Status: Complete <3

Cutie

Cutie

PART ONE

*****

'Are you alright there, Kemp?' Were the words that snapped me out of the daze I was in. I flicked my gaze to the left - where the words had come from - and saw Drew standing there in his Marvel pyjama bottoms.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine.Why?" I replied, smiling as Drew had a minor struggle to re-arrange the items in his hands (a glass of water and a sharing bag of Skittles) so he a hand free to gesture to Laurence with.

"Well, he's asleep on the couch and you're standing in the middle of the room just staring at him? I don't know if that's normal in your head or?..." He teased, giving me a trademark smirk.

"I'm the epitome of normality; I've got no idea what you're on about..." I would have whistled non-chalantely had there not have been a chance I'd wake Laurence up.

I guess that was the reason I'd fazed out in the first place. I'd walked into the room however long ago it was to tell Laurence that I was off to bed and wish him goodnight; when is found him though, he'd beaten me to sleep and was passed out on the couch.

Just one thing sprang to mind when I saw him.

He's such a fucking cutie!

I resisted the urge to squeal like a fan girl and stood there smiling at him. Could you blame me though? Imagine it, a gorgeous boy like him lying on the couch, asleep from the exhaustion of playing a show just over an hour ago, his raven fringe dangling over his closed eyes and his lips parted ever so slightly. Imagine him curled up slightly on his side, one wristband covered arm drawn up in front of him so it was near his chest, his breathing steady and peaceful.

Is the thought making your heart flutter? Is it making your smile grow wider? 'Cause that's what happened to me.

"Of course you are, Kier, of course you are..." With that, Drew said his good nights and headed off to bed (though whether it was to sleep or not was debatable; judging by the Skittles, I guessed he was going to sit in bed, possibly watch a movie on his laptop while he ate them and then annoy Shane once the sugar rush kicked in).

Once he'd left, I walked over to Laurence, crouching down next to the couch so that I was on the same level as him. Leaning forward, I gently kissed the top of his forehead (because that's what best friends do, right?).

"Sweet dreams, Laurence" I whispered before heading off to our room.

I would have moved him from the couch to our bed, but I probably would have woken him up in the process. As I crawled in between the sheets , I remembered all the times Laurence used to say that to me.

Back when my nightmares of death were a frequent thing, Laurence always used to say that to me before bed in hope of keeping the nightmares at bay. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but on the nights it didn't, you could guarantee Laurence would be there to comfort me when I woke up shaking.

I thought of the way he used to pull me into his lap - wrapping his arms around me while my fingers clutched at his pyjama top as he rubbed small comforting circles on my back. When I fell back to sleep, calm and relaxed again, he'd keep an arm wrapped around me, making me feel safe.

Things like that are just some of the few reasons I love Laurence to pieces. As cliché as it may seem, I really would take a bullet for him. He's my best friend in the whole world and the person who knows me better than anybody else. He's seen me at my best, my worst, my highest and my lowest. He's seen me rise, seen me fall, seen me lose it all and win it back and through it all, he's stood at my side.

Though it's usually only used at weddings, I'd say 'till death do us part' is accurate for us. In fact, we might even surpass that; I'd walk up Heaven's road with him or follow him to Hell and back.

He's the best best friend anyone could ever ask for.

With my thoughts lingering on my best friend, I fell into a peaceful sleep with a smile on my face and a content feeling in my heart.

*****

Some people are really fussy dressers.

They'll spend ages picking out an outfit everyday and waste time matching accessories and everything. Me? I'm not one of those people. When I wake up, I use the bathroom, shower, brush by teeth etc, pull on some skinny jeans, stick on my seemingly ever present skull belt ('cause have you ever seen me without it - mountain nude excluded - ?) and pull on the first clean t-shirt I find. Done. Overall, it takes me, what, thirty minutes including shower to get dressed?

I would take longer if I was more insecure about my looks, but having fans constantly tell me I look attractive in anything (or nothing - see mountain nude comments for more details) it makes me feel comfortable with the way I look. Besides, it's not like we really care what people think about us.

Shane, Drew, Laurence and Luke take about the same time to get ready, they just sleep in later - particularly Luke -, so at ten am, I didn't expect anyone else to be up.

