Status: Active, but not sure when updates will happen

Our Rebel Love

Chapter 3: And So, BVB Was Born

Jake's POV

I was excited that we might find a singer after all of this time, but barely anyone of the people here had the right image for the band. Some didn't even look like they knew bands like KISS or Motley Crue! Thankfully, there happened to be a few that did have the right look and knew what kind of band we were going to be, but they didn't seem to have very good voices. After the first ten, I started to get hopeless, and here we are on the last one. I recognized him, he was infamous around the whole school when I was there as the bad boy. I wonder how this will turn out.

Jinxx's POV

For me, I didn't really like many of how the people sang. Only very few good ones here and there, but they still weren't rock and roll band material. Like, most of them sounded like they were from choir and had a formal kind of tune to their voice. I really liked that, but I still know that they wouldn't fit with what we were looking for. We all had found one who had an okay voice and looked like he would fit in with it okay that we would more than likely hire if no one else blew us away. As the last person came up, I could feel that we were all a little tired and just hoping that he would sound good. Andy was his name, were have I heard that before?

C.C.'s POV

I was and still am really excited about this! Although most of them disappointed us and our high standereds, we still found one that might work and still had one left to go! Much to my pleasure, the last one was the one from the roof that day, his name is Andy!!! He is in a few of my classes, and even though we don't talk to much, I still think he is perfect for the band! Now, all he needs to do is ace the try-out and he is in!! Damn, I am hyper, probably shouldn't have had those three cups of coffee!

Ashley's POV

I was seriously bumbed out that we only found one person we liked out of fifteen. I just hope Andy can do really well. It would be cool to have him in our band, instead of a stranger from school. I could tell C.C. was excited that he was here, he kept looking over at Andy and giving him a smile. He was also bouncing in his seat and wouldn't stay still, I told my mom NEVER give coffee to C.C. but she did anyway. Great. Worst part? He is staying over tonight and even without coffee, he hardly ever sleeps. He is just so naturally hyper. Well, here we go. I just hope he can sing!

Andy's POV

"Um, hey." I said, kinda nervous. I was planning on singing an original song, and had a back up just in case I couldn't do that. "Hey Andy!!! What are you going to sing??" C.C. asked, smiling like an idiot at me. I smiled back weakly, "Well, I was going to sing an original song if that is alright." I said, glancing at Ashley for his approval. It was the one who sat farthest from C.C. who answered me, I think his name was Jake, "Sure. We don't mind, what is the name of the song?" "Knives and Pens." I said, and they all nodded and waited for me to go. Here goes nothing!

"Alone at last we can sin and fight,
and I've lost all faith in this blurring light.
(Stay right here and we can change our plight!
Storming through despite what's right!)

One final fight, for this tonight!
Whoa-oo-ohhh!
With Knives and Pens, we made up ri-ight!
Whoa-oo-ohhh!

Lay your heart down, the end's in sight!
Conscience begs for you to do what's right.
(Everyday it's still the same dull knife,
Stab right through and justify your pride.)

One final fight for this tonight.
Whoa-oh-oh
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Whoa-oh-oh

Well I can't go on without your love that you lost, you never held on.
(We tried our best. Turn out the light. Turn out the light!)

One final fight for this tonight.
Whoa-oh-oh
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Whoa-oh-oh"

I looked up after finishing the song, which I sang the last part while looking down slightly. All of the guys had their jaws wide open. Oh gosh, was I bad? I hung my head down and started messing with my shirt for a second, then looked back up and pretended to be confedint. "....Andy....how did you do that?" One of them said, Jinxx I think. He was smiling now, actually, all of them were. C.C. jumped up and tackled me before I could understand what he was doing. "OMG Andy! I didn't know you sounded THAT GOOD! You have to join the band. No if, ands, buts, or whats!" He said, very quickly. I almost didn't get all of it. After a minute, it dawn one me that they liked it, they actually liked how I sounded.

"Well, as C.C. said, you really have to join the band. You are like the best singer, ever." Ashley said, smiling really big. He walked over and gave me a small hug, then Jake and Jinxx did the same. "Um...So, I am in the band now?" I asked, it was still sinking in, and it was sure taking it's time. All of them laughed some, and C.C. spoke up again. "Of course you are in the band. And you can't say that you changed your mind. You are not allowed to not be allowed in the band." He said before running up stairs to get something. "Cool." I said to him, or his back.

Ashley's POV

I am still in shock alittle. I had no idea that Andy could sing like that. C.C. was going crazy because he knew that Andy was defentally in. It was kind of an unspoken agreement. Jake and Jinxx gave him a small hug for congrats, and I did the same aswell. After a few words C.C. ran upstars, I guess to grab something to drink or eat. That guy could eat an entire cow, literally, and still be hungry. It was actually kind of cool though, we even challenge him sometimes. Anyway, back to the point. It looks like we can finally come up with a name. "Congrats Andy! Here is my number!" I gave him the peice of paper. Jake and Jinx did the same thing as C.C. came down with some cokes and snacks. "I told everyone else that we decided and they could go home." he said setting everything down. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

We all sat down and started talking about ourselves. It took about fifteen minutes to figure out that we would call our band the Black Veil Brides. It was Andy's idea. Apprently when a Nun marries into the church, she wears a black veil. He explained how creating a band was like giving up some pleasures for that band and it was like marrying yourself into the band. We all really liked it, especially C.C. who said that he was seriously going to wear a black veil while preforming. It seemed like he was joking though, so hopefully he won't.

