The Dare

chapter 9

I lay on my bed holding a frozen packet of peas to my jaw, the swelling had gone down and it was a little numb from the coldness but the bruise was still there. My dad had punched me in the face as soon as he saw me, he said it was for being a nuisance or something, I can't really remember, not that I'm bothered anyway. I set the bag of peas down and stared at the ceiling, nothing made sense anymore. My mind kept replaying that moment when Vic walked away, I thought he cared about me, I thought he tell me he loved me. Why did I have to say something so stupid? My eyes filled with tears but I blinked them back, I knew that if I cried then I wouldn't be able to stop then my dad might hear me. I sat up and picked up my lyrics book then set it back down again, I can't even write anything. All I can think about is how stupid I was and the fact that Vic probably thinks I'm some sort of clingy weirdo.

I don't know how long I sat there for but when I finally decided to go downstairs it was getting pretty dark outside. I went into the living room where my waste of a space father was sleeping on the couch then I went into the kitchen where my phone started ringing. I answered quickly in case the loud playing of a guitar woke up my father.

"Hello?" I answered, I walked through the house and went outside.

"Hey Kellin, where are you?" I sighed at hearing jesse's voice through the phone, I was kind of hoping it would be Vic but then if it was Vic what would I have said to him? And what would he have said me? That he loved me too? Or that he didn't?

"At home, I just thought it was time I came back. I'm okay though so don't worry" I added quickly.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean I wouldn't want you getting hurt again man, last time was pretty bad"

"I'm fine, if it gets too bad I'll come back"

"If he so much as touches you, you better come back okay?"

"Yeah I will, stop worrying"

"Okay, well I better go. Carly's waiting for me upstairs, if you get what I mean" I laughed then cut the phone. He was always worrying but if my dad did touch me then I would go back to Jesse's. I stayed outside for a minute just enjoying the silence of the night. When I turned to go back inside I heard a car horn, I turned around and saw nothing there but when I looked closely there was a car parked nearby. I heard the door open and close and then Vic was walking towards me, I stayed rooted to the spot. My hands were starting to sweat a little so I wiped them on my jeans, my heart was racing. What was he doing here? Is he here to break up with me? He stood a few feet away from me with his hands In his pockets, I couldn't take my eyes of him. Even though it was dark I could still see how beautiful he was.

"Hey" he said with a smile on his lips,

"Hi" I said, I looked down and away from him.

"What happened to your jaw?" He stepped closer to me and cupped my cheek, inspecting my jaw. I removed his hand and he dropped it to his side. "Nothing, it's fine" I said but I could tell that he wasn't convinced. Vic moved towards the door behind me but I stood in front of it quickly blocking his way. "No. You'll only make things worse. Just leave it okay?"

"I can't just stand here and let him hurt you Kellin. Your his son for fucks sake!" His hands balled up into fists and his knuckles started to turn white. I grabbed them and held onto his hands, rubbing them with my thumbs. I felt him relax then squeeze my hands lightly. We stayed like that for a few moments, just standing there in a somewhat comfortable silence.

"Kellin" I looked up at Vic and instantly melted in his eyes. "Kellin I ... I need to tell you something" he sounded scared and sad, I dropped his hands. This is it isn't it? He's going to break up with me and all because I told him I loved him. I knew it was too early, we've only been dating for less than two weeks. "Okay" i said. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and looking in my eyes. "Kellin I ... I didn't want to you" my heart was racing fast, I don't think I can handle this. I can't imagine not being with him, "Do you want to break up?" I asked quietly, I would rather this be over and done with rather than dragging it along. "Kellin just listen to me. I don't want to hurt you, I never meant to hurt but..."

"Do you love me?" I asked, he held my arms and shook me gently, "Kellin, believe me when I say; I love you so much it fucking hurts!" A slow smile arrived on my lips, he does love me. My stomach was doing back flips, all I wanted to do was kiss him and show him I loved him too, so that's what I did. I pulled him to me and pressed my lips to his, I felt him tense for a split second before he kissed me back and moved me up against the wall. I tangled my hands in his hair and pulled him closer, there was so much adrenaline running through my body at that moment that I was already running out of breath. "If you love me so much, then I don't believe you could hurt me" I breathed. I leaned up and kissed him again, slipping my tongue into his mouth and spelling out my name. There really could not have been a more perfect moment than this, I felt his hand slip under my shirt and rest on my side. I shivered from his touch and pulled away from him before I could get completely turned on, Vic pouted unconsciously and I pecked his lips. He was so fucking cute sometimes, he smiled at me and his eyes seemed to shine in the darkness. "I have to go before my dad wakes up" I didn't want to leave him so soon but I knew that if my dad woke up and saw me out here with Vic then things wouldn't go down so well.

"Come back to my place with me"

"I can't, my dad might wake up and find me gone, I can't leave since I've been gone for two days already"

"Well how about I stay here? With you?" I thought for a moment before I shook my head, as much I wanted him too I knew It would be a bad Idea. "No, what If he see's you? I'm sorry Vic, you can't"

"Oh, please? I just wanna make sure you'll be okay. I'll stay hidden? please?" I bit my lip, maybe he could stay just for the night? Surely that would be okay, right? "Fine, but you have to stay In my room" He smiled and nodded his head. I took his hand and lead him inside, putting a finger to my lips to tell him to be quiet. My dad was still sleeping on the sofa so I lead him upstairs and Into my room, closing the door behind me. I stood leaning back on the door watching as Vic walked around my room, I watched the back of his head as he looked up at my wall that I had written lyrics on whenever I finished a book didn't have enough money to buy a new one. He walked over to my dresser and picked up the picture that was lying face down, "Is this your mum?" He turned and looked at me, gesturing to the picture In his hands, I walked over to him and took It, looking at the picture. I looked so happy and young, my mums long black hair stood out against my blonde one. We were sat on the grass at some park somewhere, I still remember everything from that day, the picnic we had, the games we played and the way my dad beat my mum afterwards when we got home. I placed the picture back where it was, face down so I wouldn't have to see it, then went and sat on my bed.

