Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Fighting in Fire

My father stared at me long and hard. This gave me a chance to accept reality. This man had my facial structure. He was the one that gave me my Italian side; my mother was Japanese. Malachi glanced at me and he knew too. He reached down and squeezed my hand.

I couldn't feel it. Malachi let it go and my father rose. "Beau," he stated. "It's been sixteen years."

"Dad," I whispered.

Uriah stepped forward and let out a massive roar. Czeslaw joined in, his beastly roar mixing in, and the rest of my Pokemon strode forward and shouted. A shudder racked through my body and Uriah spat flames. Dishonorable scum! he roared.

"You've become a trainer like me," my father said through the noise. "Like father, like son, I suppose."

"I'm not a trainer," I said in a hushed voice.

"I don't know whether to me proud or not," he continued and smiled. "This wasn't the way I wanted to meet you."

Something snapped within me. "I WANT MY MOTHER BACK!" I screamed. My Pokemon's roars grew louder. "YOU KIDNAPPED HER! GIVE HER BACK!"

He threw back his head and laughed. "I'm afraid I can't do that." His voice cracked maniacally. "You've invaded my base, and now my only choice is to crush you!"

---

My father's first Pokemon was an onix.

It came hurtling into the room and crushed tables and bookshelves. Uriah launched himself forward and breathed a jet of flame. The onix screeched in pain and the room stank of melting rock. "Rock throw!" my father yelled.

The onix smashed its tail through the ceiling and debris rained down. Uriah dodged it with ease and Malachi yanked me out of the way before a chunk of plaster could hit me. We crashed onto the floor together. It was like my body was numb though. I couldn't breathe.

And Uriah let loose the hellfire.

Flames surged from his mouth and enveloped the onix like it was a torch. Fire leaped onto what was left of the ceiling and ate the walls. The onix let out a grating moan and black smoke belched from its body. My father had no choice but to return it. The next he sent out was a rhyhorn.

Summer pulled Uriah out of the way and lashed at the beats with her vine. She knocked it out instantly and I realized the room was collapsing. Malachi yelled something but I couldn't hear him. All I knew was that he was pulling me to my feet.

The next my father sent out was a persian.

It was fast. Summer launched spores and powder at is as it struck her and seeds grappled along its fur. The flames around us roared and the persian struck again. Blood pooled down Summer's face, but she slapped at it with her vine and slammed it down. That seemed to take all her strength. "Summer!" I screamed.

With one last blow to the face, Summer knocked it out.

The room crumbled. I returned my Pokemon to their pokeballs and stood in awe and terror. My father bellowed in anger. "There is no way! There is no way this could happen!" he screamed. "I will find you again, my son! I will find you - and crush you!"

And then it seemed like he vanished within the flames themselves.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a lot of things has happened. I mostly finished college. I'm on my last finals, one tomorrow, one Friday. I also broke up with my boyfriend and I've been depressed over that. I have been so stressed I've been hurting a lot, and I'm sorry I haven't been posting.

I'll continue to post; at one point in life this story will be finished, haha. Writing makes me feel better. Maybe I'll post another tonight to make up for this. Maybe.