Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Forgiven Beau

AS soon as we were safe I lowered myself from Summer's back and checked on Isaac.

He was sweating and his eyes were wide enough they showed the whites of them. A free branch was sunk in his belly and blood oozed around the edges. Foolish Pokemon, Uriah growled, to tread upon a beast's lair.

"Uriah, this is not the fucking time," I said. "Isaac, are you okay? How did this happen?"

I... accidentally woke it up... Isaac's breathing was labored. I thought it was a hill... It... It threw me... into a tree...

"Shit, we need to get that out of you." My palms sweated. There were no Pokemon Center's nearby; we might as well have been on the moon. "Fucking shit, Summer, can you...?"

Czeslaw rested Isaac on the path and he whimpered in pain. Summer rustled her flower. She was as big as Czeslaw now, with trunk-like legs and a massive opened bulb. A sweet scent emitted from her and my pulse slowed down. Pull the stick out quick and wash the wound, she instructed. I will gather herbs on the road.

I nodded. I was thankful for the aroma because I swore I was going to faint. "Czes, hold onto Isaac for a moment. Isaac, I'm going to pull that out of you."

Czeslaw laid his huge paws onto Isaac and Florence wept. I closed my hands around the stick. Summer hurried away. My heart started to pound despite the sweet scent. "Okay, here we go. One, two, three!"

I yanked the branch out and Isaac let out the most horrible scream I had ever heard. Blood gushed from the wound. "Fuck!" I threw the stick away as if it were diseased. "Rose, I need you. Isaac, it's okay. Don't worry, it's okay. I know you don't like water, but we need to clean the wound. Come here, Rose, don't be afraid."

Rose stepped forward and I held her scaly hand. Tears seeped out of Isaac's eyes. "Squirt him gently, right there," I coaxed. Rose pursed her mouth and rinsed him with water. Czeslaw held him down as he writhed and squealed in distress. Rose squeezed my hand hard. "That's good there. Good job, Rose." I let her hand go briefly and got out my backpack. "Okay, I have bandages here. You're going to be okay now. Just hold on a moment."

Florence went over and stroked his head.

Why... Why did you change your mind? Isaac whispered. His burble was nearly inaudible.

"I made a mistake," I said. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but it made it worse. I pulled out some gauze and tape. "I... I was wrong. I shouldn't have treated you like that and I'm so sorry. I... I didn't know the truth."

I forgive you. Tears ran down my cheeks and I pressed the gauze onto his wound. In seconds it was drenched in blood. I've forgiven you, Beau.

I tried more bandages. "I don't deserve it. And I'm really sorry. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I was an awful person to you." His blood stained my fingers. "I have to make this up to you somehow."

There's no need. Isaac's voice was barely a breath. His taloned hand shifted toward me and his palm turned over like an offering. Previously, it had been pressed to his chest. Inside his paw was a cracked pokeball.

I let out a sob. "Thank you." I took it from him and hooked it to my belt. "Thank you. You're going to be alright, okay? Look, you're bleeding's already stopping," I lied.

Isaac exhaled and closed his eyes. I taped on the gauze and Florence petted him comfortingly. I shook badly. "Okay, let's keep moving. We'll meet up with Summer and we can get you to a Pokemon Center. Just hang on for a bit. We'll be fine."

Thank you, Isaac whispered.

I could only hope we'd make it in time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I work from Tuesday to Saturday. My update days will be Sunday and Monday, and maybe Saturday like today.

The road to Fuchsia was practically death for me always. There's so many trainers on that road.

There's a guy at work named Uriah so all of the sudden it's weird for me. I feel like I have a connection with him even though I've never talked to him. I'm a databaser, so I know his stats though.