‹ Prequel: Superstar

Speak Now

3

Everyone greeted me as I walked up to the table, but there was no denying the awkwardness.

"Can we talk", I asked Patrick, I hated how my voice cracked when I asked. He nodded and stood up. I walked out to the back of the hall and he followed me. Once we were outside I took a seat on the bench. Neither of us said anything for 5 minutes.

"So Del Zotto", Patrick asked as he took a seat next to me I nodded.

"Are you seeing anyone", I nervously asked. I know it was selfish to be scared of his answer when I was seeing someone.

He chuckled lightly, "no".

"Do you love him", he asked, looking at the ground.

I sighed,blinking away my tears, "Kissing someone new feels great until you realize that the person on your lips doesn't know you as well as you first thought. They don't know about your mood swings or how you hate chocolate or how you like to eat a tub of ice cream when you're said. You start to think about how you actually dislike some of the features of their face and how they don't get your sense of humor. Then you start to worry about how you don't know them well enough to know if they have a mole in the dip at the bottom of their spine and the only freckles you've seen are on their nose and how he doesn't make your stomach flutter and thats when you realize that you should be kissing someone else"

Before I knew what was happening he cupped my face in his hands. His thumb stroked my right cheekbone and his eyes flickered down to my lips for a split second before looking back into my eyes. I was so caught up in our stare, I didn't realize our faces gravitating closer together 'til our lips finally touched. My eyes closed immediately at the familiar sensation and I let myself kiss back, our lips forming together.

As we pulled away I felt tears brimming at my eyes, I sighed and quickly wiped them.

Why didn't you call me back after that day", I asked

"I didn't want to contact you until I got rid of Becca. I wanted an annulment but she fought it", he sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"What do you mean? How can she do that? The tramp faked a pregnancy just so she can be a gold digger", I snapped.

"Thats what I wondered too…but she had her ways", he said and I nodded, "Its over now though, completely annulled".

I smiled, "Thats great, I should get back in side", I said as I awkwardly stood up as did he, "Michaels probably wondering where I went"