When I walked into the kitchen though, I was proved wrong, but pleasantly so.

Laurence also stood in the kitchen; well, I say stood, but more accurately, he was slouched over the counter, his arms crossed on the surface and his head resting on the top of them. Next to him, the kettle was bubbling away.

"Goods morning, Laur" I greeted, barely containing the 'aw' that wanted to spring free from my mouth as Laurence looked up at me. Bits of his hair were sticking out all over the place, some away from his head, some curled around his face. His chocolate eyes were shiny and looked a little startled, like he hasn't expected anyone to be up.

Cutie.

"Morning, Kier, I was about to bring you some tea" he gestured at the boiling kettle with a smile before making grabby hands at me for a morning hug. It may not be a typical 'guy friend greeting' but hey, we're close and we'll do what the fuck we want within the vincisity of our own flat.

I rested my head against his chest, closed my eyes, and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was still wearing his pyjamas and they were warm from where he'd been in them all night. We pulled apart when a flick sounded from behind us, signalling that the kettle had boiled.

While he poured us drinks, the rest of our band emerged from their rooms looking sleepy and in need of caffeine.

"Coffee?" Shane asked, sounding hopeful.

"Nope, tea, but there's still water in the kettle if you want some" Laurence informed them, handing one of the cream and black mugs to me and taking the other for himself.

"Thanks, Bevs, that would be great" Drew called as he plopped himself down on the living room couch.

"I said that there's water for coffee, not that in gonna make it" Laurence called back, making me laugh behind my mug as I heard Drew grumble from the living room.

"Meanie!" He yelled back, frowning over dramatically as he stomped back into the kitchen and over to the cooling kettle.

"We got band practice today, right?" I asked Laurence as we made out way to the lounge, where Shane and Luke were discussing God knows what.

"Yup" he grinned, taking a sip of his tea before making a little yelp and pulling the mug away from his mouth. "Ouch, hot!" He put the mug on the table and stuck his bottom lip out, looking at me with big eyes.

Cutie.

I was literally a second away from saying I'd kiss it better before realising what I'd be saying and deciding against it. Best friends or not, he'd probably be a bit weirded out if I suggested kissing him.

Instead, I settled for poking his lip back in with my finger and jokingly saying he should man up. All the while I was pushing the thought of kissing him to the back of my mind. Why did I think of that?

He chuckled and threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side, which I contently snuggled into.

Just being friendly. That's all it is.

*****

Band practice is always an amusing ordeal, it's actually a surprise anything gets done. Today, we kicked the session off with Bow Ties On Dead Guys, where Drew decided to sing all his parts stupidly high (well, higher than usual).

This of course meant that I was laughing occasionally during my parts, as were the rest of the band. It was when he fell to his knees at the end and gestured dramatically with his hands that had us in fits though.

Deciding a break was in order despite being three minutes in, Laurence and I strolled over to the side where there were a few chairs. While Luke decided to tickle Drew for his... shocking performance, Laurence took a seat, as did I. The difference? He sat on a chair. I sat on him.

I don't know why I did, but something in my brain went 'oh, he's on a chair with no armrests, let's sit on his lap!'

It wasn't even friendly sitting either, I'd sat facing him so my arms were resting on his shoulders and my legs were wrapped around his body. Drew spotted this and whistled at us, making Laurence blush as his hands settled gently on my hips.

Cutie.

"What was that?" Laurence whispered with a smile, making me realise I'd said that out loud.

"Um... Nothing?" I replied, ducking my head in embarrassment.

"Sure... Right back at you, by the way" he whispered with a grin before lightly flicking my nose.

Wait, did he just call me cute? And why does that make me feel all... I don't know, fluttery... Inside?

As the seconds went by, I became increasingly aware of how inappropriate this probably was. Of course, Laurence wouldn't say anything because he's my friend but I was probably making him feel awkward by sitting directly on his... crotchual area. Personally though, I didn't feel awkward, I... I... Liked it...

This is so wrong, I shouldn't like sitting on my friend like this! What the hell is wrong with me?! Do I like Laurence? No, he's my best friend, that's all, I'm just... I'm just... I'm just...

