Full Moon

Chapter 17

Max and I walked slowly through Congress Park. I could hear a group of guys laughing by the Colombian spring. We started over in that direction. "Do you think Jason will be there?" I asked Max.
"Eh i don't know, maybe. If Noah hasn't killed him already." I froze up, and Max said "relax it's going to be okay." We approached the area where they normally hang out. They got quiet. I heard a voice "Hey something seems different." Jacob.
"Hey I recognize that smell!! HEY SAVANNAH!!" Fucking Tyler. He came through the bushes and was excited to see us.
"What are you doing here? Leave." Noah said. Jason just sat on the steps smoking a joint.
"You need to come home now." Max said. Noah pulled him aside. I could tell I wasn't wanted in this conversation, so I walked over to the steps by Jason. He was blowing O's.
"you know that's bad for you right?" I said as I sat down next to him.
"Obviously I don't care."
"Well you should care."
"Oh you care about my health?" He's always a dick when he's high.
"Marijuana can make you sterile." That made him stop and think for a second. I took it from him and threw it on the ground.
"I'll stop."
"You don't have to stop I'm just-"
"no I'll stop. But only for you. And cause we are gonna have like...7 kids. And it's gonna take my help if you know what I mean." I just rolled my eyes at him. He leaned over and kissed me. I pulled away as soon as I heard "for Christ sake. I come over here because Max talked me into allowing this and now you're back at tongue fucking again. Hurray."
"Actually my tongue didnt even go in her mouth as much as I'd like it to." Noah just rolled his eyes and I got up and went to leave.
"Wait, where's Tyler?" Greg Lucas pointed over by a big tree. He transformed in dog form and was chasing a squirrel.
"Does everyone have a specific scent?" I asked no one in particular.
"Yeah, it was like how Tyler knew it was you. I knew you mated with...that...", Jason looked up, "because you smelled different to me. Like it was still your scent but you smelled like him, too." Noah said. All of a sudden we heard what sounded like a dog crying followed by more dogs. Max pulled me out of the way as all the guys changed they forms and took off in the direction Tyler was in. Max and I ran after them to find Tyler hurt and laying down and the guys face to face with another pack. I ran over to Tyler and ran my hands through his fur. He was whimpering. The other wolf pack changed their form back into humans, as did ours. Noah spoke first, "You're in our turf." The Alpha on their side had blonde hair and green eyes.
He spoke up, "Does it look like we give two shits? We just came to warn you but we ran into your little friend that was chasing a butterfly and decided to give you a little preview."
"Preview of what?" I made the mistake of opening my mouth. The opposing pack turned and looked at me.
"You're no wolf. Neither are you." He said to me and Max. It took him a second to figure it out. "You're witches." He looked at us in disgust.
"Uhm actually, douchebag, I'm a wizard and-"
"Shut up."
"Okay, sorry." Max backed up. Looks like I'm on my own here.
"Excuse me but I asked a question and I want an answer and I never ask twice." The other pack started to laugh. The alpha walked over to me with a look on his face that I didn't like.
"You've got a mouth on you, don't you?"
"Cut the crap dick." He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Tyler and threw me on the ground. He pulled me back up so I was standing.
"You wanna open your mouth again?" I spit in his eye. I was actually surprised I did that. He lifted his hand as if he was going to slap me. But he didnt because I felt someone quickly come between us. The alpha was knocked to the ground.
"Jason stop! You'll kill him!" Noah had to get help from Greg and Jacob to pull Jason off. The alphas nose and lip was bleeding.
"Touch her or talk to her like that again, and I'll kill you."
"Will you now?" Jason ignored him and walked over to me. He asked me if I was okay. The alpha laughed and said, "HA. you two? I knew this school was fucked. Allowing interspecial couples. So? When are the pups due?" Greg cut in, "can you just tell us why you're here?"
"Oh yes! The best part. Tell them Jameson." The one who must be the beta male spoke up and said,
"New Earth Academy is going to be expanding their borders very soon. And as our alpha, Marcus, stated, what happened to your little puppy is just the beginning."
"Wait, we didnt hear about you expanded your location." Jason spoke.
"That's because it's not going to require meetings or the board approving. Our school is just going to, how do you say, take over yours."
"As in like merging schools? That's not that bad." Max said as he stayed with Tyler. They laughed again. Jameson said, "No you stupid boy. I thought wizards were smart? It's as in: a fight to the death. Whichever school comes out on top, thrives. Well, it was nice chatting with you." And with that they were gone.