Romance Is Dead

Chapter 11

I followed him up the stairs. What? I wasn’t going to stay downstairs by myself. “So, you do sleep”, I say as we enter his room. “No shit, I’m not a vampire.” “Yeah, I’m pretty sure of that.” He sets his knife and the bottle on his nightstand. I sat on his bed crisscrossing my legs. He didn’t look like he mind. “How can you be so comfortable around me? I would hope you would be on edge with a killer like me around.” “I really don’t know, trust me I’m really wondering myself”, I laid on my back, legs still crossed, staring blankly at the ceiling. I don’t want to speak to him about the dreams that I’ve been having about him. It would be weird to tell anyone that you keep dreaming of them.

"What are you thinking about.” “Oh, nothing, nothing at all.” he narrowed his eyes at me, “You’re lying, something going on in your head that your not telling me.” “Well, I didn’t know that we was that close enough to tell each other things, but you did read my journal.” “Your still mad at me about that? I thought you would of gotten over that already.” Is he serious, that’s almost my whole life in that book. “It was personal.” “You’ve read about me?” he grab the bottle before sitting right next to me. “That’s because its openly public on the internet”, he took a swig of it and handed it to me. “I wish it wasn’t.” I don’t know why I feel this way, but I just feel bad. Its it bad that I feel this way about a killer? Even though he killed lots of people? I couldn’t help but to hug him. I can tell it took him by surprise. He kind of paused before hugging me back.

After a while the bottle was half way gone and I was getting a little nervous about how he would act intoxicated, I just gabbed it from him. “Um, do you think someone like you should be drinking like that, I really don’t want to know what will happen after you finish this off.” He laughs at me like I was talking nonsense. “I’ll be fine, the real problem is, should you be”, he was trying to grab it back from me. “No, I think we’ve had enough tonight.” “And who are you to tell me what to do?” “I’m a caring friend.” He kept reaching over me, “Don’t make me do something I’ll probably regret.” “Regret? Like what?” He quickly grabs my face and kisses me. Its caught me of guard. But I didn’t pull away. He slowly grabbed the item was in my hand and just dropped it on the ground. Not caring if it shattered or not. During this whole time, most of my thoughts went away. Like this was supposed to happen. We went on for 1 minutes maybe more.

We finally pulled away and I was still shocked about what just happened moments ago. “Autumn… I- I um”, he sighs, “Sorry.” I don’t think he should be sorry, I actually liked it. “Don’t be sorry”, I whispered to him. He ran is hands through my hair and we continued kissing, but it became not just a regular kiss.

What’s wrong with me, I’m making out with a killer. What kind of person does this make me? Why did I say that to him? Maybe its just the alcohol that’s controlling my actions and words. I think.

*Door opens*. “Holy shit! What’s going on in here!?” Jeff and I parted as quick as possible as the guy with a green shirt and beanie walks in the room. I don’t know why but felt really alarmed, like my heart was beating out of my chest. “Who’s this?” “this is my best friend, Ben, which really don’t know how to fucking knock.” I took another glace at the guy, he look familiar. “he looks like freaking Link from Zelda”, I whisper to Jeff. “That’s because this idiot is.” “Hey, I’m still standing here”, he walks up to me and grabs my hand and kisses it, “Hello, what’s your name?”, he winks at me. I can see Jeff eye Ben like he wanted to punch him. “Autumn and dude you reek of weed.” “Yeah sorry about that, you smoke?” “No, not anymore.” Jeff clears his throat, “I think its time for you to go, it’s supper late.” “Oh yeah, thanks, nice to meet you Ben.” “Nice to meet you, too.”

Jeff walked me to his door, “You want me to walk you to your house?” “Jeff, I only live next door.” “I don’t mind”, he escorts me out the door.

Jeff’s POV

I had to get Autumn away from Ben quickly. He’s to much of a charmer, even though he is my best friend. Man, he had to interrupt us. What an ass.

“Jeff, are you ok?”, she had an concerned expression on her face. “Yeah, I’m fine just thinking.” “O-k, well, I’ll see you sometimes, I guess,” she goes to open her door. “Yeah, try not to get yourself killed.” “Oh I’ll try.” She goes in her house and I’m still standing her look like an idiot. At those moments I realized that I really like this girls, this human. I wonder if she likes me back. What am I saying, I sound like an helpless teenage boy. I can’t likes someone, I’m a monster. I’ll just end up hurting her or maybe killing her. I went back in the house and see Ben still sitting on my couch. “That girls hot, I’m surprised that she’s not dead yet,” he looked at me suspiciously. “I know right,” I chuckled nervously. “What’s up with you, your acting weird.” “I yah- I just haven’t killed all day.” “Well, why didn’t you say something! I already have my victim picked out,” he says wickedly rubbing his hands together. “Sure, I’ll come along.” We leave the house ready to shed some blood.