Status: whenever i can, comments welcomed!

Charm

Mother

The day after the ‘first date’ Tom and I went to help Jeremy with apartment hunting and viewing around London. However we came back to mine at about 2pm and was knackered. I think me and Tom passed out on opposite ends of the sofa whilst Jeremy watched some film.
I heard the doorbell go and slowly opened my eyes from my slumber but Jeremy had got up and said he had it.
I slouched back down and ended up kicking Tom in the armpit “sorry” I mouthed as his eyes flicked over.
“its ok” he mumbled as we both closed our eyes again.
I heard Jeremy talking and running in before the visitor and mouthed to me ‘mother’.
I sighed as she walked into the room.
“hello mother” I mumbled standing up as she gave me a disappointed face.
“you should be out on a nice day like today not sleeping on the sofa.” She moaned putting her handbag down on the table.
“well we were apartment shopping for Jeremy then we got home and was tired” I mumbled resting on the back of the sofa.
Tom stirred from behind me and sat up flashing a smile but still had sleepy eyes so it wasn’t very convincing. He stuck his hand out to my mother “tom!” he said shaking her hand.
“Marie” she said back.
Tom sat on his knees on the sofa and leant his arms over the backrest so he could see what was going on.
“any particular reason you are visiting?” I asked because she never normally came round, she would normally text or phone me.
“well actually, we are organizing a family holiday to the south of France” she said. I groaned at the thought of being away with all of my family but I felt Tom’s head whip up and said
“that sounds lovely” he said poking my ribs.
“yes Thomas over here is a bit of a fan of France” Jeremy said slightly mocking him. I bit my lower lip to stop myself laughing.
“you can come if you want” my mother said putting all of her interest into Tom.
“oh no really I do not want to disturb.” He said waving his hands around but I could tell he wanted to leap at the offer.
My mother looked at my provoking me for an answer.
I looked around to Tom “yeah, why not” I said “saves me from having to accompany my brother and cousins”.
Tom stood up and hugged my mother saying thank you and then hugged me.
“don’t talk about your family that way” my mother mumbled picking up her things.
She opened the front door “we leave in 3 days, so on Monday and we go for 2 weeks”.
“ok!” I said as she left the apartment and I fell backwards onto the sofa.
I heard Tom go into the kitchen and Jeremy followed and I heard Jeremy coo at Tom mocking him for coming with me. I couldn’t help but smile but be scared at the same time, we have only had one date and he planned to take me out tonight but he is going to get bombarded with questions from the family.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading! :) x