Letter

?

I ran, I never ran from anything, I stood my ground, I fought for what was right… but something was wrong.

It started after Plague vanished with all but a note, exclaiming ‘Moving on to better things’, of course the real reasoning’s were here nor there, and if I’d of dared get involved she would of killed me, besides sometimes we need time alone.
I had turned back to my old ways, killing for fun, perhaps having too much fun, but then it started becoming empty, troublesome and more of a chore.
And that brings me to where I am today. I needed more, I needed something to make me feel alive. So I killed an immortal council member, he was high up, rich I think, I believe his name was Chester, I guess ill never know now.
That brought the chase, the thrill, being hunted and then slaying them down one by one. It defiantly isn’t who I am, but fun regardless. But something had changed.

I returned to the safe house, kicking the door open unceremoniously and dumped myself onto the decrepit old sofa, dust flew into the air as I hit it this a thud. I sat up and slipped my leather jacket off, checking out my new wounds, they’d heal over within the hour, nothing to major.
“One would almost think your throwing a tantrum” I glanced up, Despair stood in the door way to the kitchen, his eyebrows raised.
“Then you’d be wrong” I sneered, touching the large cut on my forearm.
“Then why are half the council dead, why is there a man hunt for you, and god forbid they find you. And why are you here? Of all places, here”
“Circumstances change” I mumbled
“Don’t tell me your still cut up over the past?”
“Why are you still here?” Despair glared at me before striding over to where I was sat,
“you are treading dangerous ground!” he seethed, I jumped up and pushed myself against him,
“what you gonna’ do?” I whispered into his ear. I slammed into the wall, plaster falling from the surrounding area, Despair latched onto my throat with a powerful grip
“Im not some person you can mess about, Im your friend and if I need to, I WILL kill you.” He shoved an envelope into my hand, “I suggest you leave” He backed away slowly glaring straight through me,
“im s-”
“leave”
I stumbled out of the dent I had made in the plaster and walked straight out the door.
I walked up to the tree not far from the house, my old training ground.
I traced my fingers over the envelope before slowly opening it, I began to read.

………..

A LOUD CRACK of lightning blasted through to summer air, although I couldn't careless, I couldn't quiet believe the letter, it seemed impossible yet gratifying.
before I could stop myself, my legs started running, running faster than I had ran before.
It had started raining after the first hour, by the third I was soaked through, if I were human id probably have hypothermia by now, lucky for me I wasn't. My mind went back to the people I had killed, regret full? Probably, remorseful? Definitely.

I stopped front of a large house on the edge of the city, it stood tall among st the row of semi detached houses. The rain hammered down, it started to fell as thought my skin was being taken away with it. I strode up to the door and knocked three times.
A Young Man opened the door and took in my appearance, clearly not trusting the soaked through man panting relentlessly on his doorstep,
“Can I help you?”
“does Pla-Rosalie still live here?” The man raised an eyebrow before leaning back slightly but never breaking eye contact,
“Babe Someones at the door for you” I rolled my eyes, of course she’d get a boyfriend.
“who is it?” I heard a faint shout
“An old friend” I spoke looking down at my feet.
“An old friend?” he spoke questioningly, suddenly footsteps rang throughout the house, and there she was,
“Gaurds?”
“Rosalie” I smirked
“you havnt called me that in years”
“I havnt seen you in years” I gave the man a pointed look
“Ill be inside babe” he smiled at her, I snickered.
“babe?”
“shut it!” it suddenly went quiet. “so why are you here?”
“I uh, I got your letter.” Her smile faltered but she regained it. “Listen, what happened those years ago, it hurt me it truly did, and I understand I hurt you in the after math, it wasn’t something I could just forget, I didn’t just loose the trust, I lost a friend. I lost one I held dear to me. But I found the letter, I know you understand what you did was wrong and in a sense what I did was wrong also. And I couldn’t just forget what had happened, I needed time, time to heal. And im sorry for putting you through that, im apologise and in doing so, I accept yours, and I had missed you” I looked down at my shoes before glancing up at Plague “So no more bullshit, no more interference. Friends?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldnt find the words to say, i hope Guardian chose the right ones.