Attracted to your best friend?

No! Shut up brain!

But you are. You're always touching him, looking at him, last night you were staring at him while he slept.

Stalllllllkkkkeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!


This is your warning, Brain, I'm not telling you again!

It's not my fault you love having Laurence underneath you-


"Aw, look at Keveridge!" I'd never been more grateful for Drew's outbursts in my life. My train of thought was starting to travel down a road I didn't want to go down right now.

Snapped back into reality, I realised I'd leant forward during my little internal debate and was now leaning into Laurence, our chests connected and my head over his shoulder.

"Have you seen Shane and yourself lately?" Laurence chuckled, the sound making his chest vibrate against mine. I really couldn't help myself as I gently ran my hand down his front. He's always been self conscious about his body, he doesn't need to be though. He's always worried about his weight; I can remember one day when he forgot his jacket and had to go on stage in just a t-shirt. He'd hid backstage, panicking that people would make fun of the way he looked. That broke my heart to know he felt like that about himself. He's not fat; I know fat and he's not it. He may be a tiny bit chubby, but not fat, never fat.

He's perfect and he doesn't even know it.

"Yes, I have, Bevvers and we're nowhere near as touchy feely as you two!" Drew retaliated, gently throwing a Skittle at Laurence.

Did he buy more or has he got a stash somewhere? I hope he just brought more, because the idea of Drew having a secret stash of sugar is a scary, scary thing.

"Pfff, we're best friends, it's what we do!"

"You two should just get together already! The fans ship you guys for a reason, you'd be a great couple!" Drew's comment made me smile, not that anyone could see it though since I was smiling into Laurence's shoulder.

"Fan's will ship anything! Look at all the bandoms, every band has at least one ship so the fans have something to write fanfiction about. With Black Veil Brides it's Andley, with My Chemical Romance it's Frerard, with Panic! At The Disco it's Ryden, with Fall Out Boy it's Peterick, with Asking Alexandria its Brusnop, with Blood On The Dance Floor it's Jahvie and the list goes on. It's just the way of the bandom!" Looking up I saw Laurence roll his eyes at Drew after he'd listed off popular ships.

"But so perfect!" Drew whined, gesturing between the two of us.

"Really? Well if it pleases you-" Laurence started, only to be cut off by Drew singing 'like I want it to!'. "Thanks for that Drew. As I was saying, if it pleases you, I'll tell you the little poem I just wrote about our relationship. It goes 'Roses are red, violets are blue, we're best friends not lovers, so fuck you' ". Drew's face changed from a grin to a frown as soon as Laurence said the third line. Admittedly, mine did too.

Stop being stupid, Kier!

Him saying we're best friends never made me upset before, so why now? Because I want to be more than that?... Is that selfish? I already get to be his best friend and I love that we're close like that. So why do I feel sick now he's made it clear that's all we are?


The rest of the conversation washed over me as I stopped listening; I was focusing on stopping the tears building in my eyes spilling over.

Feeling suddenly sick and upset, I slid off his lap and practically ran out the room without saying a word. Everyone called things out to me, but only Laurence's words stuck out to me.

"Nice going, Drew, all your talk about Kier and I being a couple made him uncomfortable!"

Oh Laurence, if only you knew...

I left the building, only just remembering to grab my coat as I left the practice space and ran out onto the streets of Beccles.

With no particular destination in mind, I just headed for the first place that came to mind, which happened to be Starbucks.

I pushed open the logo-ed door and scanned around for vacant seats; it was around two pm on a Saturday though, so seats were scarce. Luckily, there was a two person table free right at the back. It was as far away from the counter as you could get, which was probably why no one had sat there, but it was perfect for me.

Collapsing into the seat, I folded my arms on the table and rested my head on top of them - trying to steady my breathing and collect my thoughts. A few minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder and lifted my head to see two girls standing by me, one with her arm still outstretched.

"Are you alright, Kier?" She asked, the concern in her voice mirroring the concern in her friend's eyes. I recognised the two of them. They'd both been to see us play a few days ago when we played at The Forum in Tunbridge Wells and I'd met them before at our Brighton gig a few months back, as well as at Comic-con. I'm a forgetful soul when it comes to names, but I'm good with faces.

