Disrupted Alliance

Who is He?

"Are you sure this is the right house?" Suraiya stares up at the house and feels unsure. The street names are different and further away from this house than her highschool was.

"Your family moved here while you were in university so it would be easier to travel for you. Let's go inside and you can talk to everyone, I already woke them up."

"You woke them up?"

"It's okay Suraiya, we always wake each other up for fajr (the dawn prayer)." Zakir smiles, wipes a hand over his beard and rings the doorbell.

Suraiya stares at her mother after she opens the door.

"Ammy? You've lost so much weight, what happened? Are you okay?" Suraiyah says holding her mother's hand.

"I went on weight watchers remember?" Her mother grins and places a hand on her slim waist.

"Ammy she doesn't remember, she doesn't remember moving here either." Zakir says and Suraiya stares as he addresses her mother as his own.

Her mother takes her hands and pulls her inside to the spacious foyer. Furnished with marble and leather couches and deep red wood the home is the epitome of new. Suriaya is placed on a couch and her mother holds her to her heart in a hug.

"Suraiya, I'm so glad you remember me. So happy you didn't forget your Ammy Jan."

"Ammy I would never forget you. Um...by the way, I have to ask, Ammy, is Zakir really my husband?" Suraiya whispers.

"Yes, and this lovely Sofia is your daughter. You know, we fought a lot about who got to name her. In the end you won because Sofia means wisdom. Such a wise decision." The mother and daughter laugh lightly and Zakir places prayer mats in the empty foyer.

Zain rushes down the stairs with his arms slick with water and squishes Suraiya into a hug.

"Tell me you brought her! Where's the baby?" Zain's arms hold around Suraiya and her eyes widen.

"Who is this? Please let go, I'm not your mahram(family member)!" Suraiya says.

Zain let's go and comes around the couch to look at Suraiya.

"Fatty, it's me, Your big brother!"

Suraiya stares at the tall muscular figure in front of her, the fist-length beard and the shaved mustache. His pants rolled up at the ankles ready for prayer and a familiar grin that no longer appeared as mischievous.

"Zain? You're so different. When did you get so... so pious!?" Suraiya stands to stare up at her little brother.

"Oh, why, JazakAllah Khair my dear sister." Zain says and Suraiya smiles.

Suraiya's father comes downstairs and hugs her. He rests his head on Suraiya's head.

"Abou, you lost weight too. I can put my arms all the way around you now."

"Oh my daughter in this last third of the night we will pray for your memory and that we build more love in our hearts for Almighty Allah for giving us memories and taking care of us. He is the Owner of the Cure and we can pray to Him. Don't worry my daughter we will pray for you. May Allah give you shifa (healing)." Suraiya's father says.

"Ameen." Everyone says together.

The family members who need to wudu do so and Zakir does the Azan and leads the fajr prayer.

After the prayer they all lift their hands to pray for Jannatal Firdous (The Highest level of Heaven) and the restoration of Suraiya's memory to the same or better than before.

Sofia cries and Suraiya lifts her up.

"Moto, you always cry when I'm making dua." Suraiya laughs and Zakir glances and catches everyone's eye.

Zain snatches Sofia.

"You always get her, I'll get her cereal! Come on baby Mamo Zain will feed yummy nummy cereal."

Sofia pulls Zain's beard as he walks to the kitchen and she laughs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Azan (The Call to prayer): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIoqb5MO12U