Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Rose

The Pokemon that emerged was a female squirtle.

I called her Rose.

It was a good thing we were in the Pokemon Center because the doctors were right on checking her and told me how to care for her. Rose bore a soft shell and rough blue scales, and since she was perfectly healthy, her shell would harden in the next day. All my Pokemon, except Uriah, who was less than indifferent, were fascinated. Isaac liked to play with her and Summer would swing her around with her vines.

The doctors also absently told me something shocking.

"You've got a good team there," one of the nurses said. "You've even got a shiny bulbasaur."

I didn't know what she meant. Summer was the furthest thing from sparkling. "Shiny?"

The nurse stared at me. "You didn't know?"

"Didn't know what?"

She burst out laughing. I flushed red. "Your bulbasaur is different than other bulbasuar. It's rare to find a Pokemon of a strange color. Normal bulbasaur are dark green and have dark green bulbs."

I looked at Summer. I'd never seen a normal bulbasaur, so I didn't think anything was different. She was bright green and had a golden bulb. "Oh," I said lamely.

"She'll grow just like any other bulbasaur, so don't worry. She just looks different."

After consulting the map and talking with people in the Pokemon Center it turned out that I had to travel all the way across the fucking country to get to Celadon City, which housed the closest gym besides Saffron City. Apparently Saffron was quarantined because of Team Rocket attacks. So the only way to Celadon was to take the long-ass way to Lavender Town and take the underground road to get there. I had to go through Rock Tunnel. People have gotten lost and died in there.

"Just my fucking luck," I muttered, and the Pokemon and I set off.

We walked all the way to Cerulean City and headed east to Rock Tunnel. It took me more than a week to get there, but on the bright side, Rose evolved. None of us had expected it. She was just a baby and I'd never battled with her before - I mainly just carried her around, coddled her, and other dad things - she just watched the older Pokemon battle. She was really tiny though. She was a wartortle that was squirtle-sized. I assumed I'd get Summer to evolve before her, to say the least.

Now that she was bigger, she got into more trouble.

Isaac and her were like the dynamic duo, but Rose was more intentional. Isaac would get into trouble by accident, but Rose was sneaky and caused it. Isaac was a lot more forgiving than I was. I got tired of her pranks soon enough and gave her a lecture. Putting 100% of my attention on Rose made me feel the dad-transformation full on. Soon I was going to build my own house with my bare hands, grow a massive beard, and listen to country music.

After trekking through rocky hills and plains and beating the shit out of jerk-trainers, we finally arrived at the gaping maw of the entrance of Rock Tunnel.

I swallowed, unnerved.

"Well, there's only one way through it," I said, and I plunged into the darkness.

There were no lanterns like there were in Mt. Moon, and I didn't have a flashlight like the idiot I was. Uriah's fiery tail was the only light. "Well, shit," I said. "Uriah, do you think you can lead?"

Uriah said nothing, his tail flared, and he took a place in front with Czeslaw by his side. We followed him and Florence shivered and buried her face into my hair. It was definitely eerie. I knew from news stories and documentaries I half-watched. Rock Tunnel was not something people went vacationing to. Some crazy trainers tried to train in there but never returned. Even hikers got lost. There was no light, no path, and wild Pokemon ran rampant. Plus it was cold. After a bit in I double-layered and Florence snuggled in my jacket. I could barely see it, but I could feel my breath clouding in front of my face. I hoped the other Pokemon would be okay.

I nearly rolled my ankle three times walking in here. After a long while of trekking, I checked my watch and discovered it'd only been forty-five minutes. I felt like hours. I'm going insane, I thought.

We kept walking and Summer tripped and face-planted. Czeslaw picked her up and I checked my watch. It was still 4:43. It'd been 4:43 thirty minutes ago.

We trudged on. My legs began to ache and my eyes grew tired.

I checked my watch.

4:43.

"Fuck!"

I was in a time warp. This was why nobody returned. I began to panic and my breath came in and out in short gasps. There was something fucking paranormal about this cave and I was going to die here. Me and the Pokemon were going to die.

I checked the time.

4:43.

That was when I heard a shrill scream and I broke out into a cold sweat.

Uriah stopped and growled. Someone's here.

The scream came again and my hair stood at an end. "It's death," I said in a low voice. "It's come for us."

Czeslaw turned and stared at me like I was an imbecile. It's not a ghost because I can hear their movements. They're nearby. I think they need help.

Uriah snapped his jaws. It is none of our concern. Our concern is only to pass through this cave.

Summer chided him. She was holding onto Rose's hand to guide her. It's good service to be kind to passerbys. Wouldn't you want the same if you were in trouble?

The scream came again. "Help! Someone help!"

I recognized the voice. But I could barely move. It had to have been some kind of evil ghost, tricking me into thinking someone I loved was in danger. My heart thundered in my chest. Should I go? If I went, would that lead me into eternal damnation?

"Spirit?" I asked aloud. My voice was hoarse and hardly filled the expanse around me.

Silence. I checked the time, sweating. 4:43.

"Beau? Is that you?"

I sucked in a breath. Czeslaw looked at me. Isaac bounced up and down restlessly.

"Spirit!" I called. "I'll come and get you. Where are you?"

"I'm down here. I twisted my ankle badly and it hurts." She sounded like she was crying. "Please hurry."

I hesitated and Uriah swung his tail irritably. If I was facing a fiery hell, so be it. "Let's go," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hated Rock Tunnel. I really just hate caves in general. Also, I didn't want to write about all my Pokemon evolving at the same time, so I made an artistic change. I'm kind of anal and have to have all my Pokemon at the same level so it would be annoying to have them all evolve one after another.

My sister and I watched a bunch of gay proposal videos and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, sorry for not posting yesterday, something came up with my family. There's a good chance I won't post tomorrow since I'm having a birthday party! My sis made me slutty brownies.

And I wasn't planning on keeping the squirtle. I actually wanted a slowpoke. But once I got her and she made her squirtle noises at me, I caved. I couldn't bear to put her in my PC. So that's that.

I'm really in a dress type of mood and browsed online for dresses. Ugh. I'm dead.