Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Invitation to Disaster?

I pulled on a fresh shirt from my backpack and ate the sandwiches and cookies Spirit gave me. She settled in a chair by the side of the bed and Florence snuggled under my arm. Czeslaw sat aside and listened to our conversations. Isaac bumbled around the room. Uriah didn't show up.

"Did you get out of Mt. Moon safely?" I asked.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't." She smiled wryly. "But yes, I did. I'm glad you did too."

"It was pretty terrifying," I admitted. "I made it here, though. And I got a new Pokemon."

"I saw. He's not too social. I saw him pacing outside."

"His name's Uriah. He's..." I debated on telling her that he was the one that attacked me. "He can be aggressive. I have to watch out for him. He's the reason why I ended up like this; he kind of started something with a wild Pokemon."

It wasn't the truth, but it wasn't exactly a lie. Spirit nodded. I smiled at her a little and she smiled back. The connection made my heart surge.

But she said, "Where are you headed next?"

I wondered if she felt the same way I did. "I've got to beat the Cerulean gym leader before I do anything," I said. "After that I'll..." I thought back to Malachi. "I think I'll go to Vermillion. I think there's a gym leader there."

She nodded again. Her cousin Bill poked his head in. "Vermillion, eh? I have something to give you then." He disappeared and reappeared in a second and walked to me with a strip of paper. I took it from him. The paper was laminated and had a pretty insignia around the words "S.S. Anne." "It's a ticket to a party," he explained. "I'm not much of a party goer, so I figured I'd ought to give it to someone who'll make use of it."

I looked at Spirit, but to my surprise, her face went completely white. "Bill," she said cautiously.

"Ah, he'll be fine, they don't serve alcoholic drinks to minors." Bill dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "I'm going to study. I'll leave you two lovebirds alone."

My face heated up and Spirit's formerly blanched cheeks flamed red. "Yeah, you get out of here, you jerk!" She threw a pillow at him. Bill dodged it and flew out the door. Under the bed, I heard Isaac giggle.

I was flustered and quickly deterred the conversation. "What's at the S.S. Anne I should be worried about?"

"It's nothing." Spirit shook her head. "It's just..."

"What?"

"I don't know what to say. I have a bad feeling. I - I, er, I heard some rumors."

I watched her face. She looked like she had really soft skin and I longed to touch it. Her eyes flickered to the floor and back to me. "What is it?" I asked softly.

"I... I heard Team Rocket might be there."

A wry grin spread across my face. She seemed startled with my expression.

"That's good then," I said.

"Why would it be?" Spirit blinked.

"Because I'm looking for them."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, young love.