Thin Line

Chapter 10

He talks. And he talks. And he talks some more. And after all of that talking, he talks some more. Frank was the energizer freaking bunny, except he doesn’t give energy to others, he takes it from you.

“And then, Bob said…”

“Be quiet!” I nearly screamed at him, taking deep breaths in, “I can’t take anymore of you talking, Frank. You just go and go and go!” I pressed the radio button and took a deep breath, “Listen to the radio, and go to sleep.”

“But…” Frank tried to plead, and I sighed.

“And the sad thing is, we’ve only been driving for ten minutes.” Gerard said. I cringed and nodded, moaning,

“I know.”

“Fine.” Frank huffed, “If you don’t want me to talk, then you talk.”

“Nothing to talk about.” I said with a smart ass attitude. Frank smirked and leaned back, crossing his arm.

“Oh there is plenty to talk about. Especially about last night.” He said as I rolled my eyes, and picked up my vibrating phone. I looked at the caller I.D and saw Meagan’s beaming eyes and flaming hair.

“Hello?” I asked her, she didn’t say anything and fear consumed my body, “Meagan.”

“Yeah…sorry, I was trying to protect your good name from the fans of MCR.” I sighed and shook my head,

“They found out, huh?”

“Are you saying it’s true! You and Gerard are going out?” She screamed in my ear. I winced hard and shook my head,

“No. No. We are not going out! I just met him. Meagan, think about it. A few days ago I couldn’t stand to hear his name.” I blushed hard,

“Well, these girls and some guys are saying some pretty awful stuff about you.” Meagan said. I sighed and scratched my head, trying to figure out if I really wanted to know.

“What are they saying?” I asked, but I should’ve known better.

“Well,” Meagan started, “Somebody named Iero’s Chick says that you are gold digging whore that only wants Gerard for his money.” I blinked and started to nod,

“You tell her that Gerard is almost twice my age, so why would I go out with him.” I turned to him and he looked hurt, but it faded quickly. He can’t have feelings for me and neither can I. I’m still a minor, and he is an adult. But still I couldn’t shake the feeling.

“Another person says that you are gonna make him be an alcoholic again because you are so wild.” I busted out laughing and Frank sat up,

“What? What’s so funny?” He asked me.

“Well apparently because I’m such a wild partier, that I’m going to cause your friend here," I paused to look over Gerard, "alcoholism again. I didn’t know I had that type of power.” Meagan laughed a bit and I heard her furious typing.

“Oh!” Meagan squeaked, “This is my favorite, you are the devil for taking away Gerard from us. I hope that you die the deepest pits of hell and then you get rapped in the ass by the devil.”

“Sounds painful.” I joked and then sighed, “I can’t hear much more of this. Because it might just make me go out with him just to make his fans mad.”

“If you did that for real, these girls would have your head.”

“Only if they promise.” I said and heard another call coming, “I’ve got another call. After I drop them off, I’ll come to your house okay?”

“Alright, see ya then.”

“Bye!” I pressed the green button and said, “Hello?”

“Marissa Emily McHenry! Where are you?” My mother bellowed in the phone. I sighed and just hung up the phone. I have never hung the phone on my mother, but I didn’t feel like dealing with her stupidly right now, I have enough people on my case for something that isn’t real.

“You okay?” Gerard asked me, I nodded and smiled at him. I looked in the mirror at Frank, who was texting on his own sidekick,

“Who are you texting?”

“Meagan.” He said softly and I blinked,

“Do you like Meagan?” I asked, I could hear the nervousness in my voice. I don’t know why that makes me uncomfortable, maybe it’s because... no. Don’t even think that, Marissa.

“As a friend, I just wanna make sure she has my number. We’d promised to keep in contact.”

“Oh,” I said softly, my eyes going back to the road. I didn’t look at Gerard because I didn’t know if we were going to keep in contact. Today is their last day in town, and I’ll never get to see him ever again after this. I felt the stinging feeling of tears and I looked up at the ceiling trying to get them back in. Dammit! I reached up to wipe them away. Why am I crying! I just met him! Has he really had such an affect me! I pressed on the gas, zooming past a bunch of cars, “Hold on,” I muttered. I just wanted to get them there and go home. I never wanted to see Gerard again. He didn’t and shouldn't mean this much to me.

“Mari?” Gerard asked me, I didn’t answer, because I was going to cry my eyes out. Fuck! Fuck! I hit the wheel because none of this was supposed to happen. This is all wrong! Dammit!

“Marissa?” Frank asked, looking up from his sidekick. I swallowed and put on a fake smile, I could feel myself sliding back into my mask.

“I’m fine! Just a little sad that people would say things about me like that.” Dammit! Why can’t I just tell them the truth now! Is it because I don’t know the truth myself? I hate them! I hate Gerard! I hate the band! If I ever see them again it will be way too soon! The car ride to the hotel was quite, except for my hiccups and the tears falling to the car floor. I pulled up to the curb and turned to them, “Well, you are here.”

