Status: Updating on Sundays and Mondays

Uncontained

A Mother's Love

When all was said and done, my dad vanished off the face of the earth, Soul retrieved my mother for me, and we were finally reunited.

She just about flipped when she saw my finger, or rather, lack of one, and marched me straight to the hospital. I cried tears of joy for her stubbornness and Spirit and Malachi took my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center. When my hand got stitched my mom finally broke her facade and cried with me. I was loopy from painkillers, but I just wrapped her in a hug. We held each other for a long while.

"You looked for me the entire time?" she whispered.

I sniffled. "Yeah. I couldn't let them take you. What did they do to you?"

She was somber. "A lot of terrible things. I'm glad I'm here with you."

We walked hand-in-hand back to the Pokemon Center and found my Pokemon waiting outside with Malachi and Spirit. The Pokemon literally ran up to greet my mom and she started crying all over again. Even Uriah and Czeslaw approached her warmly. Czeslaw had a smile on his bandaged, bruised face, and Uriah just gave a satisfied snort. I thought I caught him smiling when we weren't looking at him, though. "Are these your Pokemon?" Mom breathed. "They're all so beautiful and strong."

"They are," Malachi said for me, and he and Spirit gave my mom a huge hug.

We traveled back to Pallet Town later. I realized I left the house in shambles, like it was when Mom was kidnapped, and my mom's OCD kicked into overdrive. She, my Pokemon, Malachi, Spirit and I cleaned up the house in a jiffy. My mom also baked a huge cake and almost set it on fire in the attempt. All our neighbors came over and we were all hugged about fifty times. Malachi and I talked, too. It was bad, but it went better than expected.

"You're mad," I said. "At me."

"I'm not mad at you."

"Yes you are. You get all silent like that when you're mad at me."

Malachi ran his fingers through his hair. We sat on the back porch and the night sky swam above us like a black river. The moon glittered in the center like a marble. I waited or Malachi to say something, but he didn't. The silence was heavy. "I've known you too long for you to lie to me," I said quietly.

"Okay." He sighed. "I'm mad at you. But I understand. I had a feeling at that time at Lavender Town you had something going on with Spirit. I didn't know what exactly it was, but I left to clear my head after all the events anyway. Everything made sense after what happened at Silph when you held her in your arms. I was hurt. I was really hurt. But I understand."

"I was a huge fucking asshole," I said. "I an't tell you how sorry I am. I used you. I never wanted this to happen and I'm so sorry. I still... I still want you as my best friend."

"I still am your best friend." My heart skipped a beat. "But I don't want to pretend like nothing ever happened between us." He looked at me with his soulful dark eyes, and they were filled with pain. "I forgive you. Through this shit we went though together we'll have a stronger friendship, right? Besides, Spirit is a really nice girl."

My heart pounded suddenly. "You talked to her?"

"Of course I did, idiot." He grinned. "Talking to her actually made me feel better. She helped me understand." Then his smile faded to something softer. He tugged the sharpedo fan necklace over his head and pressed it into my palm. "I want you to take this," he said. "But only on one condition."

"I can't take this," I protested. "What have I done to possible earn this?"

"You haven't learned anything, yet," he said. "Think of it as a good luck token."

"For what?"

Malachi gazed resolutely into my eyes. "Beau, I want you to fight the Elite Four with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
End.

This is really it. I figured that the story ended when Beau got his mom back, not when he beat the Elite Four. Battling gym leaders was Beau's secondary goal and was really driven by his rivalry with Malachi, so it wasn't too necessary. I hoped you all enjoyed this as much as I did. I learned a lot.

Honestly, I think I got a better relationship with the games and my pokemon by doing this. Stepping into Beau's shoes allowed me to see the game through a different gaze. Growing up, I always imagined secondary storylines as I played Pokemon, so really, the one way I could keep these memories permanent was to write them down. It was hard and I had to fight my laziness at the end, but it was worth it. This what, took a year for me to get out?

Next, the sequel will be about a girl named Astrid in the land of Johto. I haven't finished writing it yet, so expect a few months. I think you'll enjoy her story just as much as Beau's. :)