The Dare

chapter 8

It was Wednesday night and I was walking back to Jesse's house after I spent the day at the beach. I had stayed at jesse's for the past two days and I intended on staying there for a couple more. The bruises didn't hurt anymore but they were still there, I didn't fancy the idea of going back home just yet though. I walked down the street pretty quickly, it was dark and kind if cold, I saw two figures walking towards me and I started to panic until I heard one of them call out my name. "Hey man, what you doing out here at this time?" It was mike and a girl who I guessed was his girlfriend or something. "Just heading home, I just came from the beach" I explained, mike looked confused "You were at the beach at this time?" I nodded my head, I occasionally lost track of time when I was writing lyrics and plus I enjoyed being on my own. "Well why don't you come back to ours? It's close and you never know what weirdos are lurking around in the darkness" I hesitated for a moment, He had a point but I was more nervous about seeing Vic. I hadn't seen him since our little uh... scene and even though I did want to see him, he probably didn't want to see me.

"Come on, we can play video games or watch a movie or something" said the girl, she was pretty and very short. I thought for a moment longer before finally agreeing, mostly because I just wanted to see Vic and see how he was doing. We walked to mikes house whilst talking about random things, by the time we got there I had learned that the girl who was with mike was his girlfriend who was called Frenchi and she was just like mike except she wasn't as childish. We went straight upstairs when we got inside, the house was dark and quiet so I was guessing that everybody was asleep. "Do you want to play some games?" Asked Frenchi as soon we were inside mikes room, yep just like mike. She put in a game and we all took it in turns playing since there were only two controllers. My eyes kept wandering to the door hoping that Vic would come in or walk past or something. "Aww doesn't he look cute?" Said Frenchi, I looked to the floor to see mike sleeping, curled up like a little kitten. Frenchi stood up from her position by the tv and pulled a blanket over him, I smiled at how cute they looked. She was looking at him with love in her eyes and it was the most happiest look I've seen. "You should stay the night, it's too late for you to leave now" she turned back to me, I glanced at Mike's sleeping form on the floor. If I stayed then I would just feel like I'm intruding "I don't want to get in the way, it's okay, I can walk home. It's only up the road really" I stood up to get ready to leave but she stopped me, "it's really late Kellin, anything can happen and anyway if I let you leave then Mike won't be happy with me" I smiled at her and nodded. I guess one night is okay right?

"Come on, I have an idea" she grabbed my hand and lead me out of the room and towards Vic's room. Oh no, I already know where this is going and I don't like it one bit. She knocked on his door and opened it without waiting for an answer, "hello?" She sang and stepped inside, pulling me along with her. I expected to see Vic but instead lying in Vic's bed was a boy with black stripy hair that kind of looked like a hedgehog. He sat up and smiled at us showing a deep set of dimples that I had to admit were kind of cute. "Oh good your not asleep yet. Where's Vic?"

"He went to take a shower but he should be finished soon" said the boy, he had a slight Mexican accent. "Right" said Frenchi, she pushed me towards the bed and I sat on it awkwardly. "This is Kellin and he's going to be staying for the night. You don't mind do you? Only I'm gonna go back in there and wake mike up ifyou know what I mean, so... it wouldn't really be ideal to have him there" he nodded and Frenchi said a quick goodbye then left. I looked at the boy who was looking back at me, "I'm jaime" he said and gave me a little wave, his voice was warm and I instantly felt comfortable around him. "So how do you know Vic?" He lay on his belly facing me. "We go to the same school and we hang out sometimes" I wasn't sure wether or not to tell him about our relationship but me and Vic hadn't really talked about properly so I thought it best not. He smiled and I asked him how he knew Vic "Oh me and Vic go way back we were together all the time in Mexico" he said laughing, I wondered how long they knew each other for and why Vic hadn't really told me about him. "I'm actually here to visit him for his birthday, see I live in Mexico but my old folks let me come over"

