Dream Girl

dream girl.

She’s invisible.

All sharp angles and skin and bones and nothing.

She decides she likes it that way.

///

“Whoa!”

A blush rises to her cheeks as pale, thin hands rise up to cover brown eyes. So, she came to apologize and instead she caught him coming out from the bathroom. Naked. No big deal. She’ll be the lady her mother taught her to be and just go away and come back in a little while. Yeah. He won’t even notice she was there anyways. Some things are just best left unseen and alone until due time. Yep.

Still doesn’t prevent her from taking a peek. Just a little one.

///

He’s crying again.

She’s angry again.

That’s all they do. Cry, cry, cry. Like big babies. Him and her family. She apologized already for being gone for a little while. But, she’s back, isn’t she? She’s here and there and they should all just deal and just...stop crying. And ignoring her. Especially him. She’s his fiance for somebody’s sake.

She doesn’t understand.

She’s on her way back to her family’s house even before her bare foot touches their shared apartments’ living room floor.

The room seems dark again.

He cries harder.

///

It mars what was once tanned, flawless skin.

Streaking across his shoulder in a blur of orange and black, the butterfly’s wings are pointed upward and outstretched, looking like it’s about to take off.

She adored Monarch butterflies.

If she thinks about it really hard, it kinda seems like a part of her will always be there with him forever.

///

She’s killing them.

She doesn’t know how to stop.

///

Her family moved all her old things up in the attic. They cleaned her room. Fine. At least she still has him.

He’s started to smile again. At that new pretty florist he met down the street.

And stick and stones can’t hurt anymore but time definitely can.

///

Her family congratulates him on their wedding. Except, it’s not her that’s the happy bride.

She’s nothing.

All sharp angles and bones and invisible.

Denial is an ugly thing.

///

“She always wanted the best for you. I’m sure that wherever she is looking down at you from heaven, she’s must be feeling so happy for you today.”

///

Ashes, ashes, I fall down.
♠ ♠ ♠
for this.