I nodded and gave a weak smile to the purple haired girl who'd spoken, before sending one to her dark haired friend, who stood by her side.

"Are you sure?" Her friend spoke this time and I couldn't help but notice the Manchester United hoodie she was wearing. Football clothing alway reminded me of when we played football as a band, decked out in gear and ready to thrash The Dead Lay Waiting. We lost, but it was a good day.

The video's on YouTube somewhere; I really should look it up at some point, it was great fun and Laurence looked amazing in a footie strip.

Cutie.


"Yeah, just thinking about some stuff" I replied, not wanting to worry our fans. They really care about us and I wouldn't want them to be upset.

"Okie dokie, we'll leave you be then, just remember, if you want to talk about something then DM me on Twitter or something, I'm quite happy to listen if you just need to get things off your chest" It was the purple haired girl who spoke again this time, still sounding concerned. With a little wave, the two girls left, heading out the door with their to-go Starbucks cups clutched in their hands.

The conversation briefly took my mind off of Laurence, but once I was alone again, my thoughts drifted back to him and the sick feeling returned.

Am I being stupid about this? I mean, just because he says we're best friends doesn't mean he couldn't like me in a different way as well, right? I mean, he could like me but not know how I feel, so he's keeping it to himself. Of course, I could just be thinking wishfully... But he called me cute, right? That's gotta mean something, even if it's just a little something, right?

Once again, a tap on my shoulder interrupted my train of thought. I expected it to be a member of staff, coming over to tell me to either buy a drink or get out. It wasn't though, it was Laurence.

How did he know I'd come here?

Actually, that's a stupid question, he either found me through searching everywhere I was likely to be until he came across me, or just knows me well enough to guess I'd be here.


"There you are! Why did you run off?" He asked, sounding confused and concerned.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, slowly standing from my seat.

"Come on, we need to talk" on that note, Laurence took my hand in his and led me out of the coffee shop. He didn't drop my hand as we walked to a nearby park, even when we walked through the gate and sat down against a large tree.

"So?" Laurence asked softly, releasing my hand (much to my disappointment) now we were settled on the ground.

"It's nothing, Laurence" I mumbled, internally scolding myself for not sounding convincing.

"Bullshit, Kier, I know something's bothering you, so spill".

I'd been strong. I'd been strong during practice. I was strong in the coffee house. I couldn't be strong any longer though and started to cry.

"Oh, Kee, come here!" Strong arms wrapped around me and Laurence pulled me into his lap, rubbing circles on my back like he used to do when I got nightmares. It was then that it became clear to me, and the previous uncertainty was washed away - I like Laurence.

"Ssshh, it's alright, um... If its about what Drew was saying? Um... I'm sure he was joking, he didn't mean to make you uncomfortable..." He started until I shook my head.

"No, Laurence, I'm not upset because what he said made me uncomfortable, I'm upset because I wish it was true..." I whispered, not missing the small gasping sound Laurence made at my admission. I couldn't take sitting in his lap and not doing anything else anymore. I threw caution to the wind and kissed him.

Yes, kissed him. Not even quick and shy, but full on kissed him. I felt him tense before starting to timidly return the kiss. I smiled into it, loving the feel of his soft lips against mine. The magic of the moment was short lived, though, as suddenly, I felt his hands push me back, gently but firmly.

"Kier, we can't do this. No" he said, regaining his breath.

While I was kissing him, I'd stopped crying, now I felt close to it again though.

"W-what? Why?" I asked, my voice shaking. Just to add insult to injury, he gently removed me from his lap and set me on the ground next to him.

Emotional and physical rejection. Fucking ouch.

"Kier, I'm sorry, I should have told you before... But..."

"But what?"

"Kier, I have a girlfriend".

*****

PART TWO

*****

"Girlfriend?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing; he had a girlfriend and he didn't tell me - his supposed best friend?

"Yeah - Anna" he said quietly, his eyes shining with sympathy.

Don't look at me like that; I don't want your fucking sympathy! And I don't care what her name is!

