Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

A Battle Between Father and Son

They untied me, unlocked Florence, and gave me the rest of my Pokemon. Florence licked my face and tried to clean it. It didn't work very well.

Then Spirit and her brother led me to Giovanni's room.

The walls were whitewashed with a fan hanging precariously from the ceiling, looking ready to fall off at any moment. A grey-haired man was tied up in a corner with his hands and feet bound. A gag was in his mouth so he couldn't speak, but he made choked noises at me when I walked in. Giovanni sat behind a redwood desk wearing a sinfully black suit. He greeted us warmly. "I must commend you for making it this far. That was quite and entrance, Beau."

"Where's my mom," I asked levelly.

His smile turned sour like he'd swigged a glass of spoiled milk. Spirit and her brother returned to the door and let me stand there alone. "Banshee, Poltergeist, you may be excused," Giovanni said. "Let me have time with my son alone."

The tied-up man's eyes widened. "Yes, sir," the siblings said at he same time, and I heard the door open and close behind me. I stared at my father hard.

"Now you've been giving me some trouble," he said. "Quite the trouble. I can't have that, can I?"

"Where's my mom," I repeated.

"I'm going to have to get rid of you if you keep being destructive. I won't like that. You won't like that either."

"Where's my mother!" I screamed.

Giovanni silenced.

I seethed and quaked in rage. The man in the corner was bug-eyed. "I want my mom back," I said. "That's what I'm here for, you piece of shit. That's why I've been 'meddling' all this time. Maybe if you weren't such a heartless freak I might not have to do this."

Giovanni's face was still plastered into the twisted smile. "I'm afraid I can't let you have her. Now I believe that means I'm going to have to eliminate you, hm?"

Then he sent out a Pokemon.

A nidorino came charging out of the light. In that split second I realized he wasn't going to wait for me to send out a Pokemon and I dove over a desk. The beast crashed into the wall behind me. Something burst from one of my pokeballs and just kept growing. I scrambled to my feet just to see the nidorino, already unconscious, in a pool of water.

It was Rose. And she was a blastoise.

A small blastoise, but a blastoise indeed. She gave me a cheesy thumbs-up and I realized she'd never battled before then. I gave her a thumbs-up back behind my barricade. Then my father sent out another Pokemon.

A persian came yowling out of its pokeball and came straight at Rose when she wasn't looking. In another eruption of light Czeslaw slammed the persian against the wall and knocked it out. The cat flopped limp onto the floor and my father's face went white. Then he took out two pokeballs.

He threw them at the same time. This time my face blanched, but Czeslaw knew what to do. A rhyhorn burst out first and Czeslaw blasted it with a frigid beam. Frost riddled up its body and immobilized it like an ice sculpture. When the second materialized, Czeslaw did something strange. In fact, Giovanni's Pokemon did something strange as well.

A blueish horned Pokemon strode forward. It had the same build as Czeslaw, with leathery skin and a hard-plated belly, actually, it looked like a female version of Czeslaw. This Pokemon carried an air of authority about her and held her head high. Czeslaw's eyes narrowed in amusement, but just a little. Then I realized it. Czeslaw was a king. She was a queen.

Czeslaw dipped into a bow, and the nidoqueen did the same. She smiled and it bared all her sharp teeth. Let this be a righteous battle, my king she purred.

Indeed, my queen, Czeslaw growled.

Then she charged at him.

Czeslaw shot an ice beam at her but she tore through it and crashed into him. Czeslaw smashed his tail into the ground to support himself, grasped her arms, and threw her. But her tail snapped around and struck him. It cracked one of his chest plates and he crushed a desk with his fall. The queen rose and came at him again. Czeslaw was ready though. He flung himself up and sideswiped her with his tail. The blow collided with her knee and tripped her, and in one swift motion, it was over.

Czeslaw stood over her with his taloned hand at her throat.

I submit defeat, she rumbled.

Czeslaw released her.

Giovanni was livid. "No! NO! This cannot be! I can't lose to a mere boy!"

"Not just a boy, your son!" I spat. "Give my mother back!"

He didn't move from his place, but whipped out a small device from his back pocket. He flipped a switch on it and slapped his hand on the intercom button. "Attention. This is Giovanni speaking. Abandon the mission. I repeat, abandon the mission and evacuate the building."

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

He didn't respond. I realized what a sick, twisted, fuck he was when all he did was smile at me.

Then there was an explosion of smoke and my father and his Pokemon were gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wrote the longest gym battle of my life. Not this story, but the sequel. Geez, Morty's gym, like for real. I love creepy things so I just went over the top with this one. Writing gym battles is my least favorite thing anyway.

I spent a lot of time imagining what nidoran tribes would be like. They're all about loyalty and strength, and all of them hope to someday be so powerful. The problem is losing their fertility when they evolve. But for many, like Czeslaw, choose to give that up to be powerful.