Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Onward to Mt. Moon

I was true to my word. I rose, rolled up my sleeping bag, gathered my things, and left.

Czeslaw took his place in front, tireless, and led the way. Florence sagged against my head and tried not to fall asleep. The sun climbed over the peaks of the mountain and washed us in milky light. I already felt the dirt crusted around my joints flaking off. After forcing my legs to clamber uphill for an hour, we came to a Pokemon Center near a gaping mouth of a cavern. We were here.

I almost wanted to ignore the Pokemon Center entirely, but my rational side took over and I stopped there to rest and gather my bearings. I washed my clothes and took a shower, every Pokemon Center had services like this for trainers, and also bought a small traveler's map of Mt. Moon. Florence had given up staying awake and passed out in my arms. Czeslaw only sat and watched the world go by. I was about ready to go when I heard an outburst in the corner of the room.

"Blast it! Those Rockets have stirred up trouble again!"

I looked over to see an older man throw down a newspaper in disgust. Another man asked him what was going on. "That gang!" the old man exploded. "They've attacked Cerulean City!"

My blood ran cold.

The older man stormed out. Like a zombie, I got up, held Florence in my arms, and walked over to the other man, who was shaking his head reading the article. On the front page was a picture of a torn down house and the headlines blared TEAM ROCKET STRIKES CERULEAN. "What is that gang he was talking about?" I asked quietly.

"Team Rocket," the man said. Florence snored softly in my arms. "They used to be a small nuisance, but recently they've became more troublesome. They steal Pokemon, drugs, money, anything they can use for a profit. I heard they even kidnapped families from Pallet Town and robbed the famous professor's laboratory."

My mouth felt like it was glued together and I could only nod. "Thank you." And I staggered back to my seat.

Team Rocket, I thought. It felt like poison gas inflated my lungs.

That's who I was going after.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a new phone. And by new phone, I mean the most ghetto phone on the face of the planet. It's like a phone blasted straight from the 90's. It doesn't even have a camera. I know it's a first world problem, but seriously. o.o