have already started questioning where Vic is and honestly I'm getting tired of looking after him. I threw the plate on the floor along with the sandwich, making Vic jump at the loud noise it made when it smashed.

"Fuck!" I sighed and rested my head in my hands. I could hear the voices in my head get louder as the room remained silent. But I couldn't hear it, I couldn't hear the silence I so desperately wanted to hear because they were all talking at the same time.

"Kill him! Kill Kellin! then no one can have him! Kill yourself! stupid! he hates you! everybody hates you! why can't you do anything right! pathetic! Fuckin!- Stup!- Ug!- Worthle!- Di!- Fat!- Usel!- DIE!!

VIC'S POV

I felt scared as I watched as his breathing become more shallow and louder by the second. I didn't know what to do, well I couldn't do anything really since I was still tied up but it kinda looked like he was having a panic attack. I was about to say his name to break him out of whatever he was thinking when he beat me to it.

"Nooo! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut uupp!" he shouted so loud that I had to attempt to move my chair back so he wouldn't hurt my ears. He stood up and hit his chair on the ground, screaming, crying and shouting.

"No! Fuck off! Go awwaaayy!" he shouted, he banged his fists against the wall and then proceeded to pick up some old furniture and smash them on the floor or against the wall. I watched shocked and confused as to what was happening, Danny was going crazy, he was going crazy and he's probably going to kill me or something. He smashed a glass and cut his hand, I could see from where I was that it was badly cut and blood was already starting to pool on the floor.

"Danny!" I shouted over his screaming and all the noise, he ignored me and carried on breaking things. "Danny! stop!" I shouted again and this time he did stop, the room fell deathly silent apart from Danny's heavy breathing. I could hear my heart beating through my chest, what the fuck?! Danny looked at his hand for a second and then around him at the mess he had made, I feel sorry for whoever has to clean this shit up. I looked at Danny who was now sitting on the floor with his back leaning on the wall, his head was rested on his knees and I could hear a soft cry fill the room.

"Danny?" I said cautiously, he kept his head down but his cries got quieter until they finally stopped. "Danny?" I said again and he slowly looked up at me with glassy eyes. He looked physically tired and I don't doubt that he could also be mentally tired too. I felt sorry for him even though I probably shouldn't have because he did kidnap me to try and steal my boyfriend but he just looked so sad and tired.

"What's wrong Danny?" I asked quietly, he did a little laugh thing and then his face went straight again. "You know I have so many friends and family who care about me ... but I don't think any of them have asked me that in a long, long time"

"Well, I'm asking" I said genuinely wanting to know what had been going through his head when he went on his little rampage. He looked down at his knees and frowned, we were silent for a few minutes as I waited for his reply. I didn't want to rush him and get him angry again so I was more than happy to wait.

"I, err, you ever hear voices ... talking- shouting at you? inside your head?" he looked at me and suddenly I understood and nodded my head slowly.

"They tell you all sorts of things, things you don't want to hear. Sometimes they... they just, they get out of control" he said getting quieter, he reminded me of me a couple of years ago. I used to do exactly what Danny just did when they got to loud and too hard to ignore.

"I know how you feel" I smiled what I hoped was a kind smile. "They make you feel like shit right? Like you want to explode?"

"Yeah ... and sometimes, I just ... I just want to ..."

"Yeah, I know. I was like that once for awhile, I even tried to once it got that bad" I said remembering the night, the tears and the letters.

"What happened?" asked Danny frowning and wiping tears of his face. I cleared my throat and thought for a moment on where to start.

"Err, I... I had a friend and she, she was going to get married and she found out that her fiancée cheated on her. She didn't take it too well and ended up err, killing herself" I said quietly, I remembered the way she cried for weeks and then fooled everyone into thinking that she was okay only to kill herself a month later.

"I thought it was my fault, she called me a few times on the night but I ignored it, she was my beat friend and I should have protected her" I choked back tears and took a deep breath in. Its wasn't your fault Iheard the therapist's voice say in my head. I know it wasn't my fault but sometimes I feel like it is.

"But I got through it all, and you can get through this too you know?" I said " If you just stop listening to them, find something to put all those thoughts to"

"It's not as simple as that though is it?" he said standing up and starting to make his way towards me.

"It can be, if you have the right people helping you. I can help you Danny, I know what it's like and what your going through" He walked around behind me and I tensed but then relaxed when I felt him pull at the ropes around my wrists until I was free. I rubbed my wrists and stood up to face Danny.

"I'm sorry" he said "does it hurt?" he asked looking down at my wrists, I stopped rubbing them and shook my head.

"Nah, I always see people do it in the movies after they've been tied up" I laughed a bit and Danny gave me a small smile.

"I'm really sorry about this" he said nervously "I ... you won't go to the police will you? I mean you can if want, I kinda deserve it don't I?" He looked down at the floor and then back up at me, I gave him a smile and shook my head.

"No, I won't go to the police but only ... only if you promise you won't hurt Kellin. like, do whatever you want to me but just leave him alone okay?" I said my heart beating fast at the thought of Kellin being hurt. Danny was quiet for a Long time, he just stood staring at me as if he was deep in thought about something. he let out a deep breath and his shoulders visibly slumped.

"Do you love him?" He asked in a tired voice, I nodded my head and his eyes closed as his face turned into one of pain "And he loves you, I can tell by the way he looks at you and the way his eyes follow you around wherever you go" when his eyes opened again they were filled with tears and I suddenly felt guilty because I had the one thing that he wanted, the one thing that he loved.

"Go to him Vic, I'm sure he'd be worried where his little sweetheart is" He chuckled, I gave him one last look and then hurried out of the door and into a hallway, I walked down it and around the house until I found the front the door.

I ran out into the cool air and towards home, I'd go to Kellin's house and explain everything later.Thank fuck Danny decided to let me go. I was starting to think that maybe I'd die in there, it was probably only two days but they felt more like two years without Kellin.