The Dare

chapter 4

A week. It's been a whole week my dad has gone without laying a finger on. I'm pretty sure this is the longest he's gone if I don't count that one time we stayed with my grandparents for a month after my mum left. He was hardly home recently, maybe he got himself a girlfriend? Ha! Who am I kidding? He's a monster and incapable of love. Not that I minded, I loved that he wasn't here. I could relax and do anything that I wanted. I had spent most of the past week with either Mike or Vic, playing video games and skating or playing football. I walked out of the house and made my way to school, I had music first which meant I would be Vic. I know it's a bit girly but I got butterflies whenever I thought of him, even though I'm pretty sure he only sees me as a friend I still found him extremely attractive.
I got to school quicker than I expected, I walked around the back of the school to get to my lesson. A few people were hanging around In groups and I did my best to avoid them. "Hey! Kellin!" I turned around at the sound of my name, Mike was running towards me with a big smile on his face. "Hey, are you free next saturday?" he asked when he reached me I nodded my head "Why? whats next saturday?" we walked to music together. "It's Vic's birthday and me and Tony are throwing him a party. You should come" Vic's birthday Is on Saturday? How come he didn't tell me? "Yeah, maybe. I mean who's going?" I asked, I don't think I'll be welcomed If Danny and his little crew were going. "oh, just a few people. Come on It'll be fun! please?" he begged, he stuck out his bottom lip and I laughed at how childish he looked. I guess I could go for a few hours, I am Vic's friend after all right? Maybe I could even buy him a present. "okay, fine I'll go, but I'll only stay for a couple of hours"

"Sweet! thanks dude! It'll be great, I promise" then he ran off In the direction we had come from. A party? I wasn't really the party type, I hate being around too many people but I would go for a few hours. Just to please Mike and Vic since It was birthday. I walked Into the music room and sat In my seat near the back, my breathing hitched Involuntarily when I saw that Vic was already here. I walked over to him and sat In the empty seat next to him. "Hey, did you get all the lyrics sorted for the project?" he asked, I turned In my seat so my body was facing him. "Yep all sorted" I was little nervous to have to sing Infront of him, but excited at the same time. I had only ever sang Infront of Jesse and my mum but of course they would tell me that I was good so I was a little worried about what Vic would think.

"Don't worry, I won't laugh, no matter how much I'll want to" I smiled at him feeling a little better. "hey, so, Mike told me It's your birthday next saturday?"

"Right, yeah. Let me guess, Is he throwing me a party?" I nodded my head "This Is exactly why I didn't tell anyone. I knew he would do this" I couldn't help but smile at how annoyed he sounded. "Are you coming to the party?" he asked me, I thought for a moment before saying yes. I didn't really want to go, but I really wanted to be there for his Birthday. He opened his mouth to speak but was stopped by Mrs.Bourne "Okay so were going to carry on working on our projects guys, get to work" she dismissed us with a wave of her hand and everybody stood up and went over to their choosen Instruments, I got up and sat down on the floor In the corner of the room as usuall, Vic sat down opposit me holding his guitar. "Okay, so how should I play this? Fast? Slow?" He played a few notes on his guitar and then stopped and looked at me, one eyebrow raised, I pulled out a piece of paper out of my black book, which I carry round with me sometimes. "I had jesse write the notes down for you" He frowned then took the paper reading It quickly then setting It down next to him, I listened whilst he played the first few notes. I closed my eyes as the begining of the first verse aprouched "You've made up yuur mind" I sang quietly so only Vic could hear me "Right before the sound could move softly from your lips, you leave behind, a choice which once before you thought you could not resist. you give what you have when you, decide that you, keep burning like fire, It's burning you down sometimes, they say this should feel something like fire, 'til It burns you and you can't, no you can't remain the same, stay the same, stay the same, stay the same. I can't change. Your losing your light, everything that was yours just does not exist, so don't even try to say, sorry for the things In life you might have missed"

I stopped and opened my eyes, suddenly aware that the room had gone quite. Everybody had stopped what they were doing to listen to me, Vic started to clap and and soon It spread around the room. I could feel myself blushing violently as I sat still on the floor, I have never really sang In front of a crowd before but I liked It. Even though I couldn't see them when I sang, I still felt the adrenaline running through my body. "Oh my god kellin, that was great!" exclaimed Vic when everybody had stopped and got back to their own work, "You have a really good voice and you shouldn't be afraid of what other people think" I smiled at Vic's warm words, If only It was that easy.

The day went by fairly quickly, Danny wasn't In school today so I was mostly okay, apart from people calling me a few names but I was used to that already. I walked down the steps towards the beach with my lyrics book In my hand, I always found It peaceful and calming which Is why I wrote most of my lyrics here. I found It easier to write outside rather than In my room, where my dad could come In any minute and see what I was up to. I walked along the sand towards the rocks I always sat on when I came here but I slowed down when I spotted a group of people there, I recognised some of them from school. They were talking and laughing loudly and seemed to be huddled up as If they had something to hide. I got closer and closer and I Intended to walk straight past them but I stopped when the group opened up to reveal Vic, Danny and his girlfriend Myca. They all turned and looked at me, I immediately felt self-conscious. "Well, It seems that we've taken dear kellins spot" said Danny "Come on guys, lets go before we all turn gay" he laughed and then they all got up from the rocks and started to leave. "Faggot" "Rent boy" they all took It In turns to call me names as they walked past me but It didn't faze me at all.

"You guys go ahead, I'm gonna stay for a bit" Vic stayed where he was standing, and so did I until everybody had gone. "Are you gonna sit down?" he asked, I walked over to him and sat down on one of the rocks. Vic sat down next to me and I was very aware on how close he was. I couldn't stop giving him little glance now and then, he looked so hot when he wore shorts and a fitting top. I just wanted to reach over to him, hold his face In my hands and kiss him. No! stop this kellin, Vic and you are just friends. "You know how we've been hanging out a lot recently?" Vic suddenly asked, I nodded my head and frowned. Oh no, he's getting sick of me already, and now he's going to tell me that he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. "No, don't worry, It's not a bad thing" he reassured me. "I just wanted you to know that... I-I really do like you...Kellin" he was nervous all of a sudden and I could feel myself start to get scared, Where Is he going with this? "And I think that you like me too, right?" He raised his eyebrows and I nodded my head slowly.

"I've been thinking and- I would really like It If maybe you would want to go out? sometime?" I stared back him with wide eyes. This Isn't really happening Is It? Vic wants to go out with me? The sex-god himself really wants to be with me? "I totally understand If you don't but-" He didn't finish his sentence because I crashed my lips on his, stopping him. Vic asking me to go out with him was the last straw and It didn't help that he looked so damn cute when he was nervous, I just had to kiss him. Vic tensed for a split second before he moved his lips against mine, they were soft and warm and tasted of strawberry with a hint of mint. Vic's hand came up and rested In my hair, pulling me closer, I felt his tongue poke at my lips and I parted them slightly inviting him In. Our tongues danced together as the kiss got deeper and the butterflies In my stomach continued to constantly vomit. Eventually we pulled apart and looked at each other whilst panting for air. His eyes seemed to sparkle In It's own chocolate-sea and I found It hard to look away. "I'll take that as a yes then?" he said between breaths, I smiled and nodded, looking away. "Sorry, I just ... couldn't help myself" I said quietly. I looked back at him and he smiled sending adrenaline rushing through my body "I really like you too"