After another half an hour, Andy had to go home, so did Jake. Jinxx was staying over with C.C., and we all said goodbye. I walk Jake and Andy out, only to find my parents coming in. When they saw Andy, they looked disturbed for a second, then acted normal. After he was gone, my parents pulled me away for a minute before letting me go back down stairs. "That wasn't Andy Biersack, was it?" My dad said coldly. "Yeah....it was." i said, not looking forward to this. "Ashley! why was he here? He didn't break in or anything right?" My mom said, looking worried. I just rolled my eyes. Andy really wasn't as bad as everyone said, he just spoke his opinion and did what he wanted. He wasn't mean or evil though. "No, he tried out for the band. He isn't as bad as you guys think." I said. My mom looked relieved slightly, but still worried. My dad looked pissed. "Tell me he isn't the one who made it in. I already told you that he is a bad influence and not a good person to be associated with. I know, not just think, how bad he is." I looked at my father like he was crazy. He didn't know anything except the rumors.

"Well, as long as he doesn't influence you to do bad things, I am okay for now. But if I find out that he got in trouble with the law or something, then he is out of the band and not allowed here." my mom said, to tired to really care. She always liked giving people chances before doing something. My dad opened his mouth to say something but my mom shh'd him and they went upstairs. "Night, love you" they said. "Night!" I yelled back before going down stairs.

Andy's POV

Today had to be the best day ever. I was finally in a band with my crush, and we would be hanging out a lot after school. Although, the detention brings it down a notch, but whatever. The only other awesome thing that could happen is if I sneak into my room without my parents noticing. I unlocked the front door to go in, very quietly, sneaked up the stairs. My parents light was on, so I was going to have to wait til late to take a shower. Or until tomorrow morning.

I was just about to walk into my room, when I felt something make contact with the back of my head. I turned to find my dad, very drunk, with a small bat in his hand. "Were the fuck have you been freak? Huh? Out cutting yourself, couldn't have been with friends, you don't have any of those." my dad said, not slurring. He never slurred when he was drunk, it was the other way around, but only when he was at home. "No, I had detention, then i went over to Ashley's house for a band thing!" I hissed, I couldn't wait to get out of this house and away from this asswipe. "Don't use that fucking tone with me, dumbass! And who would be in a band with you! No, tell the truth, WERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO AFTER DETENTION!" my dad shouted.

Since he was going to end up beating me anyway, I decided that I had enough for one night and snapped at him. "I FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT I WENT OVER TO A FRIENDS, THAT IS RIGHT, FRIENDS HOUSE BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO TRY-OUT FOR THEIR BAND! GUESS WHAT, I MADE IT! TAKE THAT BASTERED!" I shouted and turned to walk off while he stared dumbly. He quickly snapped out, grabbed my arm and threw my across the hallway, almost down the stairs. Fuck. My ribs were already sore from last time. "If you ever fucking raise your voice at me again or use that language again, I will fucking kill you! The reason I ain't right now is because I need a punching bag to get this anger out, and someone to make food.!" he said, kicking me all over, then pushing me down the steps. He went back to his room and slammed the door. I ran back up the steps, curssing the whole time at the pain. I knew that something had to be broke, and would go to the docter to get it checked out later.

For now, I had something else I needed to do. I walked into my bathroom, undressed to my boxers, but before taking those off and turning on the shower, I opened a secret draw of mine. In there was two black boxes. One held a knife my grandfather had given me before he passed away, the other, held two blades that were sharpened and a small note that said 'Use a knife or a pen to make the pain go away. Choose right!'

I wrote that to try and help keep me from comming, that is also were I got the song knives and pens from. "Uh, looks like knife won." I wishpered to myself before slidding down the wall as I pushed the cold metal into my fragil skin. I didn't cut to deep, but I did cut a few times. In my head I sung a small song that I sang to myself when I first started cutting, when I was ten years old.

"One for Mother,
Two for Father,
Three because it isn't okay,
Four for the hope it will be one day,
Five because screw it,
Six for me liking it,
Seven because I know,
Eight because I can't let my past go,
Nine because I can't cope,
Ten because I gave up all hope."

After the tenth cut, I cleaned my blade and put it back. I then cleaned up my floor and stripped, started the shower, and jumped in. I hissed at the pain coming from my bleeding arm as the water hit it. After a second, I enjoyed the pain and started washing myself. I am so pathetic, maybe I should go and die. That is what everyone says and apperntly no one would miss me.

I cut the shower off and got dressing in some boxers and batman pj bottoms. I feel asleep thinking about how much everthing would be better off without me. No one needs me......

Maybe, I will kill myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! So, how did you like it? Like I said, I am not the best at writing but, I try!c:
please comment and tell me what you think! Also, thank you to those who have commented and to those who have recommended this story! You guys rock c:
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!