Full Moon

Chapter 16

I stayed in my room the rest of the day. There was a faint knock on my door around 4. "Honey can I come in?" It was my mom.
"Just leave me alone to die. I said in a response.
"Now we all know a specific someone wouldn't like that..." She said as she came in and sat at the end of my bed.
"Max told me everything. And it's nothing to be ashamed of. I just hope you two like each other as much as you think you do."
"I do mom, Ive liked him for a really really really long time. And Noah is so mad at me."
"Forget about him. He's your brother. He'll get over it. He has to."
"Is he home?" She didn't say anything.
"Oh god."
"Stop it. He's okay, I just think he needed some time to be alone. This is as new to him as it is to you. But uhm honey, did you and Jason engage in anything...you know...physical?" I just laid back down on my bed and covered up with my blankets.
"Oh! Okay, well if you ever need anything or have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me." She got up and walked out. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.
"Hey hey hey party people!" Max literally almost broke down my door with all the force he used to open it. "Oh it's just you. I didn't think you'd be alone."
"Go away. Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?"
"No can do ma'am. We must go on a mission." I sat up.
"What mission?"
"We were requested to go bring home our other sibling for dinner."
"We don't even know where he is!" I said as I got up and walked upstairs with Max. He grabbed his car keys and we walked to his car.
"That's why we use magic, my dear colleague!" He closed his eyes and focused.
"What are you-"
"Shh no talking." He opened his eyes and turned on the ignition.
"What was that?"
"I've been taking little tutoring lessons with our teacher and she taught me sort of like a summoning spell, but so far I can just picture the person in my mind and if I focus hard enough I can see where they are."
"So where is he?"
"Congress Park." The rest of the ride was silent, except for Max's awful singing which makes me want to go deaf and never hear again. I'm nervous, I'll admit. No one goes to congress at night because its the wolves territory.