“Thank!” Frank grinned, and got out the car. I could fell Gerard just looking at me, with those same beautiful eyes. I won’t look because if I do I’ll fall in them.

“It was nice getting to know you,” My voice was quivering. I turned to him and more tears fell out of my eyes. I’m bad as Meagan. He gave me a soft smile and nodded,

“Yeah, it was.” He said getting out of the car, and walked to the hotel. Once he was inside I broke down. I hate crying it’s the worse feeling in the world, like nobody is going to save me. I can’t fell this way for someone I just met. Two days ago I couldn’t stand him and now I fucking crying because I won’t be able to tell him my secrets. Because I won’t be able to see his smile. I put my head on the wheel and silenced my crying, letting my shoulders shake. I heard the car door open and I felt the cold hair.

“Go away, if you’re the paparazzi. I’m in a bit of distress right now. So it would be very nice if you didn’t take a picture of me.” The person didn’t move and I sat up, “Didn’t you fucking hear me, go the he—” I turned and saw Gerard. I wiped my tears and crossed my arms, “What do you want?” I said thick with ice.

“I really don’t know.” He said. I nodded and looked at him.

“Well that’s a shame. Everybody should know what they want.” I sighed and leaned my head back.

“Well what do you want?” He asked me, I turned to him and I shook my head.

“Happiness. To go to college. To not be hated by a group of people.” It felt weird me being in the car and him outside, so I stepped out and looked at him in the eyes. The wind blew our hair and all I wanted was to go, but yet I stood there.

“Well that’s good. Happiness. College is overrated. And you will always be hated by someone. I learned that the hard way.” He said, and I laughed a bit. The wind blew a tear off of my face and I put my hand out,

“I’m glad we taught each other things. I learned that the person is different than the band.” He just looked at my hand and grabbed it softly. Electricity didn't zoom through our hands but it wasn't like there was no feeling there either. There was something.

“And I leaned that teenagers are pretty fucking cool.” He said. I looked down and started to hum Teenagers. Still a pretty bad song, but I could stomach it a bit better.

“Well, you have to go get ready to go to another city and meet another girl just like Meagan.”

“Yeah, but I think I can honestly say, that there is no girl like you.” Gerard said, with a soft smile adorning his face. Heat caressed my cheeks as I started to blush.

“Well, I think I can honestly say there aren’t enough of guys like you.” Silence washed over us and I smiled at him softly. His sidekick destroyed the mood and I laughed, “Well, have a good tour, okay?” I got back in the car, putting my seatbelt on.

“Wait!” He said before I drove off, his sidekick still ringing. I looked at him, “Marissa, I…” He sighed and bit his lip trying to think of the right way to say something, “I’m sorry about everything.” I shrugged it off,

“Why do you have to be sorry for something that isn’t your fault?”

“Mari,” He started, but I just sped away, leaving him the background. I couldn’t take much more of this painful goodbye. He doesn’t even know, and he won’t. Gerard will go to the next show and forget I even exist. Damn, that hurts. My phone rang and I picked it up,

“Hello?” I whispered into the phone,

“Mari!” Meagan cried, “Are you okay?”

“No, Meagan…” I started to laugh, “I’m not o-fucking-kay.” As I laughed tears streamed down my face and it wasn’t fair. I still don’t get the fairy tale ending. More people hate me than normal. My parent’s are going to kill me.

“Oh baby…” She cooed and I just cried into the phone. When driving to her house, she tried to make me happy but it wasn’t working. I felt pathetic and stupid for crying of a man that could never love me. Fuck! I just admitted that I loved him! How does that happen in two days flat? There is no such thing as love at first sight. And sure as hell there is no loving a man that is twice your age at first sight! I drove into Meagan’s drive way and got out of the car, and looked at her.

“Meagan, how the fuck does this shit happen?” I yelled looking at the storm clouds over head. She came to me and hugged me, and I cried into her shoulder,” I hate My Chemical Romance, Meagan!” So…so why do I love him? He gave me no promises of tomorrow, yet I expected them. He never even said it, but I thought I felt it. I sighed and felt the soft pellets of rain on my head, “It doesn’t matter, Meagan. We both knew this wasn’t going anywhere…just a little fantasy I tried out in my head.” I plastered on a smile that she saw right through.

“Marissa, come on lets get you out of the rain and some chocolates in you.”

“I like chocolates.” Meagan gave out a small laugh as she led me in the house. I heard the crack of the lightning and the boom of the thunder. Well, I can honestly say, Gerard, that it was fun while it lasted and I will never forget you. Ever…and I hope that you don’t forget the only girl in the whole wide word that can’t stomach My Chemical Romance.

END

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last chapter of Thin Line, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. It means a lot to me that you all commented and I would like to personally thank Rock_ur_self, who helped me a lot with the mistakes….and I had a lot. So thank you. And I want to thank all the people that gave this a chance, so thank you.

Thanks for the memories!

The sequel is called Between Love and Hate