"Well, congrats to you both; I hope you're happy together" I'd most probably regret the sharp bitterness in my tone later, but right now I didn't care. I could already feel fresh tears running in streams down my cheeks and I couldn't even be arsed to wipe them away.

I jumped to my feet, ready to run away, when Laurence grabbed my ankle to stop me moving.

"Wait Kier!" He cried, trying to pull me back down.

I never, ever, ever thought I'd see the day when I just wanted Laurence to leave me alone, but right now, I wanted nothing more. I wanted him to let go of my ankle and leave me be. In case he'd failed to realise, he'd just broken my heart and rejected me; I didn't want to hear it.

"Let me go!" I shrieked, trying to pull out of his grasp. Looking back at him, I could see the hurt in his eyes as he tried to keep me there.

"Please Kier!" He practically begged, tightening his grip.

I don't know what came over me. I really didn't mean to do what I did next. I started to thrash my foot around, desperately trying to kick my foot out of his hold. I was borderline distraught already, now I was getting angry as well. I jerked my leg as violently as I could and accidentally kicked him. Hard.

"Ow! Kier!" He yelled, letting go of my leg immediately, causing me to crash to the ground while he clutched his side. "Why did you do that?" He whispered, looking close to tears himself now.

Well done, dipshit. He probably didn't like you anymore the second you threw yourself at him. Then you made him sad by trying to run away and not letting him talk and then you kicked him. If he didn't hate you before he probably does now. He has good reason to as well. You're a prick, Kier.

I didn't mean to!


"I'm sorry!" I choked out, before scrambling to my feet and running away as fast as I could. After a while, my side stung with pain from stitch, I ignored it and kept running though.

I hurt Laurence, regardless of it being an accident. I deserve this.

I pushed myself to move faster, and just as I felt like I was going to pass out, our flat came into sight.

Fumbling with my keys, I opened the flat door and rushed inside, not bothering to see if the other guys had come back yet.

I headed straight to my room, the room Laurence and I share. Collapsing on the bed, I clutched the nearest pillow and started sobbing, almost uncontrollably.

He probably hates me now! I've fucking ruined everything!

At some point, I heard the front door open and Shane, Luke and Drew walk in. Despite them knocking on the bedroom door and calling for me, I just ignored everything. I'd made a huge mistake and hurt my best friend - mentally and physically. The phone rang at some point during the evening, most probably Laurence ringing to tell them what a horrible friend I am.

I should have been nicer to him; even if he didn't tell me about her, I should have understood and been supportive...

I just kicked off my shoes and curled into a loose ball under the covers before realising there was a chance I could still fix this. Scrambling for my phone, I gripped it between my fingers and dialled his number.

It rang for what seemed like eternity before I heard a click and I started to talk frantically into the speaker.

"Laur? Laurence I'm sorry I'm so sorry forgive me I didn't mean to it wasn't my fault well it was but it was accidental please please don't hate me I should have been supportive I know that but my emotions got the better of me because I really like you and I got jealous okay? I got mad because you should have told me but at the end of the day I should have put your happiness ahead of my own and I was selfish and wrong please Laurence!" I rambled, not even bothering to cover the desperation in my voice.

"Honey, I think you have the wrong number. There's no Laurence here, just me and my husband Alfie and in sure you didn't call to talk to a couple of old pensioners, sorry, darling". Of course I got a wrong number...

"Sorry" I mumbled before hanging up; I fell back against the pillows, tears no longer falling as I'd managed to cry myself out after a day of heartbreak.

Dramatic, you say?

Well, you would be too if someone you liked rejected you and then you managed to make it ten times worse. Not forgetting that said person is your best friend and you may have just ruined your friendship...

Eventually, I fell asleep, knowing full well I'd probably have nightmares as Karma's a bitch.

Laurence never did come home.

*****

When I emerged from my room the next morning - exhausted from a bad night's sleep - I was met with hugs from Drew, Luke and Shane - who must have known something had happened because they didn't question where Laurence was.

I curled up on the living room sofa, feeling too lazy to go and make myself food.

Maybe later I'll make some blueberry pancakes or something...

