Status: whenever i can, comments welcomed!

Charm

Family and Friends

Finally after 3 days I had moved all of my stuff into Tom’s house.
“I had forgotten how much rubbish I had” I said chuckling to myself.
Tom was helping me unpack boxes when he started laughing at something. I went over to see what it was and he had found my mum’s old photo album full of my school photos.
I went to grab it away but Tom turned around and made “awe” noises at the pictures.
I sat on the sofa and buried my face in the pillow my cheeks going red with embarrassment.
“Mia you looked adorable” he said and I felt him sit on the sofa.
I sat up and glared at him “next time I see your mother I am going to request your most embarrassing baby photos and see how you like it” I said poking him.
I tried to keep a stern face but he did the little smile he did with raised eyebrows and it made me crack and smile back at him.
I stood up and carried on going through the few remaining boxes and then something caught my eye. I pulled out a photo of Tom and I smiling on the beach that I took on my phone when he came away with us to France.
I stood there smiling at it and soon Tom came over and leaned over me seeing it.
“we should get one of those big photo frames with lots of different frames in it and put this in it” I said turning around to face him.
He nodded in agreement “we can put it in the living room” he said smiling.
I smiled back and kissed him gently and held his hands at the same time.
“you know” he said breaking the kiss “we have to leave in about 30 minutes to go to my mother’s for dinner. She has invited all of her friends and family for a buffet type thing”
“do I need to get changed into something more presentable” I said giggling as he twirled me around as I was in tracksuit bottoms and a t shirt.
“if you wouldn’t mind” he said smiling.
I jogged upstairs and had a quick shower and stuck on a simple blue dress with a long black cardigan and my black ballet pumps. I dried and straightened my hair and grabbed a bag to chuck my stuff in and probably Tom’s phone and wallet. Tom was wearing his usual handsome black trousers, light blue shirt and a leather jacket.
We drove to his mother’s house and were greeted with a warm welcome. I had met his mother a few times along with his father and sisters but there were a few friends here as well.
We sat down on the sofa and soon got into enjoyable conversations together as a family.
“oh!” tom said jumping up “we should get a group photo!” he said smiling. Everyone agreed and everyone got into position. I was on the sofa next to his sister and a there was a space waiting for him. He set it up so all of us were in it and he put the timer on. He ran back managing to get through us all and sat back down next to me putting an arm around my waist.
Eventually it took it and everyone resumed their previous activities.
Tom grabbed his phone and sat back down and said “awe thats nice” showing the photo to me.
“yeah it is Tom” I said smiling at his face, he looked very proud of himself.
“can I put it on twitter and facebook?” he said raising an eyebrow at me.
“sure why couldn’t you?” I said holding his free hand.
“well, I have my arm around you and I didn’t know if you wanted everyone to know yet” he said quietly.
“oh don’t worry about that it’s a lovely photo and you should share that” I said kissing his cheek.
He smiled and typed away saying – a lovely evening with family and friends, lots of people very close to my heart.
He turned back to me and gave me a quick kiss before I got up to see if his mother needed any help with the food for dinner.