‹ Prequel: Superstar

Speak Now

2

Our flight landed in Chicago at 9am on September 26th, I had to go straight to Abbys to make sure everything was set for tomorrow, so I asked my brother to pick me and Michael up from the airport, I figured it would be a good time for them to bond. I was grateful to see that Michael and Corey actually got along pretty well off the ice and they made plans to go out tonight since I would be with Abby.

"Wheres Michael", Abby asked as we were rearranging stuff for tomorrow.

"With Corey and probably some of the boys", I shrugged.

"Do you love him", Erica asked, looking at me.

"Of course I love him", I answered while the girls gave me questioning looks.

"But are you in love", Abby asked and I sighed. They both knew the answer was no, without me even having to answer.

"Does he ever, talk about me", I asked hesitantly.

Erica nodded, "Not to me. But to the boys probably".

"Michaels a great guy and gorgeous and he seems really sweet Lex, give it time ok? Its normal to still be upset about him but don't let him screw up your future", Abby advised.

I nodded as we continued to make sure all the seating arrangements were in order and that everything was going to run smoothly tomorrow.

~Wedding day~

"Were really sorry about you and Pat, Lexie", Shaw whispered to me as we were taking the Bridal party pictures after the ceremony, "And we're still family, even if you left us for New York and the Rangers".

"Good to see you Lex", Toews said, joining the conversation. I laughed, I didn't realize how much I had missed these boys. I haven't seen 'him' all day. He dropped from the Bridal Party when he found out about Becca, thinking it would be too hard.

"Theres the smile we love", Seabrook said, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"We heard you brought a Ranger here", Hossa said, joining in on the conversation.

"Michael Del Zotto, know him", I asked.

The boys nodded, "As long as he's not a Flyer he's welcome".

We continued to talk before the photographer yelled at us to get in positions for the photos. After the photos we made our separate ways in the limos to head to the reception.

"You know, these guys aren't so bad for a bunch of Blackhawks", Mike whispered to me as we made our way into the reception. I giggled as I grabbed his hand

"I'm gonna introduce you to the bride, come on", I said leading him towards Abby. She was talking to someone, but I couldn't tell who it was since the figure had its back towards us.

"Hey Mrs. Sharp", I giggle as we reached Abby.

She turned around as well as the mysterious figure and I quickly dropped Michaels hand when we locked eyes. The same eyes I haven't seen in almost 7 months.

"Lex", Patrick whispered.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was running away. Leaving them all in a very awkward situation. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in one of the stalls. I reached up to wipe away the tears that I didn't even realize were falling. I was practically sobbing when I heard the door open, I took a shaky breath to try and calm myself down. I knew Patrick would be here, I didn't expect him not too. It was just after 6 months of crying myself to sleep over him, I wasn't ready to see him as I thought I was. I convinced myself that he didn't love me anymore, if he did he would have tried to contact me. But when we locked eyes, the same passion that used to be in them when we were together was still there. I took another deep breath before coming out of the stall.

"What happened", Abby asked, almost giving me a heart attack. I didn't realize she was in here.

"It's just I got so used to the idea that he didn't exist in my world anymore and I tried blocking it out but when we locked eyes all those memories come flooding back, engulfing me in pain all over again", I cried as I leaned on the counter for support.

"I saw her run out, what happened", Erica asked as she rushed into the bathroom.

"Nothings going right, this isn't how it was supposed to me", I cried into Abbys shoulder, I was talking to myself more than the girls but they both nodded understandingly.

"Some people are meant to fall in love with each other…but maybe they're not meant to be together", Erica said as she tried to fix my hair.

"We were supposed to be together forever", I mumbled as Abby wiped away mascara from under my eyes.

"Patricks been going through a lot too Lex, but sometimes the best thing to do is let go. Go talk to him. Get the closure you both need", Erica said as she continued to fix my hair.

Once the girls were satisfied with how I looked, we left the bathroom. I took a deep breath when I saw Michael come up to me, he looked worried. He knew I dated Patrick, but I never told him how serious we were.

"Are you okay, I got really worried", he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. Just like Patrick used to do. I forced a smile and nodded,

"Bad sushi", I lied.
♠ ♠ ♠
40 subscribers from one chapter, you guys are awesome!:) LOL so heres another chapter