Romance Is Dead

Chapter 5

My heart was beating so fast you can practically see it through my shirt. I rushed to my dresser and got out a pocket knife an old boyfriend as given me. I heard loud footsteps coming towards my room. I just stood there looking at the door ,with the knife ready, in my hand. I’m not going to lie, I was scared, but I’m not going to give this person the satisfaction.

*Bam!* My door swing open reviling this man. He smirks at me, “Its nice seeing you again,” he says as he chuckles and takes a step closer. “I don’t know you! Why the hell are you in my house?! Who are you?” I couldn’t really see his face. He was wearing black pants, an white hoodie that was covered in fresh blood it looks like, and his face was covered by black, burnt, greasy hair. But that smile, that carved smile, I couldn’t believe my eyes. “I came to finish what I started.” Oh shit. You got to be kidding me, is this the same guy from the other night? He walked a little closer to me, the next thing you know my back is against the wall. I’m so fucked. I gripped the knife behind my back, ready to strike and I can tell he was ready also. He jumped at me with his knife aiming to my throat. I dodged his attack and swung my knife at him. I didn’t stab him but I manage to slice him on his shoulder and he stumbled back. He looked a little shock at my attempt to strike him. I was a little shocked myself. He launched at me, knocking my only weapon out of my hand, and throw me on the ground. He jumped on top of me with his knife to my throat, pressing down. I flinch at the feeling. “Now Go. To. Sleep.” I wiggled and struggled to get out from his hold, when I finally did, I did the same thing he did to me. Holding his hands down, “No! who the hell do you think you are?” his hood on his jacket slips off, those eyes, that smile. He- he looked not as bad as what they make him seem. He looked at me confused. I heard the front door open, “Oh my god! What happened to the window! Autumn! Are you ok?!” He pushed me off, and jumped out my window. Before he walked of, he looked at me and smirked, “It was nice meeting you… Neighbor.” Ew! Who do he think he is? “Mom! I’m in here, I’m fine.” “O god, are you ok?” She helps me off the floor. “Yeah I’m fine.” “I’m calling the police, I can’t believe someone broke into the house, we only been here for two days. Maybe moving was a mistake.” Alice and Jamie runs in with worry in their eyes. “What happened?” Jamie asks. “it was just an intruder, we’ll be ok.”

My mom called the police and they came as quick as they could. There was two cop cars and a few cops. They asked me questions, “What do this intruder look like, ma’am?” “Um… He- he…” I hesitated, having the look of they the guy clearly in my head. They’re was something I saw in his eyes like, I felt bad for him? “He was wearing… *sigh* all black,” I can’t believe I just lied for this asshole and I even hide the knife I had with his blood on it. I don’t even know him! “Well, do you know what he looked like?” ”Uh… No, I couldn’t see his face, it was covered.” I looked at the house next to use, I saw lights on. Him, that guy, he was looking at me through the same window. “Excuse me ma’am , are you ok?” I didn’t realize I was sitting her looking at him, spaced out. “O yeah, sorry.” “We will try our best to find this man.” Ha, its funny, they don’t know that man is right under they’re nose. “Ok, thanks.” I went back in the house after the cops left, I’m glad that over.

I quickly took a shower and put some clothes on. I walked out of my bathroom, then and hand covered my mouth. “Sshh, I’m not going to hurt you this time,” he whispers in my ear. He let go, “what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you still here? Is this what you do, sneak in girls room at night?” I snarled at him. “Calm down, your lucky I’m letting you live.” “and why its that?” My anger just builds up. “you ask a lot of questions.” “Well you broke my living room window, I deserve an answer,” I move closer to him. “You didn’t rat me out to the cops, you’re a smart girl. Now, I want to know why?” “I don’t know, I just didn’t.” I walk to my bed and plopped down on it, folding my arms. “So… I’m thinking that my face doesn’t bother you? Usually people try to get away from as fast as possible.” “I really thought you would look as bad as they made you on the internet, and I’m assuming your name is Jeff.” she raises his brow at me, “So you looked me up.” “ I wasn’t really going to, a friend told me about you and your house.” He chuckles, “So already making friends I see.” “Kinda, I just helped the girl from getting bullies by these idiots, it was no big deal.” “Autumn!! You ok in there!”, My mom yells. “Yeah, I’m good!” ”Autumn, that’s a nice name,” he moves closer to the window, “I guess I’ll see you around, Autumn.” “Don’t count on it,” i says, he just smirks at me. I really want to punch him. After he left, I went to my window and made sure it was locked tight. I don’t want the idiot sneaking in my room again. Who in the world does stuff like that? Well, obviously an psycho killer like Jeff. I hope he don’t think this makes us friends.