"Wow, you guys must be pretty close" I mentally slapped my forehead could I have sounded more jealous? "Yeah, we are. I really care about him a lot" he smiled a small smile and I smiled back. I felt the jealousy grow, I know I have nothing to be jealous about because I know Vic wouldn't hurt me. But I couldn't help but feel jealous when jaime was talking about him like they've been married for years or something. "I, am really tired" he said yawning, he got up and stretched then removed his shirt, my eyes wondered all over his body. He was so muscly and in shape, like he worked out almost every second of the day. "Okay I know I'm like fucking beautiful but you don't have to drool" he laughed, I looked away and blushed, "I'm not drooling, just ... admiring" I smiled then threw a pillow at him, I was surprised at how easy to get along with he was. It was like I had know him for longer than just a few minutes "I'll sleep on the floor and you can sleep up here on the bed"

"No no it's okay, you were here first so you can sleep on the bed"

"Kellin. You obviously don't look like you've had the best few days so just shut up and sleep" he threw the pillow back at me then I watched him as he set up the floor so it was comfortable enough to sleep on. Did I really look that bad that even a stranger would be able to tell? I mean I know I haven't really been in the best of moods. I watched jaime as he set a pillow down then dropped down on the floor. "Ahhh, comfy. Right when Vic comes back tell him goodnight for me" I nodded my head then I set my bag down. A few minutes later I could hear the heavy breathing of someone sleeping, he must have been really tired. I looked at the clock on the wall that told me it was 12:45, it wasn't really that late. The door opened and Vic came in with a towel hanging low on his waist and water dripping from his hair. "Hey" I said, he stopped in his tracks when he saw me, he looked shocked to see me and for a moment I thought I saw a flash of panic cross his face. "Jaime says goodnight, he's asleep" I said pointing to the floor, Vic glanced to his sleeping body then returned his eyes to me. "What are you doing here?" He whispered, he sounded a bit annoyed. "Mike and his girlfriend saw me and said that I had to come back with them because it was really late and anything could've happened to me" I smiled and rolled my eyes but Vic just stared at me. He moved to his wardrobe and pulled on his boxers under the towel then he began drying himself with it. "So, you talked to jaime?" He sat on the bed next to me and I nodded my head "yeah, he seems nice. He offered to sleep on the floor so I could sleep on the bed, well more like told me, I didn't really have a choice" I laughed and then Vic laughed too after a moment. Something was wrong though, I could tell by the way he was acting. I lay back on the bed and kicked my shoes off, "So, are you excited for your birthday?" I asked, his birthday was in three days and to be honest I wasn't really looking forward to the party. "Yeah, I guess" he got up of the bed then pulled out a white vest top from his wardrobe, I pulled my jeans off and took off my shirt so I wouldn't get hot when I slept. "What are you doing?" Frowned Vic, I laughed and got inside the blankets "I'm not going to sleep in my clothes I'll get too hot" he was definitely acting weird, he nodded his then relaxed.

"What's up with you? Your acting strange?" I finally asked, "what do you mean? Nothing's wrong" he replied and turned of the lights, a second later I felt the weight of the bed change as he lay next to me. "Well goodnight" he said then he turned his back to me, what is up with him? I knew for sure now that something wasn't right, I poked him in the back and he turned his head "Tell me what's wrong Vic" I whispered in the darkness, "nothing" he whispered back then he turned around again. I thought for a moment, why was he acting so weird? Was this because if me? Was I really that bad at giving blow jobs that it causes him to act this way? I frowned and poke him again, this time it took longer for him to turn around "Is this because of the other day? Was it really that bad?" he turned his whole body around so he was looking at me and then he cupped my cheek. "No, no the other day was perfect" he whispered quietly "I'm just really tired and have a lot on my mind. I promise we'll talk properly tomorrow okay?" I nodded my head but i still wasn't convinced, he leaned forward and gave me a kiss, Vic kept hold of my face so I couldn't pull away, so instead I melted into the kiss. I grabbed his vest and pulled him to me so our bodies pressed together, he was cool from the shower and his chest was firm and hard against my skinny one. Vic pushed me away and a small whimper came from my mouth, "I don't really think its a good idea" he nodded his head towards the floor and I remembered that we weren't alone,I sighed then gave him one more kiss. "Fine"

"And I don't think it would be a good idea to cuddle, I mean if he wakes up and sees then he would know. And I'm not ready for that yet" he whispered, I nodded my rad in understanding. I guess can be hard coming out to people that your gay, I gave him another kiss the turned away from and fell into a deep sleep.

