If I Just Saved You, Then You Could Save Me Too

Prologue

I can't help but laugh to myself how jealous everyone is. They think it's fantastic how I am being adopted by my real father. But all I can think is why does he suddenly want me back into his life? He obviously needs me for something. Because that's all anyone ever does with me anymore. They use me. Like some filthy rag doll you play with then throw away. I'm more than that. I'm a china doll no one should touch, even though they crave to let their fingers roam my soft skin. But I am not that. I am a nothing. I am what everyone in this world hates.

So as I board the plane to California I smirk. Because all the people back at the orphanage are jealous of me. They know I am going to live with a glamorous rockstar and they are stuck there. Yet just a day ago they were beating the living shit out of me and spitting on my face. Funny how fate works isn't it?

3 homes/families later I am being brought back together with my father. James Owen Sullivan. Over the years I tried to contact him but he didn't care. He was too busy with his band, which I am a fan of. He gave me up when I was 1 and I don't remember a damn thing about him. Which is for the better. I have a million questions for him. But I already know I won't be able to ask them ever. Maybe for once in my life I should try to enjoy this. Maybe I should let the thoughts escape my mind and try to live. Because laying around is getting tiring. I am finally ready to tackle these voices, this depression, this disease.

"Ma'am?" I hear a blur of words in the back of my head.

"Miss? Um.. hello?" I open my eyes and look up at the blurred figure above me.

"Wha-?" I reply in a scruffy voice.

"I think you dropped this." My vision become clearer as I look at the male. I drop my eyes down to his hand where he holds one of my blades.

"Yes, thank you." I reach out to grab it but he pulls away.

He shakes his head and gives me a loving look "No no."

I furrow my brows in confusion. I attempt to explain that I need it back and not to tell anyone. I mumble things but he just watches me in silence.

"Why are you doing this?" I finally ask, looking at his eyes for the first time. I watch as the emotions spread through them.

"I'm saving you."