Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Uriah's Flames

Later I sent out the charmander to meet the others. My pokedex told me he was a boy and gave me a brief blurb about the fire on his tail. The flame at the tip of its tail makes a sound as it burns. You can only hear it in quiet places.

"Hey, I'm Beau," I said. I pointed to my other Pokemon. "This is Florence, Czeslaw, and Isaac. Do you mind if I call you.... Uriah?"

The Pokemon stared at me and his brow furrowed. He was a reptilian Pokemon with orange, smooth scales and sharp white claws. His tail was indeed lit on fire. I wondered where it came from, and the fire flickered menacingly. The charmander didn't look too happy to see me.

"Your old trainer gave you to me," I explained. I figured he might have been skeptical of me and I hoped that boy gave him the lowdown of what was going to happen to him. "I want to do a good job of training you, okay? Did that kid tell you this was going to happen?"

Uriah the charmander growled and flames flecked at his jaws. I was suddenly unnerved and Florence hid behind my leg. None of my Pokemon were aggressive like this. What was I supposed to do? "If you need to blow off some steam we can go battle wild Pokemon," I said cautiously. "Or if you want, you can go back in your ball. What do you think?"

Uriah hissed and and I jerked out of the way to avoid the stream of flame that shot out of his mouth. Florence squealed. "God damn it, you fucker!" I shouted.

The charmander stalked off. Czeslaw gave me a look and Isaac wrung his taloned hands. "How was I supposed to know he was violent?" I demanded.

Czeslaw rumbled. Now we're stuck with him.

I watched Uriah storm into the tall grass and I knew I had to go after him. "Why don't you talk to him?" I asked Czeslaw, exasperated. "You can communicate with him better than I can."

Czeslaw looked away and growled. It's not my job. You're the one that made the decision to take him.

"Well, screw you. You gave the okay to get him too, you know." I turned around and rolled up my sleeves. "Florence, stay here with Czes. Isaac, you're coming with me. Do you think you can handle it?"

Florence wept. Isaac gave me a thumbs-up. "Alright, come on," I said. "I'll be fine, Florence. We'll be back in a bit and hopefully with some more sense in Uriah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments, guys! I wasn't actually expecting any, haha. They keep me going.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't write yesterday, I was out of the house the whole day.