Thin Line

Chapter 2

Gerard Way. Born April 9th 1977. He’s hometown is Belleville, New Jersey. He used to stalk Christina Ricci. Started My Chemical Romance after the September 11th attacks. Is afraid of needles. It sickened me how much I knew about my attacker. It sickened me even more thinking about how much Meagan knew that I didn’t. He looked at me with his russet eyes wide open.

“I said I’m sorry.” He said to me. I closed my eyes, trying to contain my anger. Nope. Not working. They snapped open and I glared at him,

“You are sorry,” I whispered, “You are sorry!” I exclaimed, “Who the hell runs around their own concert like a madman?” Gerard tried to contain his laughter. He walked to me trying to explain,

“See what happened…”

“No! I don’t even wanna fucking hear it!” I felt Meagan behind me. She was going to close my mouth so her night wasn’t ruined. No. Do not even try me. We all heard the door creak open.

“You guys are heading on in ten.” Meagan screamed and grabbed on to me,

“Let’s go! I don’t even wanna be in G.A. Where are our seats?” She said to me, I pulled the tickets out of my pockets,

“Section 110, Row A, seats 13 and 14.”

“Oh! I want 14!” She exclaimed, taking the ticket from me.

“Fine by me…” I turned around, letting my anger dissolve for the moment. I was heading out the door when Meagan turned around. I couldn’t see her face, but it probably was wet with tears,

“I love you guys so much. I’m really sorry for Mari, but she’s having a bad night.”

“Oh really?” I heard one say, I turned around pulled Meagan out, and she waved and sighed hard.

“I should have given them my number.”

“They were frightened of you.”

“They were frightened of me?” She cried. Megan shook her head, thinking what I had just said was funny, “You were the one about to explode.”

“I donno,” I started, walking into the area, “it’s not everyday somebody runs into you.”

“Lucky. Gerard pummeled you.” I rolled my eyes, sitting down in the seat. She started to babble on the way they looked, and how she thought Frankie was taller and about she loved what Gerard did to his hair. And the fact that she thought Bob was hotter in person and I couldn’t stand it anymore. I tuned her out, listing to the roar of the crowd. But like a little fly by my ear her voice kept getting to me. But it wasn’t a string of words, it was always one word. Gerard. Every time she said his name, my ear twitched, and I glared at the arena mumbling,

“Let’s get this—” Someone was rolled out on a gurney, and the screams of insanity came.

“Now come one…come all to this tragic affair.” Gerard started. Meagan jumped up and down, screaming her heart out. I just crossed my arms, and legs, closing my eyes trying to sleep. The screaming became louder, and I just groaned, feeling a headache coming on.

“I hope this isn’t three hours long.”

Two hours in, Gerard decided just to talk to us, as if we were all close friends. To bad he has an enemy here.

“Now, I would like to thank you personally, Chicago. But there is a person here I really want to thank. Can we get some lights?” He asked, the lights followed his command and blinded us, “You!” He pointed in my general direction, “Spotlight on Section 110, Row A, seat 13.” My body froze, as the spot light came to me.

“Oh my fucking Jesus Christ.” I muttered, looking down. Meagan stood me up screaming at me,

“Listen to the man!”

“Would you come here for a quick second? I just want to thank you properly.” I shook my head, trying to sit back down, but Meagan pushed me out of the lisle. I walked slowly, as if he was the one standing at the door to my death. I looked at his sweaty face and his make-up that was completely gone. He grinned at me and spoke into the mic, “Will you state your name for the Chicago people.”

“No.” I said, feeling something in my back pocket vibrate. I pulled out my cell phone and opened it up, then held it away hearing the screaming of Meagan.

“You are so lucky! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I ha—” The phone was snatched out of my hand,

“Hello?” Gerard said into it. He held it away from his ear again and smirked at me. In one swift movement, he closed it and put it in his back pocket. I glared at him,

“Hey! That’s my phone, give it back!”

“Nuh uh uh!” He said into the mic, “Now, Chicago people, I invite this girl up here, and she talks on the phone. Do you think that is very fair?” Boos meet his response and I sighed looking at him.

“I don’t care that you are Gerard Way. You could be Jesus Fucking Christ and I still want the same thing. Give. Me. My. Fucking. Phone.” He laughed and shook his head. His lips went on the microphone and he muttered two three words,

“You can go.” I blinked at him, and he turned away walking to the bassist. I followed him on stage,

“My phone.” He turned around and eyed me.

“You can have it back if you will sing with me.” I opened my eyes wide and laughed. Right then I could have died of laughter.

“I’m not going to sing with you.” The crowd grew angry. They wanted to hear My Chemical Romance. Not a girl and Gerard arguing over a cell phone.

“Do you not know our songs?” He asked a bit too innocently. I nodded. Of course I know their songs, Megan sings them or plays them all the time. I would be a bit happier in life if I didn’t know their songs. I know every beat, every cut off, very riff, everything. I can even play a few of them on the piano.

“I do.” I said, then he handed me the mic,

“Teenagers.” Is all he said, walking back to the drummer. Gerard sat down, crossing his legs looking at his nails. I glared and nodded at the one of the guitarist. I muttered in the mic,

“Let’s get this the fuck over!” I sighed and looked down, “They’re gonna clean up your looks.” I heard the guitar in the background; I looked at the crowd and sang my heart out, “Jump!” I screamed and for some reason, they listened to me. The song ended, and I bowed walking to Gerard and my hand went out. He smirked at me, and handed it back. I walked off of stage disgusted; I was going to walk to my seat when someone “guided” me in a different direction, “Get your paws off of me!” I muttered to them. They just kept a tight grip on my shoulder and put me back in the dressing room.

“Sit down.”

“Until?” I questioned. The door slammed and I sighed, looking at the television. This night just keeps getting better and better! Three Cheers for this terrible night!