And We Were Flames.

You’ll make new friends.

The first day is always hard.
Walking up to her new school surrounded by unfamiliar faces the words of her father was playing on Emilys mind ‘‘You’ll make new friends”.
She sighed and closed, this was a technique Emily did every time she felt afraid or nervous about something, it was a way to control her panic attacks. Doing this made her feel like she was in control, that the anxiety that she felt everyday would disappear for a few seconds while she was in her own thoughts.
“You’ll make new friends”.

Emily walked into the school, confused and in shock. She had no idea where to go, she was like a lost child.
‘You’re nearly 18, man up!’ she thought to herself.
‘You have every right to be nervous, but c’mon, the whole reason you came here was to get away from her’

“You’ll make new friends”

Emily looked at every door to find the principal's office, she refused to ask for help, she refused to be seen as weak. This year was going to be different. She was going to be strong, Independent. Not Shy and small like last year, no way.
She finally found the principals office after what seemed like forever!
When she looked through the door the principle was shouting at his secretary telling her to get rid of a sword found at the back of his desk
“Hi, I’m Emily Flint, It’s my first day”
“Ah Emily come in”
Emily sat and discussed her achievements in the past, Swim team, School committee. But all that stuff didn't matter to her anymore.
“In your old school you turned down the offer of going to the guidance counselor after the accident? Is that a service you’re still not interested in?”
Emily snapped out of her thoughts, was that seriously in her files?
“Your father has requested that you go, and as principal I strongly recommend going, our students have always said great things about our guidance counselor Ms. Morrell”
“Of course he would” Emily had never hated her father as much as she did right then and there, how dare he set up the meetings with Ms. Morrell without asking her, he knew she wouldn't go, she hated discussing her feelings.
“Ms. Flint, I strongly recommend a visit, even if it’s just once, at least you talked with her, just once”
“Sir, I appreciate your concern and honesty but no thanks, I don’t need a guidance counselor to tell me what I already know.”
The bell went to signal the start of her first lesson
“Ah, right, it’s nice to meet you Emily heres your time table and a map of the building, I’ll take you to your first lesson which is..”
“English” Emily replied.
“I can guarantee you’ll make new friends here Ms. Flint” he said they walked out of his office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok ok ok so this is a new thing i'm doing, I've never really wrote any fanfiction so please let me know what you think of this.
xxx