I actually love cooking; I find it enjoyable and there's the added bonus of a delicious end result; who doesn't want that?!

While I mused on what ingredients we had and what I could make from them, someone sat down on the couch beside me, effectively snapping me out of my food reverie.

"Oh, good morning, Shane" I smiled, watching him try and blow a piece of hair away from his eyes because his hands were being used to carry mugs.

"Hey Kier" he greeted before handing me a mug.

Coffee. Of course.

In the mornings, Laurence and I are tea drinkers while the others prefer coffee. We have 'drink debates' occasionally, which are basically when we all argue like little girls over which us better and it usually results in us being immature and doing things like tipping coffee granules or tea bags into their drinks.

Looking up from the dark chocolate coloured beverage (Oh wow, Brain, you're so punny, look, I can do it too! Hahaha no.), I saw that Shane was giving me a Cheshire Cat grin.

While he's definitely timid in interviews and around people he doesn't really know, he comes out of his shell quite a lot at home. He's definitely the more shy one of the Timids though; Drew seems to be less timid nowadays actually, but he definitely still has adorable shy moments.

"Hah, funny" I stuck my tongue out at him before taking a sip; coffee may not be my morning drink of choice, but I'd still drink it.

"I thought so" he mused, snickering as I frowned down at the drink before turning to do the same to him. "And by the way, I'm not sure what exactly is going on between you and Laurence, but I'm sure you'll work it out. He called last night an just said you two had an argument, but I could hear in his voice - and as I could tell from the way you were upset last night - that you're both sad about fighting. Go find him, talk to him". I think I took Shane by surprise when I threw my arms around him and practically squeezed him to death.

"Thanks, Shane, you're amazing" I placed the still full mug on the coffee table and ran from the room, set on finding Laurence and making things right. I made it about three steps out the door before realising something important - I was still in my pyjama bottoms and nothing else.

From inside the flat, I could hear Shane laughing, fully aware of what is just done. Now I had to man up and try to walk back in with my dignity in tact.

Oh, who am I kidding? What dignity is there in forgetting to put on clothes?!

"Forget something, Kemp?" Luke asked, trying and failing miserably at containing a grin.

"You do realise that dressing in actual clothes is expected in today's society, right?" Drew added, as I walked back to my room.

"That's why I did it, because fuck society and it's norms!" I called back as I pulled on some jeans and a grey t-shirt.

"Of course, not because you forgot or anything, but because you were making a statement" Shane said, both amused and sarcastic.

"Yup! Anyway, take two!" I yelled before running out the door and then, for the second time, back in again. To their credit, they didn't say anything this time. Shane just leant against the counter, using his phone with one hand while he held my keys dangling in the air with the other. He didn't even look up when I took them from his raised arm, but he was no doubt smirking (and most probably not even using his phone).

Third time lucky, I left the building before trying to think of where I'd find Laurence; the first place that came to mind was Starbucks. While I made my way there, a horrible thought crossed my mind - if he didn't come home, where did he stay? Probably at his girlfriend's...

All I could do was hope he wasn't there now.

I pushed open the green stickered doors and scanned the room, grinning from ear to ear when I saw a familiar head of black hair. For once since this whole thing started, fate seemed to be playing nice with me.

To run right over to him was my first instinct, but then I realised he wasn't alone and my heart sunk. Next to him was a girl around nineteen years old, wearing a Black Veil Brides t-shirt. Her wavy blonde hair ran down her back and her make up was well done, if a little heavy. Anna.

As I cautiously walked up behind them, I started to overhear their conversation, well, more accurately, Anna cooing over Laurence.

"Aww, Laurence, you're such a cutie!" As she leant into him, he wrapped an arm around her waist but looked awkward in doing so and the little laugh he gave sounded almost false.

She. said. cutie. Oh Hell no!

Now stuck between whether I should approach them or not, I just took a seat at a nearby table a couple had just vacated. I was stuck. Should I just leave them be? Should I still go over? Have I caused enough trouble already?

I felt stuck between a rock and a hard place: I could either go over and risk being rejected for the blonde haired girl, or I could leave them to it and miss what could be one of my only chances to fix this. Confused, I remembered the last time I'd sat in this coffee house; while I thought of yesterday, I remembered meeting the two fans.