"Where is she?" Asked Vic, he came and sat opposite me. I shrugged my shoulders "You tell me" I didn't really talk about my mum, not even Jesse knows much about her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. She left when I was 8" I said,

"Oh, well screw her"

"No, It wasn't her fault, she didn't want to leave but my dad made her and then he wouldn't let her take me with her" I said, repeating what I told Jesse the first time he asked about her, I never gave too much detail about it because I try to forget. Vic was quiet for a moment before he pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around me. I held him tightly, his warmth and smell just made me want to melt into him and stay like this forever. Vic kissed my hair and I held him even tighter, "your gonna need to let me breath you know" he chuckled, I let go of him and said sorry, I could feel myself blushing but I didn't really care. "So what do you usually do here?" Vic stood up and started opening my drawers and wardrobe, looking around at everything.

"Well, not much. I don't really like to spend my time here" I confessed, Vic turned around and smiled at me. "Well we could work on our music project? It's due in about a few days"

"What if my dad hears?" I really didn't want him coming up here when Vic was here. "Then we'll be quiet" he jumped back onto the bed and lay on his stomach in front if me. "Do we have to? I really don't want to risk anything, having you here is already too much" I whined, Vic smiled and I saw a hint of mischief in his eyes, "we could do something else?" he said then he sat up quickly and pushed me back then climbed on top of me, I smiled up at him and tried to push him off but he didn't budge. "Vic, no, you know we can't" I couldn't stop the smile on my face, he bent his head and kissed me lightly, "what do you want me to do?" He said softly

"I want you to get off me" I said as I attempted to push him again, he caught my hands in his and pinned them above my head. "And what if I say 'no'?" He trailed his hand up and down my side, I tried to shake him off but he only held me tighter. "Stop" I laughed,

"Oh, your ticklish?" He raised his perfectly arched eyebrows and my eyes grew wide as he moved to my armpits and started tickling me, I moved under him trying to get him to stop. "No! No, stop!" I laughed, I bite my lip to try and stop myself from laughing, Vic's smile grew wider and tickled me faster causing me take a sharp intake of breath and scream out. Vic laughed then placed his lips on mine, stifling my screams and laughter. I bit his lip and he let me go and stopped kissing me, "ow, that hurt" he pouted and smiled, I pushed him of me and stood up before he had any other ideas. I was about to ask him if he wanted anything to eat when I heard footsteps, I motioned for Vic to be quiet and I moved towards the door and listened. Yep they were definitely footsteps and they were coming up the stairs, I ran over to Vic and pushed him towards my closet. "Stay quiet" I whispered "don't come out until he's gone" I shut the door and just as quickly my bedroom door was slammed open, my father looked around the room until his eyes landed on me. "What was all that noise? Who were you talking to?" I sat on my bed and shrugged my shoulders, "Nobody, I-I was just ... singing"

"Singing?" He frowned and I nodded my head quickly, "how come I heard laughing and screaming?"

"I was practicing my screaming ...and I laughed when I got it wrong because I sounded funny"

"You better my be lying to me boy, if I have to come in here again I'll show you a beating you'll never forget, alright?" I nodded my head, I didn't doubt for a second that he wouldn't.

"Fucking fag!" then he shut the door and I heard his footsteps going down the hall and the sound of a door being closed, I'm guessing he's probably going to bed. "No offence but your dad is a complete wanker" said Vic as he came out the closet, no pun intended. He sat on the bed and moved up to make more room for him, "I know, you get used to it though" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Does he know your gay?" Asked Vic, I shook my head, he had already made it clear in what he thought about gays. "Has he gone to sleep?" He asked, more quieter, I nodded my head and Vic smiled "why?" I asked, Vic pushed me back gently and lay on top of me. "Because now we can have some fun" he whispered, I smiled as his breath tickled my skin then I placed a hand on his neck and brought him down to me. His lips were warm and made me feel all tingly inside, he kissed me slowly at first but then it gradually got more passionate. I slipped my tongue into his mouth and brought my hands up to his face, I was surprised at how quickly I was getting turned on at this. He bit my lip lightly before pulling away a little and moving on to my neck, I felt him nibbling and kissing my neck probably leaving a trail of hickeys. I placed my hands on his hips and pushed into him, he let out a moan as he grinded against me. "Shhh" I whispered, I really couldn't risk my dad coming in, especially now. He sucked and nibbled above my collarbone, sending shivers down my spine, I could hear him breathing heavily as he kissed back up my neck and to my mouth. He pulled away to remove his shirt and I did the same, kissed him again and started fumbling with his zipper, Vic pushed me away and stopped kissing me. We were both breathing hard and I was confused as to why he stopped, "I don't think we should... not here, not with your dad here" he said through breaths.

"You were all for it before?" I said still confused, Vic sighed and flopped down next to me, "I know but I wasn't really thinking straight, you know like you said: we always get too carried away" I nodded my head, he was right but I was so sexually frustrated right now that all I wanted to do was rip all his clothes off and have him fuck me till I'm sore. Woah! Where did that come from? I blushed and got up from the bed to turn the lights off.

"Might as well go to bed then, right?" I said as I removed my rest of my clothes so I was wearing only my boxers then I climbed into bed next to Vic. He moved up close to me and lay an arm around my stomach, I nestled back into him, his chest was warm and comfortable on my back. "Goodnight Kellin" he whispered in my ear and kissed my hair. "Goodnight Vic" I replied.