---

I opened my eyes and looked around, where the fuck am I?" I heard someone snoring softly and I looked to the floor to see some random stranger. Okay, where am I? I looked beside me and saw Vic sleeping, I was confused then the events if last night came rushing back to me. I quietly slipped out if bed and out all my clothes back on, "Are you going?" I turned around and Vic was sat up rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, I need to get back to jesse's" I said

"Wait, I'll walk you" he said, he got out of bed and put in some jeans and then a top, I grabbed my bag and waited for him to put his shoes on. Normally I would have told him that he didn't need to but there was some thing I wanted to talk about. Like our relationship for instance and why he was acting wired last night because I still wasn't convinced. He finished putting his shoes on and we walked downstairs and out the house. It was still quiet early so there was nobody around, Vic took my hand and held it in his. I looked down at it and smiled, just the mere touch from him could always make me forget everything. "Did you sleep okay?" He asked as we walked down the street.

"Yeah" I said, jesse's house only two minutes away so I knew I didn't have enough time to talk to him so I got straight to it. "I think we need to talk about us" I said, I felt Vic's hand tighten around mine "Okay..." he looked worried and smiled at how cute it was. "I just think that we need to talk to each other more, like actually have a conversation without ending up practically wanting to rip each others clothes off" Vic relaxed and then smiled a cheeky smile, "how can that happen when even right now I want to rip your clothes off?" He walked closer to me and I stepped away a little.

"I'm serious Vic, like as much as I love you and all I just think that we get a bit carried away sometimes and-"

"You love me?" Vic cut me off, he stopped walking making me stop too since we were attached at the hands. My heart started beating fast as I realised what I had just said, I didn't know what to say, did I love Vic? I mean I lived being with him and I loved kissing him and I loved just about everything about him so yeah. I guess I do love him, right?

"Ermm... well- I, I... I don't ... like" I couldn't get a sentence out, what was even happening?! I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "Yes" I said opening my eyes again and looking him dead I the eyes,"I mean, you make me happy and nothing has been able to make me happy for a very long time. Every time I'm not with you, I think about you and every time I am with you I still think about you, I get jealous when you talk to other boys or girls even. I want to make you happy just like you make me happy" I was standing closer to him now and smiling but my smile soon faltered when Vic didn't say anything. He looked back me with wide eyes, why wasn't he saying he loved me back? Why wasn't he saying anything? "Vic?" I said hesitantly, he dropped my hand and took a step back "I have to go, but I'll be over later" then I watched him as ran away from me, I felt tears start to roll down my cheeks. I didn't try to stop him, I couldn't. My chest was heavy and there was a huge lump in my throat. He doesn't love me. Before I knew it I started crying in street, I didn't care if anyone saw me or thought I was weird. The only guy I have possibly ever loved doesn't love me back, I felt like I had given him my heart and he just threw it back in my face. I turned around and ran all the way to jesse's house, before I opened the door I wiped my eyes and calmed my breathing a little then I went upstairs and packed my things.

??? POV

I watched from my window as Kellin ran away crying, It almost broke my heart to see him like that. I sat on my bed and wandered for the hundredth time why I was doing this. I know I shouldn't and to be honest I didn't really want to but I couldn't help it. Every time, I just couldn't stop myself. I put my hand under my pillow and pulled out the picture I kept under there, he was so beautiful, so perfect and I let him spill through my fingers. I kissed the picture then out it back, my mind was made up. I was going to get him back even if I had to hurt him to do it, I just know that I need him back.