Not knowing what to do, I did the first thing that came to mind and took the purple haired girl up on her offer and pulled out my phone.

I tapped on the Twitter icon, pulling up the blue app before clicking on the search people area.

Not being good with names really is my Achilles heel sometimes and being forgetful in this instance was utterly annoying. I remembered that she comments on band things a lot though, and clicked onto my mentions tab. Scrolling through, I eventually saw a name that caught my eye and clicked on the profile.

Profile pic from Comic-con. Yup, that's her.

I tapped the follow button so that I could DM her and started writing out a message. The reply was almost instantaneous and soon enough, I'd caught her up to date on the situation, now I was just waiting for a reply.

@kierfvk: So, what should I do?? x
@loisjackman: You care about Laurence, so fight for him :) x@kierfvk: But his girlfriend? x
@loisjackman: I'm sure you mean more to him than some girl, you're best friends x
@kierfvk: Should I talk at the table or? x
@loisjackman: If I were you (oh now there's a fun thought :p I'd love to e you for a day!) then I'd take Laurene aside and talk to him, so you're focused on what's happening between you two rather than with her. From what you've told me, it sounds like you both need to apologise to each other, so just make sure he knows you're sorry and I'm sure it'll all be fine :3 I don't know what'll happen relationship wise between you two, but I'm sure he still wants to be friends x
@kierfvk: Okay, thanks x
@loisjackman: Anytime, and good luck <3


Having made a decision (with the help of a fan), I stood from the seat and made my way over to Laurence, tapping his shoulder and wringing my hands together nervously.

"Laur?"

"Kier! Um, what are you doing here?" His girlfriend looked at us in confusion while Laurence and I shared a look.

"I need to talk to you, badly, please come outside with me for a moment?" I asked, much to the annoyance of the blonde girl.

"Can't it wait till later? In case you haven noticed, we're on a date, so if you kindly leave us alone that would be great" Anna sneered, making Laurence raise an eyebrow at her.

"It's fine, I'll only be gone a minute" he told her before standing - well, trying to. Grabbing his arm, she pulled him down and kissed him sloppily, like she was marking her territory or something. I may have taken a little too much joy out of the fact Laurence wasn't really kissing back but hey ho. Eventually, I got bored of her little performance and decided to say what I was thinking.

"You know, Anna, if I wanted to watch a slutty girl stick her tongue down a guy's throat, I would have gone on the Internet and Googled amateur porn..." That got her attention... And made Laurence giggle. That in turn earnt him a glare and me an even bigger one.

"Be quick" she huffed, releasing her grip on Laurence's arm and finally letting us walk outside.

Once we were outside, we settled ourselves down on top of a low brick wall so we could face each other.

"Laurence... Where do I start? I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry! I'm sorry I threw myself at you, I'm sorry for not letting you talk, I'm especially sorry for kicking you! I really didn't mean to! I'm sorry for not being supportive of your relationship with... That-" I gestured over to Starbucks - where Anna was waiting "I'm sorry for not trying to fix things sooner and I'm sorry for being a crap friend! Please, forgive me? I promise I'll try and get over you as quickly as possible, I promise! I know you must be uncomfortable with me liking you like that and I'd understand if you wanted to draw some new lines in our friendship but please, don't cut me out your life or ignore me, I need you, even just as a friend!" One I started, I couldn't stop and I just let everything that had been building up inside me for these past forty eight hours out. When I stopped it was because I didn't know what to say anymore except sorry; apparently I didn't need to say anymore though. Laurence scooted closer and hugged me tight, cradling me against his chest. I didn't hesitate to wind my arms around him in response. His fingers stroked the back of my hair briefly before he pulled back from me, ready to say what he needed to.

