‹ Prequel: Superstar

Speak Now

7

"We don't get to see her before the show? I wanted to say good luck, she was always there before our games.."

Corey laughed at me, "Chill lover boy, she's probably a monster right now with her nervousness, you'll see her soon enough, sit down already."

I sighed and sat down in our front row seats. I wanted to see Lex before the show to let her know I was here for her, I was afraid she might think I would ditch her again.

"Are you okay with her doing this?", I asked Corey as the show started, Lexie hadn't came out yet.

"You think I like grown men staring at my little sister? Lex is stubborn, you know that as well as me…if it was up to me she'd be a doctor, but she loves what she does so I let her be.", Corey shrugged.

I nodded in understanding as Lexie came out on stage. She was wearing an USA costume. I couldn't help but feel annoyed when the guys around me began to whistle cat calls. I rolled my eyes and cheered for her. The rest of the show went that way, Lex was a fan favorite, and whenever she'd come out all these grown perverts would hoop and holler, some even going as far as what they'd do to her. I clenched my jaw and looked to Corey who seemed calm during the whole thing. Control, I reminded myself. If I got kicked out of her show, I'd ruin any chance I had left with her

Alexis POV

"Lexie!! How does it feel to have Alyssa De Lucca wear the fantasy bra this year?", a media person asked me after the show. I smiled and walked over to them for a few minutes, I always felt so bad for them when some girls would completely ignore them.

"Lyss here," I grabbed Alyssas tiny arm as she almost walked past us, "is my best friend, so I couldn't be happier."

"Hey guys.", Alyssa smiled and we quickly posed for a few photos.

"What parties are you going to tonight?", I asked Alyssa as the media moved on to talk to Miranda Kerr.

"None, I'm hanging out with Mike.", Alyssa blushed.

"Oooh love birds", I joked as she swatted my arms, I looked to my right to see Mike patiently waiting for her, I waved, "I'll let you go, text me later."

I said goodbye to Lyss and walked through the crowds, searching for Corey, Sylvie, and Patrick.

I soon found them, all huddled in the vip section.

I snuck up behind Patrick and put my hands over his eyes, "Guess whoooo."

"Hm, whoever could it be.", Patrick joked as he pulled my hands off his eyes and turned me towards him.

"Lexie, you did so awesome, all of your costumes were my favorite.", Sylvie said, giving me a quick hug. I glanced at Corey and smiled, giving him my approval of his girlfriend.

"Yeah I guess you did okay", Corey said as he hugged me afterwards.

"Superstar", Patrick smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

"So you guys liked it?", I asked as everyone smiled and nodded, "What are you guys doing now?"

Sylvie looked up to Corey and he shrugged, "Not sure, why?"

"I can get you into some parties if you want.", I smiled as I knew what there answers would be. I quickly called the security guards at the parties and told them Corey and Sylvies name for the VIP list.

"You're the best", Corey said as he hugged me before running off with Sylvie.

"You're not going with them?", Patrick asked, turning to me.

"I didn't feel like it, I kinda hoped we could hang out", I said shyly, "that is if you don't have plans or anything."

"I might have to clear my schedule, but I guess we can hang out.", he smirked, I took his hand and led him out to the limo waiting for me in the front.

"Where too?", Billy, my driver turned around to ask us.

I looked to Patrick, "I'm starving."

"You know I can always eat, so whatever you want kitten."

I smiled, "Luigis Pizzeria it is!"

"This is where you wanted to eat?", Patrick said as he helped me out of the limo.

I nodded, "I can finally eat like a normal person again, and they have the best pizza in the city, come on!"

We got a small table in the empty restaurant and ordered a large, deep dish sausage pizza.

"Why did it take so long for you and her to get the annulment?", I asked, I was curious.

I could see Patrick tense, but he quickly relaxed.

"She told her lawyer that no fraud was committed and so she wasn't going to sign under those terms. She had fake doctors reports and appointments and everything.", he sighed.

"Oh my god. What a bitch, she had fake doctor reports and everything?", My eyes widened as shock and anger settled in my body.

"Yep."

"No wonder you believed her."

"What do you mean?", his jaw clenched.

"I never really understood why you believed her in the first place, without checking or making sure.", I explained.

"You thought I just stupidly accepted her word? Why didn't you just ask me?"

His bitter tone surprised me, "I don't know, maybe cause I was too caught up in my own heartbreak, it's not like we were really talking at the time."

He reached his hand across the table to hold mine, the one single movement shattered my defenses. "I'm sorry Pat, it's just…"

"Don't. I'm sorry, you weren't there, how could you know what was going on."

"I shouldn't have just assumed.", I said, staring at our hands. He gave them a squeeze.

"I know that I probably should have called you sooner, but while it was all going on, the annulment bullshit, I was so caught up in fixing everything that I wanted everything to be perfect before I saw you again."

"You're here now, that's all that matters.", I smiled, "But how did you get her to sign the papers?"

"Okay twenty questions", he joked, "Her supposedly best friend came to me and told me she'd agree to testify on my behalf that Becca faked everything."

We spent the rest of dinner reliving the hell that has been the last 7 months, but I had a new perspective to everything, I never realized how much Patrick had also gone through