Status: My first fanfic : ) Hope you all like it!

Fighting for Her

Crack

Tommy's hands ran up and down Riley's back as their kiss deepened. Her skin felt smooth against his rough hands. A small moan escaped her mouth. He pulled away, nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck. Breathing heavily, his conscious was getting the better of him.

"Ri..."

The light coming in through the window made her glow. Her silhouette lightened by the orange of the street lamp. She looked like something magical, he thought.

She hooked her legs around his waist and pulled him closer as she fell back on the bed.

He brushed the hair out of her face, her eyes closing at the sensation. He kissed her lightly on the lips. When she didn't kiss back, he lifted his head and let out a low chuckle.

She had fallen asleep.

He lightly pulled the blanket out from under her and brought it up to her chin. He kissed her forehead.

"Good night Riley Mae Brighton."

------------------

Riley's shower was hot and felt great. She still had a wicked migraine but the water was soothing, making her feel slightly better than death. She couldn't remember the last time she had gotten so drunk. She actually couldn't remember a lot about last night. At least after Ryan left.

She found a pink sticky note on her bedroom door from Anna.

Thought I'd let you sleep in. Be back later with sustenance. -A

She checked the time, it was already one in the afternoon. Her stomach grumbled loudly, and she wondered what time Anna would be home. She dialed her number but got no response.

"Ugh." She hadn't eaten much the night before and by now her body was running on fumes.

The apartment was still full of empty cups and beer bottles, streamers and half dead balloons. She was not in the mood to clean. Instead, she walked lazily to the fridge and checked the contents. Three day's old chinese, a half eaten slice of pepperoni pizza and a slice of cake. She settled on a bottle of water. She took a long drink, the water feeling so refreshing as it ran down her throat. The silence of the apartment was broken by the sudden click of the front door unlocking. The door slowly creaked open.

"Thank god. I was just about to eat my arm off." Riley turned expecting to see Anna but was greeted by a straight faced Ryan.

"Expecting someone else?" He closed the door behind him and turned the lock with a definitive click.

"Just Anna. She was bringing food." Riley leaned her elbows on the kitchen counter. She figured he was here to apologize but she sighed and caved first.

"Ryan, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to yell at you. I just feel like we haven't been... us lately." Already tired of being on her feet, she hopped onto the counter, letting her feet dangle and knock into the cabinets beneath her.

Ryan closed the space between them. "Is that all you're sorry for?"

She looked down at her tattoo. She knew he would be pissed but she loved it regardless.

"I don't understand what the big deal is Ryan." She held her arm out but he didn't look down. "Its not like it says 'Fuck bitches, get money'". She laughed but the joke was wasted on him. Instead he just tapped his fingers on the counter.

"Remember when we first met, and you were studying to be a lawyer?" His voice was steady and calm. She nodded.

"Then after your first year you decided to change your major to art?" He scoffed at the thought and shook his head. "Your parent's flipped out. I should have never let you do that."

She narrowed her eyes. "Let me?" He ignored her and went on.

"Then you graduated early and opened your little store. What happened to that ambitious girl I met in college?" His eyes closed in on hers as he waited for her response.

"I was still ambitious Ryan. I opened a store all by myself. With no help or support from you!"

"How was I supposed to support something that I knew was completely wrong for you?" His voice started to get louder.

"And now this." He lifted her arm and instantly dropped it. "I'm still having a hard time believing you did this on your own."

She ignored the obvious dig at Anna.

"Why cant you just support me Ryan? I support you and I don't even get to see you! I mean the last time we actually did something together, no work, no anything, was in the summer!" She spoke with a high pitched whine.

He nodded and rubbed the bottom of his chin.

"So you're bored. Is that it?"

Riley laughed, not understanding what boredom had to do with anything.

"What are you talking about Ryan?" She let out a long sigh.

"Don't pretend with me Riley." He put his hands on her knees in front of him.

"Ryan, I don't know what you're talking about." She went to get off the counter, clearly over the conversation, but his hands pressed harder, keeping her seated.

"Ryan." He leaned in closer and pressed his head next to hers.

"Do you honestly think he can provide for you like I can?" His voice but a whisper.

Riley stiffened and knew instantly that he was talking about Tommy.

"Ryan, I-"

He yanked her off the counter by both arms and she came flying into him.

"Do you think he'll care about you like I do?" His hands squeezing harder on her wrists.

"RYAN! You're hurting me!" She twisted her arms free from his grasp and walked toward the front door. Before she could fully open it to kick him out, he reached across from her and slammed it shut.

"I know you slept with him last night Riley." His eyes in a rage.

Her eyes grew large. She couldn't. She wouldn't. Not like that. Why couldn't she remember?

"Ryan I didn't. I swear." She tried to think but couldn't.

"Jacob and Kyle told me. They told me he carried you into bed last night." He backed her up into the door and brushed her dark hair behind her ear.

She shook her head, hating that she couldn't remember a thing. Even charades was now a blur.

"And as they were leaving, the saw you pull him into bed with you." He slid his hand toward the nape of her neck.

Tears began to sting her eyes. She closed them to force the tears away and that's when she remembered.

His hands on her back. His lips on hers.

A smile crept on her lips at the thought. Her feelings getting the best of her just at the worst time.

Fuck.

Ryan grabbed a fist full of her hair and pulled her head back.

"Ryan!!" She let out a scream and pushed against him with her hands.

"After all that I've done for you." He let go and pushed her harder against the door. Her head flying back and hitting the wooden door.

She grabbed at the back of her neck and tried to rub the stinging away. She looked him square in the face. "You haven't done a damn thing for me Ryan."

The backside of his hand came flying into the side of her face with a hard crack. She grabbed her cheek and fell forward, letting out a sharp cry.

"You see what you made me do Riley?" He pulled her up and laid his hand flat against her shoulder, pressing his thumb on her throat, keeping her from moving.

The tears started to roll down her face, the salt burning the side of her face that he just hit.

"Just tell me you're sorry for all of this and everything can go back to the way it was."

Riley stood there, tensed, cheek throbbing. She wasn't sorry that was for sure. She couldn't help but think of every single time she spent with Tommy. And not one of those times did she ever think of Ryan. She felt no remorse because she didn't feel anything for him anymore.

"Ryan." She spoke softly. "Go fuck yourself."

With another sharp crack, his hand collided with her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Riley : (

Wonder what Tommy's going to do.......