"Kier, it's okay, I forgive you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Anna, but, just for the record, we'd only been together a couple of days. I know you didn't mean to hurt me, it was an accident. I'm sorry I didn't let you go when you wanted to. I'm not going to ignore you or reject you as a friend and please don't apologise for liking me! And, I need to tell you something... This was actually what I wanted to say when I was trying to stop you. I may be dating Anna, but not for long. The truth is, I've always had a thing for you but after so long I lost hope and tried to distract myself with her, which was probably selfish of me. Kier, if you still want to be with me then we can be. I was going to call it off with her anyway because, as I'm sure you could see, she's not as nice a person as I thought she was" he admitted, staring at me with those chocolate orbs of his.

Cutie.

"You mean, you do like me?" I asked, so unbelieving that he would like me that I needed it re-confirmed.

"Yes, Kier, so will you stay with me? Be my boyfriend?"

I didn't respond with words, they weren't personal enough. I closed the gap between us and kissed him like it was the end if the world. Our lips moved at the same eager pace this time as he held my waist while my hands flew to his hair. Breathless, we pulled apart, and I frowned as Laurence jumped off the wall.

"I'm going to talk to Anna, I need to call things off with her" he explained, giving me a peck on the cheek before running back into Starbucks.

Finally, I've got my Prince back...

*****

PART THREE

*****

"Do you know how high the level of fangirling is on Twitter right now because of you two? Everyone's tweeting about Keveridge and how amazing it is and now they all want to know if Shane and I are a couple as well" Drew walked into the living room where Laurence and I had set up camp and chucked my phone at us. From my place in Laurence's lap, I snatched up the phone adn held it so both Laurence and I could read the messages.

Keveridge_lover2: I knew it!!!! I told you all its real!!!

Missmcrbvbfvkgurl: aww @laurencefvk and @kierfvk are such a perfect couple <3

Tuttifruttiecrilly: Congrats :3 Hope you two are happy together xx

Ashestotanya: @laurencefvk better treat @kierfvk right or he'll make his fringe sad!

Thekillingisdead123: @kierfvk + @laurencefvk = perfect couple :D

Timidloveisreal: so how long until @barronefvk and @drewfvk admit their relationship eh? :p xxx

Crillyscupcake&laurencespanda: send us pictures? Go on @drewfvk you know you want to!

Sarahshipsit: so Lukier isn't real then?? You lied to me @LukeLucasTDLW!! XD

Vikki_sammons: KEVERIDGE!!!! <3 Congrats! <3


"I'm genuinely more amused by their @ names than the tweets; the tweets are sweet but the names are a whole new level of creative slash weird. My personal favourite being Laurenceandcrillywristbandfetish" Laurence mused, dragging his finger down the phone to view more tweets. I laughed into the crook of his neck while he read out various messages, typing replies to some and retweeting a few of the best ones.

Suddenly, a pop up appeared on my screen saying I had a new DM from @loisjackman.

Opening it, I couldn't help but break out in a grin.

So, I heard you and Laurence are a thing now ;) so happy for you both, congrats <3

I showed Laurence before typing out a reply, asking if she had Snapchat. Laurence raised an eyebrow at me, making it disappear under his fringe.

"You'll see why in a minute" I explained as I copied the username she sent me to my phone's clipboard and opened the Snapchat app before adding her as a friend. As soon as I did, a picture came through which was of her sitting on a couch with her dark haired friend, making a heart shape with their hands. The short message attached simply read 'Send us Keveridge photos biatches ;) xo L & V'

"I think it's only fair to give the fans what they want" Laurence giggled, holding the phone up in front of us before attacking me with kisses and pushing the capture button.

Once he let me breathe again, we checked how the photo looked; it was perfect. I was laughing like a mad man while Laurence's lips were attached to my cheek, an equally bright smile on his face.

It was a good enough photo that I used the 'save photo' function and made it my lock screen so I could see it every time I used my phone.

As I sent the photo, I shifted in Laurence's lap so I was as close to him as I could be before locking and then unlocking the phone, purely so I could look at the photo.

"Cutie" I whispered to him, voicing the thought this time.

Taking the phone from my hands, he hit send a chucked my phone over to the other sofa before pushing me down so I was lying on my back. He crawled over me, putting his arms either side of my head to prop himself above me.

I could tell from his smile that he was about to continue with the make out session he started earlier and I, well, lets just say I had no objections.

"Right back at you, Kee".
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, feedback is loved an appreciated!

Xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt