Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Spirit of the Bridge

I drifted in and out of consciousness hearing someone singing.

The sound was both sad and beautiful. The person's voice rang clear like a bell and she sang about loss and betrayal. Her song spread through my chest and pushed away the pain. Once I gathered my thoughts, I focused on it and the silence afterwards, until finally, I fully awoke.

The sensation returned in my limbs and I opened my eyes.

"I'm a pokemaniac, not a doctor!" a male's voice exclaimed. "I wouldn't know if the sutures were correct!"

"Hopefully he won't get an infection." A girl's voice. I sat up and instantly pain shot through my chest. I looked down at myself and flinched. My shirt was off and I literally looked like the unimportant side character of a slasher film who was killed just to be killed.

"Spirit?" I asked. I thought it was her voice I heard.

"Oh!" Footsteps plummeted down the hall. I was in a plain blue bedroom and the door was ajar. Spirit plunged through the doorway and I swore I'd never been happier to see someone in my life. "Beau, you're awake!"

"What happened?" I asked.

But my words cut off when she wrapped me into a hug. Butterflies exploded in my stomach; it was the softest hug I'd ever received in my life. Right then hot prickles of warmth spread throughout my body. I gingerly hugged her back.

Then she released me. "I'm so glad you're okay," she breathed.

"Me too," I said, a little dazed. "How did you find me?"

A man with brown curly hair poked his head in the room. "I was staying with my cousin Bill," she said. "I saw your pikachu and could only assume your nidoran evolved, and they guided me where I saw you with your charmeleon."

My charmeleon. "Did I pass out?"

"You were bleeding heavily." Her expression turned morose. "We called some paramedics, but they haven't been known to the be the best around here. They said you'd be fine once you woke up and to give you lots of food and drink."

I realized I was still lightheaded. "That'd be great," I said. "Where's my bag? Where's my Pokemon?"

Isaac, Florence, and Czeslaw pushed themselves around the man in the doorway. Florence was crying, big blobby tears running down her cheeks.

"Oh, hi," I said.

Florence dashed to me and leaped into my arms. I caught her and pressed her against me even though it hurt my stitches. Isaac bounded forward and squealed. Czeslaw only smiled with his eyes.

"Where's Uriah?" I asked them.

Isaac pointed out the door. Living room.

"Well, at least he's here," I said. I looked at Spirit and she looked at me with her warm blue eyes. I lost what I was going to say.

"I'll go get you some food," she said and broke the trance. I felt my face flush. "Bill, will you get him his backpack?"

"Sure thing." The young man disappeared. Spirit rose and tentatively rested her hand on my bare shoulder. I thought she was going to say something, but she didn't and vanished along with her cousin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bill kind of reminds me of Bones from Star Trek in an odd way.

I remember when I was a little kid and couldn't spell cousin. You know, still I can't spell cushion right.

Oh yeah, I'm going to be MIA for two days. I'm going to a friend's birthday party at a beach house. Sleepover yeah!