Truly...Madly...Deeply

The Work Of The Odds.

“I do.” Kate solemnly vowed as everyone mentally sighed in relief. No one really thought that Kate would second guess things and leave him at the alter but it was still a tension filled moment. Plus, he’d kept her waiting for a full seven years. Many people would agree in saying that she could always get payback by jilting him; like I said, no one thought she would yet it’s a very suspenseful moment. William’s face broke into a smile at the same time that Kate’s did.

The priest, however, remained unamused, “You may now kiss the bride.”

William leaned forward and one hand cupping her cheek he kissed her sweetly, not making it too short or too long for a royal. It was the perfect kiss, making it seem like they'd rehearsed it numerous times. Jon took another silent picture as most of the world and the entire country erupted in cheers. It was a worldwide event.

They linked hands to walk down to pose for endless pictures. The crowd outside was going insane. This had been the event of the year for them. Countless souvenirs selling everywhere; ranging from teacups with their faces plastered on to posters to even autobiographies that were rocking children's and adult’s libraries everywhere.

Women copying Kate’s fashion style. She wears those nude shoes and suddenly, it's what's “on” and every lady that doesn't own a pair is despised.

We were taking pictures and I had to take a personal picture to send my mom, who’s probably sat in front of the TV this moment as we speak.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” They all chanted gleefully and William whispered stealthily in Kate’s left ear and she gave a small, furtive smile as their lips connected.

“Whooooooooo!”

A hand tapped my shoulder, removing my attention from the new couple, and I spun around to be met with a tall guy. I'm a 5 ft 9” so I know what I meant when I said tall. My eyes slowly scanned all the way up.

Prince Harry.

No biggie, I've been trained for this stuff. Not! What on earth am I supposed to do? I probably should've been more attentive back then when I was five and watching Cinderella. How did Cinderella address the prince?

“Um- I- Uh.”

His cheeks tinged a rosy pink, “I just dropped my watch. It's between your legs.”

“How did you manage that?” The words flew out of my mouth before I could remember that I was indeed talking to a Prince and not some regular guy as I picked up the watch.

He chuckled awkwardly and took the watch, “Ha! Erm, I tried to get Wills attention by throwing it at him.”

“Oh, so your solution to get his attention was to throw your watch at him?” I skeptically implored, once again forgetting who I was talking to. “By what I can see, you didn't get very far and I'm pretty sure everyone would notice if a bulky, gold Rolex watch came in contact with Prince William’s face. Could be even worse if a bride got hit with a watch by her brother-in-law. It would make headlines, I reckon I'd personally write an article myself.”

He grinned, “Yeah, I didn't think that one through. Probably wasn't one of my brightest ideas.”

“No,” I shook my head. “It most definitely wasn't.”

He smiled and thrust forward a hand, “I'm Harry and you are?”

“Arden. Arden Calder of Hello! Magazine USA."

“Nice to meet you, Miss Calder. Um, I've got a spare hour this night at 6 p.m, that is, if you are interested in a one-to-one interview,” he asked and my mouth fell agape as I eagerly nodded. “Meet me at the Crystal hall in the Lytton Hotel. I'll leave your name and they should let you in. I must be going, it was my pleasure meeting you.”

I gasped speechlessly, “Yes, of course. Is my photographer allowed?”

“Of course,” he shrugged. “To take a few pictures then it’s just you and I?”

“Yes.”

He nodded and waved in a silent farewell. I watched as he disappeared into the crowd of people. I could hardly believe my luck, actually I couldn't believe it at all! Prince Harry had just offered to let me interview him. For the first time the odds weren't against me!

“Arden,” Jon’s voice startled me. “Did I just see Prince Harry of Wales, third in line to the throne chat with you?”

I turned to him and whispered so that no one else would hear,“You'll probably think I'm crazy but he just told me that we can interview him tonight at 6 p.m. He just- I- We are so getting raises for this. Liane reportedly said Clarence House had decisively refused interviews with all magazines until next month when they'll be having a bbc interview.”

His pink lips parted and he deadpanned, “Shut up.”

“Whoa, you're going Princess Diaries mode on me. But in reply to that yes way!” My smile so big that I thought that my face just might split in half.

He threatened, raising a single finger to point at me, “Arden Taylor Calder, I swear if you are fu-”

“Jon, I'm not. Do you really think I'd joke about something like this. I'm a lot of things, Jay. I'm not stupid.”

He drew in his breath, making his face even tauter, then with his voice jumping octaves higher at each word, he squeaked, “Are you really interviewing the Prince and am I really taking pictures of him?”

“Yes, Jon. This is really happening.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Now, I feel really bad that my chapters are so short but really if I were to write a long chapter then you guys could be waiting for another week!