Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Without Anyone

"Why would you be looking for them?" Spirit's voice jumped a pitch. "They're - they're dangerous!"

"You don't understand why I'm out here," I said. "I'm an orphan. They took my mother."

Spirit silenced.

"I - I didn't mean to say it so bluntly." My voice fell to a hushed tone. "I'm sorry. Team Rocket raided my town and kidnapped my mother. I have no other family members. I'm out here because I want to get her back."

"No, don't be sorry." Spirit looked stricken even so. "I... I always thought you were a normal Pokemon trainer. I didn't think you were traveling because of something tragic."

She turned her head away and bit her lip. Instinctively, I reached out to touch her arm, but I realized what I was doing and my face flushed. I kind of just awkwardly hovered my hand over her. "I'm fine, really," I said. "I just want my mom back."

Spirit looked up and met my gaze. Her eyes were so pained, they made my heart twist, and she slipped her hand in mine and squeezed it. "What are you planning on doing?" she whispered.

Even though I wanted to keep holding it, the moment passed, and we released hands. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"This is going to sound insane," I said quietly, "but I want to find their leader. If I can find their leader, then I can find my mom. I decided to battle gym leaders because it can help me gauge my strength and help me train. If my Pokemon are strong, we can beat anybody."

Spirit only looked at me with her sapphire eyes.

"I have nothing to lose," I said.

"You... You don't have any family? No aunts or uncles?" Tears welled in her eyes. "No friends?"

"I don't." Something churned in my stomach when I thought of my dad. "The closest relatives I have live in Johto and they're drug addicts. My father just left me before I got to know him. As for friends, my best friend is taking the League Challenge, which is another reason why I am too. My mom's the only person I have left."

Spirit turned away and wiped her eyes. "They'll kill you and-and your Pokemon." Her voice cracked. "I've seen it happen."

"I'm not afraid. I will defend my cause and my Pokemon even if it kills me."

Then I saw Uriah standing in the doorway. Our gazes locked, his chin tilted up, and I knew he'd heard everything I'd said.

"I'm not afraid." I stared into Uriah's eyes.

The charmeleon snorted and vanished out of the doorway.

"Well, Beau..." Spirit sniffed. "I'm afraid."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter yo.

Would you subscribers feel willing to give me interview questions? :) I've seen a couple nuzlockes where the readers ask the characters questions and the characters answer. I think that would be cool; I could put it in a blog or something. I just don't have that many subscribers, ha ha, I've only got seven of you lovely people.

If you feel up to it, you can message me questions for Beau and his pokemon! You can comment here or PM me. I would really love to do this and they can be anonymous if you want~ Once I get enough I'll put a link in later chapters. :D