Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

A Battle of Passion

I set out the next day.

The Pokemon Tower loomed in the distance behind me. Czeslaw led the way as usual. Uriah was in a piss-poor mood, more than usual, and he'd snapped at Rose and made her cry. Summer was freaked. She kind of took over the mother role with Rose and was not happy with the charmeleon.

I was done with him when he told me this:

Forget that girl. Love is only a triviality.

"Shut the fuck up," I said. "Like you control my life. I don't know what your problem is today."

We've lost a day more than we should have due to your dallying. There are more important things than the pursuit of a mate.

Suddenly Czeslaw whipped around and glared. I hadn't realized he'd been listening; he usually ignored our banter. What Beau does is none of your concern, he growled. He has dealt with our trivialities just as we have done for him.

I remembered earlier today when I pulled a thorn out of Florence's foot and untangled Rose from some brambles on the side of the road. It kind of warmed my heart to hear Czeslaw defend me.

Giving in to such destructive emotions is weakness, Uriah hissed. Humans are such dishonorable creatures that love only leads to their demise.

"Uriah, I'm sick of your attitude," I spat. "I will forcibly put you into your pokeball if you don't quit it. I'm serious. What is your problem?"

A flame exploded by my head. I dodged it before it could scorch me, but I still smelled burning hair. "Fuck!" I shouted. "That's it! You're done-"

But Czeslaw charged at him.

The nirdorino crashed into him and his spines tore at Uriah's scales. Uriah was flung backwards, but caught himself and lashed out with his tail. It smashed into the side of Czeslaw's face. He hit the dirt, hard.

Florence shrieked. "Stop!" I yelled.

But they didn't. Then, sparks flew from Czeslaw's back. I thought I was seeing things, and a lightning shock erupted from his body and smote Uriah. What the fuck was that? Had - had Czeslaw learned that from Florence?

Black streaks sizzled across Uriah's skin. "Stop!" I screamed. I dove between them. "Stop it right now!"

Czeslaw nearly lunged past me but I charged at him and tussled him to the ground. His spikes drove into me but I didn't care. Czeslaw roared. I hissed in his ear. "I know you're trying to defend your feelings about Summer as well as for me, but this is not the way to go about it."

That stopped him. Czeslaw's roar softened to a growl and he breathed heavily.

I realized Summer had restrained Uriah with her vines and Isaac had him held down.

"Fuck." I pulled myself off Czeslaw. He'd gouged me in the arm and that was bleeding now. "I didn't want this to happen. Let's settle this peacefully, okay? Let's talk this over."

Florence was crying and holding onto Rose's hand. I felt like a terrible father.

Uriah growled. Did you know there were Rockets in that cave?

That truck me dumb. "What?"

Release me and I will tell.

"Fuck you, bastard," I snarled. "Summer, Isaac, let him go."

Summer unraveled her vines and Uriah pushed Isaac off of him none too gently. Then he stalked forward to me so that we were almost nose-to-nose. I glared back, unafraid.

I dispatched two Rocket grunts in that cave, he hissed. There were more besides the,. My foul mood was caused by your dallying in the time we could've been jumped. In saving that girl, those Rockets would've been on us the next day if I had not disposed of them. He leaned in close by my ear and uttered a low rumble. You owe me.

I said nothing, stood up, gathered my things, and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
In hindsight, Beau should've just gotten rid of Uriah then. But then I would've had to catch a flying type and trained that...

Sorry for not posting. The first delay was because I had some serious family problems and the other week was that I was at my grandma's and didn't have my notebook with me.

I've been so stressed. But hopeful my efforts will bloom into fruition and next year I will go to Japan!