Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

Sabrina

I had a meltdown for about an hour before I pulled it together. Spirit and my Pokemon comforted me and I spilled everything to her. I realized something then. I'd fucking used Malachi. I wasn't planning on kissing him that night in Lavender and I wasn't planning on having sex with him. I'd only done it because I was hurt and betrayed. I'd ruined him. He loved me and I broke his heart.

Spirit listened attentively and I sobbed in her arms. I was expecting her to shove me away, disgusted, but she didn't. She wasn't even angry I did this after we'd kissed. "I'd - I'd never wanted this to happen," I wept. "It wasn't my intention to mess things up between him and I. I want our friendship back. And I'm so sorry, Spirit. I betrayed you just as I did him."

She stroked my hair. "You may not forgive yourself, but I forgive you. I believe you can fix your friendship."

I just blubbered some more.

I let Spirit borrow one of my shirts to hide the Team Rocket logo on hers and we went back to Saffron. We avoided the press; they were like flies surrounding a carcass. The Silph Corporation was dead. Spirit and I went to a hairdresser and she cut off all her hair, all her Rapunzel locks, and dyed what was left of it black. The color looked good on her, but it was hard to get used to. Since I was there, I got my hair cut too, but not for the same reason as her. Mine was just getting too long and unruly.

When we left and planned on where to go next, we were approached by someone.

"Beau. Spirit."

I flinched, and Spirit was the only one calm. She turned on the park bench we were sitting at and addressed the person speaking. I looked as well, my heart pumping in my ears. This girl looked like a wraith in broad daylight. She was about thirteen years old with long black hair and swathed in a just as long black dress. Her pale arm clutched a raggedy doll with black smudges for eyes. Spirit addressed her, "Yes?"

With her other arm, she produced a yellow button and held it out. It was to me, not Spirit, and for a second I wasn't sure what to do. I hesitated. The girl's black eyes gazed right through me.

"It's the Marsh Badge," she said. Her voice was low. "Take it. You need it."

I didn't lift my hand. "Excuse me? Who are you?"

"I am Sabrina, leader of Saffron City."

I didn't believe her; she was way too young to be a gym leader. Spirit took the Marsh Badge for me and looked it over. It looked like any other badge. Sabrina's eyes glinted, and her colorless lips turned up into a smile. "I foresaw your arrival. Before you go after Giovanni, you must have the badge from this town. It will behoove you in the future."

An icy feeling crept over my skin like frost. I latched onto Spirit's arm. "C'mon, let's go," I told her. "We need to get out of here."

Spirit looked at me sharply. She didn't realize what the problem was.

"C'mon," I insisted. I wasn't going to stay here with a creepy-ass little girl from a horror movie any longer. Begrudgingly, she got off the bench with me. "I'm sorry," I said to Sabrina. "We need to leave right now."

"I know. You need to find your mother."

My blood moved like ice and I hauled Spirit and I outta there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know technically Sabrina is 21, but I made an artistic change. Sorry for the late post, I'll make another one tomorrow.