Status: My first fanfic : ) Hope you all like it!

Fighting for Her

Baby Love

Anna reached down and slapped Ryan in the face.

"Anna, lets go." Noah called after her.

When she got into the car, she smiled to herself. "Finally, its over."

Noah slammed on the gas and the car screeched into the distance. With a low grumble, Ryan rolled to his side, sending the video tape clattering to the pavement. His muscles were tense and he felt as if he were just hit by a train. He placed both palms on the ground and pushed himself up with a shaking groan.

Struggling to hold himself up right, he eyed the sign in front of him.

Pittsburgh Police Department

He rubbed his face with his hands, instantly noticing the sting. He brought his hands down, eyeing the dried blood caked on his knuckles. Brushing them against his shirt, he feverishly tried to rid the stains from his hands. A car passing by jolted Ryan to stare into the street like a deer caught in the headlights.

He had to get out of there before someone saw him. He began to run. Picking up his feet, he ran until he disappeared into the night...


-----------------------------------------------------

"You're shitting me right?!" Anna stood in front of Riley with her mouth agape in surprise. Riley said nothing, only smirked at her best friend.

"Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod!" Anna ran into Riley and gave her a tight hug, then pulled back apologetically.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to squish the baby." She put a hand on Riley's flat stomach.

"Seriously, A?" Riley laughed and brushed her hair behind her ear nervously.

"So, what did Tommy say? I bet you he was more excited than I was!" Anna beamed at Riley, who was staring at her bare feet.

The pause between them was almost unbearable. Riley opened her mouth to say something but closed it instead.

"Oh my god..." Anna said, raising an eyebrow.

"Stop." Riley maneuvered around her and out of the kitchen.

"Riley Mae!" Anna sounded more like her mother than a friend. "Come back here!"

Riley stopped mid step and turned to face a disapproving Anna.

"Anna..." Riley dropped her head down, letting her short hair fall forward.

"I can't believe you haven't told him." Anna stood with her hands on her hips.

"I know, I know. I just... I'm scared, Anna." Riley walked over to the couch and slumped into a cushion, hoping it would just swallow her whole.

Anna followed suit and put a consoling hand on Riley's head.

"You? Scared?" Anna hugged Riley, still careful not to squish her too hard.

Riley laughed a bit, and hugged her best friend back.

"What if this isn't what he wants?" Riley said in a soft voice, almost shy.

"Ri. One thing's for sure. Tommy is crazy about you. And if that means dealing with the extra baggage," Anna poked at Riley's stomach, "then I think he'll be fine."

Riley laughed. "Did you just call my unborn baby, baggage?"

Anna contemplated this before snorting a laugh. "Sorry." She poked Riley's belly again. "But you know what I mean. He'll be fine. You'll be fine. It will all be fine."

-----------------------------------------------

Tommy pictured Ryan's face on the bag he punched. He hit it again and again and again until grabbing it with both arms and pushing it as far as the chain would take it. His muscles were tense and body rigid. He knew he had to tell Riley that Ryan never got arrested. But he didn't want her to worry. He stalked around the bag once more before resuming the punches.

Behind him, he heard a pair of dragging feet. He smiled knowingly and turned to see Riley smirking back at him. She ran up to him and flung herself into his open arms.

"Why aren't you at home resting?" He said after kissing the top of her head.

"I missed you." She said into his bare chest.

"You should have called me." He carried her to the corner of the gym where he usually kept his bag and pinned her against the wall. She giggled as he wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Yeah, but this is so much better." She ran her fingers through his wet hair.

He kissed her again, this time on her smiling lips.

"Your butts vibrating." Tommy chuckled as he set her on the ground. Riley fished her phone out of her back pocket and answered the call. He smacked her butt playfully and returned to the punching bag.

"Hi Mom." She looked down and started walking over a strip of red tape that was on the floor.

"Riley honey. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." She looked over at Tommy who was jabbing the bag with right hooks.

"That's good to hear. I hope you're getting lots of rest."

"I am. Are you guys leaving tomorrow?" Riley kept following the tape on the floor, sticking one foot in front of the other.

"Yes sweetie. That's why I called. We want you and Thomas to come for dinner tonight at the hotel."

Riley stopped in her tracks. "Tommy?" She looked up at him again, this time he was staring back at the mention of his name.

"Oh yes, Tommy. Sorry."

"No, no. I just meant... really?" Riley raised both her eyebrows in surprise.

"Well yes dear, he is your boyfriend after all."

"Okay..." Riley was still trying to get over the kindness her mother was showing.

"Goodness, Riley. Don't sound so shocked. I can see a big difference between him and that little shit Ryan."

"Mom!" Riley laughed at her mother's use of a curse word. The frigid queen of being ladylike was breaking her stride a bit.

"So you're both coming then? Dinner's at seven. Don't be late now."

And she's back. Riley thought. "Okay, Mom. See you at seven." She hung her phone up and rolled her eyes. She hopped over to Tommy who was now unstrapping his gloves.

"We have a date tonight." She took his hands in her own and helped him take the gloves off.

"With your parents?" He asked in a higher pitch than normal.

"Yesss..." She dragged the word out, eyeing him for a reaction. His mouth twitched and she knew. "You're nervous." She smiled a bit.

His blue eyes crinkled at the sides as he smiled back. She threw her head back and laughed.

"I don't believe it." She shook her head, letting her brown hair brush the tops of her shoulders.

"Shush." He put a finger on her lips and she bit it playfully. "Oh really?"

She pushed away from him, giggling as he came towards her. She was happy. He made her happy. She knew everything would be okay. They were in love and their baby would only bring out more of that.

"Why are you so silly today?" He leaned forward, putting a hand on the wall behind her.

"Because I love you." She couldn't stop smiling.

"Well you're in luck." He put a finger under her chin. "Because I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
A quickie xoxox