‹ Prequel: The Glory Days
Status: The Sequel is Here!

Living for Now

"Spencer, you know you have no say in this." Fury's voice mentioned.

"Don't remind me," was her short reply as she slipped on her black leather jacket. The brunette beauty's blue eyes scanned over her appearance in the mirror for a split second before she turned to face her employer.

"Good. Then you can head over there to collect him when you leave."

Sighing, she swiped up her small, black backpack from the bench and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I'll go get him." She said, walking towards the door after slinging it upon her shoulder.

"Oh, and Spencer?"

"What is it now, Fury?"

"Seeing as he's bound to be overwhelmed by today's advanced technology, someone's going to need to play babysitter for a bit."

"Oh no, Fury, I'm not–"

"But you are, Spencer. Things have already been prepared and he'll be living with you at your apartment for the time being."

"You don't get to decide that!"

"I just did."

There was a silence in the room – one that let her know that there was no getting around this, that she was just going to have to do what she always did and deal with it. Mumbling obscenities under her breath, she shook her head and stalked out of the locker room and soon out of the building. Getting onto her sleek, black Kawasaki Ninja 300, she revved the bike's engine before speeding off to where she was ordered to go.

After more than fifty years, Bridget Spencer was going to see the man who had, at one time, made her feel complete. She was dreading it, and at the same time, those familiar butterflies that would always flutter around in her stomach when she thought of him were now coming back to life.

"There's no way that you're going to let him back in, Bridget. You've got to be an absolute moron to do that. The relationship's in the past, and you're just living for now."

[Reading the prequel to this story isn't necessary, but you may be confused as there will be references made in numerous chapters. With that said, I suggest reading The Glory Days, but if you'd like to continue on without it, that's fine, too. I hope you'll all enjoy the continuation of Bridget and Steve's story!]