Romance Is Dead

Chapter 7

*Autumn’s Dream that Night*

She wakes up in some unusual dark wood, “Where am I? How I get here?” She sees something move very quickly in the corner of eye. “Hey! Is anyone out here?” “Yeah, just me and you Autumn”, she jumped at the sound of a voice. “Jeff? What are you doing?” “Doing what I’ve should of already done”, he started walking towards her and pulled out his blade. “No, Jeff why are you doing this?”, He didn’t say anything back just kept walking. She finally came to her senses and ran! She ran as fast as he could, but it felt like he was faster. “Autumn! Don’t fucking fight it! Your not going to get away.” She was running to long, her legs started to feel like jello. She tripped over a rock and sprain her ankle. There was no way she was going to get away from him now, she was done for. Jeff laughs, “Aawwww, did Autumn brake something? How cliché of you to trip over a rock, this is kind of like a horror film, isn’t it?” “Get away from me you MONSTER!” he walks toward her and squat down to her level, “Its not the first time I heard that word sweetie, Now…”, he restrained her arms and raised the blade over her chest, “Go to sleep.” “Jeff ! No!”

“No!”, I jumped out of my sleep, breathing heavily and sweat upon my face and body. That’s a dream I don’t ever want to see again. It felt so real, like I felt everything from the breeze of the woods to the sprain on my ankle. I picked my phone up from my night stand to look at the time. It was only 3:00 in the morning. I don’t have to get up ‘til 7:00. Ugh!

I haven’t had a nightmare in years, I never had a nightmare that felt so real in my life. But you know what scared me the most, Jeff actually tried to kill me. Not that I don’t think he wouldn’t kill me, of course I think he want s to kill me. Its just… something’s not right.

I just sat up in my bed with my knees to my chest.

When I called him a Monster, he kind of looked hurt when I said it. Like I said, something’s not right. I feel like something good and bad is coming

I tried my hardest to fall asleep, just ignoring it all. Trying to get disgusting Jeff out of my thoughts. Dudes creeping me out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a little bit of rest. Still had chills down my spine from this early morning. I want to talk about it with someone, like Sophie, but if I tell her she would freak and think I’m crazy.

Whelp. Time to get ready for another day of school. Good thing that its Friday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Sophie decided to have lunch out of school, so we went for “Jack in the Box”. There wasn’t really much people in there, surprisingly. We sat in the corner of the fast food restaurant after ordering our food. “So…”, I say staring at my receipt, “I, um have something important to tell you. I’m just really nervous because I really don’t want you to freak out.” “Ok, tell me, I’m all ears”, you can tell she really wants me to spit it out. “I met someone two nights ago.” “Omg! Who? Is he cute? Does he go to our school?” Oh she will be surprised, “well not-” “24 and 25 your orders ready!” -_-. “I’ll get it”, she gets up and gets both of our meals.

She handed me my food first before sitting down. “So like I was saying… he’s different and you probably know him, well not personally.” “God Autumn spit it out already”, she says impatiently. “Um he’s- its …”,I whispered his name, “Jeff.” “Holy shit!” she yelled out loud, I can tell some people were eyeing us. “lower your voice, ok? We don’t want the attention on us.” “Well what the hell do you want me to say, your talking to an murder Autumn, He can freakin’ kill you.” I just rolled my eyes, she really didn’t let me finish. “shush ok? Let me explain.” “Fine tell me”, she folds her arms like she was so disappointed in me. “Ok… That night, he broke into my house, I fought him off and… I kind of lied t o the cops.” “You what?! Are you crazy?!”, yep, I knew she would think I was crazy. “Well he promise not to hurt me after I lie to the cop about who broke in. He’s not as bad as you think, except the killing part… that is bad”, I say chuckling. “that’s not funny Autumn, you can get hurt. We all know what he’s capable of.” “I’m aware of that Sophie, just don’t tell anyone else, this is between me and you.” She look so scared, lie I was going to bring her down with me if he did something. “Of course I won’t tell anyone, he might come after me.” “Good”, I just smiled at her.

It was the end of the school day and I can’t take my mind of off what I told Sophie. If Jeff new that she knows he exist, he would slaughter her.

I finally got home, feeling worn out. I got to my room and just instantly plopped down on my bed face first. Me Gusta. That just feels good. “Some one looks tired.” “Ha you have no- Wait… what the hell are you doing in my room?!”, I instantly got up. Seriously, this guy startled the shit out of me. “Just chilling in your room, reading this really interesting book. Who’s Samantha?”, he chuckles at me. “Hey! Where the hell did you find that? Give it back!” How did he find my diary? And how much did he read? “Wow, you have been a really naughty girl.” “Please just give it to me”, I just can’t take anymore of this. “So… your little boy frie-””Ex”, I corrected him. “Your ex took the wrap for you when you accidentally shot a man… he went to jail for you?” “I don’t want to talk about it”, I growled at him. I really don’t want to talk about that, but since its already out I might as well just say it. Yes, I killed a guy and yes my ex took the blame for it. But it wasn’t my fault, that man was going to hurt me. I had no choice and Mike wasn’t going to take no for an answer. I do miss him.

“Lets se what else you’ve done… wow you’re an heavy drinker, and drugs? Wow shocking”, he closes my book and throws it on the bed. I can feel my face get hot, my eyes get a little watery. “Why are you dong this to me?” “I just want to get to know you… Better”, he says wit h an evil smirk on his face that just sickens me. “You’re an asshole.” “Thanks, I take that as an complement… now who is Samantha?” What? “Why do you need to know so much? You already read my diary, so why do you need to know who she is?” He jumps on my bed laying his greasy black head on my pillows. Ew. “I’m not going to do anything to her, if that’s what you think.” “ Ugh! She’s my best friend”, I said irritably, “now get out of my bed, your pissing me off.” He hopped out of my bed and walk around it towards me ’til we became face to face, “Tell me really why our not scared of me, I don’t understand.” “I don’t know, I don’t scare easily, I guess. Why does it matter?” He backed away from me, “It doesn’t”, he says turning around heading for the window, “Oh, and if I were you I wouldn’t go to that party.” “how the hell did you-” Before I could finish my sentence he was gone. Ugh! He’s never going to leave me alone.