Disrupted Alliance

Perspectives.

Ammy and Abou are taking us to the circus today, but for one hour only. Zain and I are going to go see the wavy mirrors that make us look fat and super skinny and that turn us upside down.

We have to go fast because Ammy has to sew new suits for people's weddings and then they pay her.

"Come on, the house of mirrors is this way!" My older brother Zain calls.

"Wait, wait! I dropped my tickets." I glance down to the red tickets spinning out of my clenched hands.

Zain rushes back and snaps the tickets up in one hand and grabs me.

We run towards the house of mirrors.

We spend so long in the mirrors place that we only had ten minutes left for everything else. Zain checked his watch. It has digital numbers so we know exactly how long we have.

"Zain you look fat in the skinny mirrors and the fat mirrors!" I say.

"No Fatty! You looked normal in the fat mirrors."

Zain and I run towards the ring toss game. That's why we got so many tickets. We want to win a big prize. Bigger than a pillow so we can use it instead. That would be softer because it's made out of cotton stuffing.

A skinny man with a fat hat on his head waves at us and gives us rings for our tickets. Zain throws best so he has to use all of them.

A ring hits a bottle and soars over my head to hit the ground near a man's foot. The man picks up the ring and hands it to me.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome." The man has a beard and his wife wears hijab. When I'm bigger I'm going to wear hijab too. Right now I'm in grade three. Ammy said in grade four I will wear it because I kept forgetting in grade three so far.

Their little daughter has curly hair and she is running away from them. The man with the beard is chasing her and the woman is laughing.

"I win!" Zain yells throwing his hands in the air.

"You sir are our new champion. Here is your prize." The skinny man gives Zain a huge pikachu stuffed toy. It looks cool.

"Wow Zain! It's huge!" I say.

Zain puts the pikachu in my arms.

"Here Fatima, it's for you." He says smiling.

"Really? Thanks Zain! I'll let you play with it too I promise." I squeeze my face into the pikachu.

This is the best day ever!
♠ ♠ ♠
THOUGHTS?