Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Watching on the Bridge

What the fuck did Malachi just do to me?

I shivered and gathered my Pokemon, who were watching the spectacle, and started to the bridge. I tried not to think of him. I really tried not to think of him. I tried to think of battling the trainers on the bridge.

They were easy compared to Malachi. My Pokemon stomped them flat.

Isaac burbled at me as we crossed. The bridge was a white gold in color and extended a heck of a long way; probably Cerulean's token construction. It took me a moment to understand him and he made a few gestures to help out.

Who was that boy earlier?

"Oh, you mean Malachi," I said. "He's my best friend since forever."

Isaac giggled.

My face flamed and I suddenly became indignant. "What the hell does that mean?"

He giggled again and said no more.

We got off the bridge and clambered uphill. I was really tired of going uphill all the time. Slowly, the mountains grew closer and I felt really small. What was up here anyway? I saw and heard a few trainers battling, but that was it. I guessed this was where all the jerk-trainers liked to hang out and fight.

I decided to watch a couple of them and let my Pokemon do as well. I probably should've been taking this battling thing seriously, so it couldn't hurt to observe and try to learn something. "Florence, Czes, Isaac," I said. "Let's sit down and watch. We've got a gym leader coming up, maybe we can come up with a few strategies."

They all nodded, and we contemplated the battlers.

And boy, did I learn something.

All the trainers fought like they were in a war-zone. Their Pokemon came out of battles bleeding and bruised and even then they pushed them on. I couldn't believe it; were there no regulations in Pokemon battles? At one point I saw this kid's rattata break its foot. "What's wrong with you?" the guy shouted. "Why have you stopped? You useless Pokemon!"

"What the flying fuck?" I hurried my Pokemon away. "Never mind. Don't watch them. They're savages and we are not going to be like that. At all."

"Excuse me."

I turned as Florence bounded up my shoulder. A boy, probably no older than thirteen, was shifting uneasily a few paces away. "Yeah?" I asked. "What's up?"

"You're a trainer, aren't you?" he asked softly.

"I don't like to call myself that, but I guess I am by others' views," I said.

"Um... I saw you at the bridge, and I kind of have a favor to ask of you."

I frowned. "What kind of favor?"

The boy pulled out a pokeball and held it out like an offering to a god. "I'm not a good trainer. I need someone to raise my charmander that's good with Pokemon. Do you think you can do that for me?"

I hesitated. Another Pokemon would be great, but receiving one like this was almost too easy. There had to have been a catch. Isaac bounded up and down and held out his paws, so he obviously was into the idea. "What do you think, Czes, Florence?" I asked.

Czeslaw shrugged and Florence squeaked. Isaac peeped excitedly. A new friend!

"They're into it, so why not?" I said.

"Oh, thank you!" He looked about ready to faint as I took the pokeball from him. "I'm forever in your debt."

"Sure," I said awkwardly. "I promise I'll take good care of it."

And afterwards I realized why he was so eager to get rid of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jerk Trainer Justina wants to battle!

Jerk Trainer Justina sent out Update!

Reader sent out Time Wasted On The Internet!

What will Time Wasted On The Internet Do?

>Battle Pokemon
Item Run

Ignore >Read
Comment Recommend

Time Wasted On The Internet used Read!
Update used Cliffhanger!
It was super effective!
Time Wasted On The Internet fainted!

Reader sent out Impatience!
What will Impatience do?

>Battle Pokemon
Item Run

>Complain To Self Comment
Subscribe Recommend

Impatience used Complain To Self!
Attack sharply rose!
Update used Gather Inspiration!
All stats sharply rose!

What will Impatience do?

>Battle Pokemon
Item Run

Complain To Self >Comment
Subscribe Recommend

Impatience used Comment!
Update fell in love!
Update is in love!
Update is too infatuated to move!

What will Impatience do?

>Battle Pokemon
Item Run

Complain To Self Comment
>Subscribe Recommend

Impatience used Subscribe!
Critical hit!
Update is in love!
Update is too infatuated to move!

What will Impatience do?

>Battle Pokemon
Item Run

Complain To Self Comment
Subscribe >Recommend

Impatience used Recommend!
It's super effective!
Update fainted!

Won against Jerk Trainer Justina!
Reader gained Next Update for winning!

(lol this was the most brilliant thing I've come up with, guys. You don't have to do anything to get me to update, just so you know, I just thought this was funny.)