Romance Is Dead

Chapter 9

Once I’ve gotten under my bed, I hear my window finally open. “No ones in here. Why the hell are we here again?” one guys says. I cant really see who it was but I can see them walking around my room. “I can tell this is a girl room- Ooo, she’s hot, I think we picked the right house Hoodie,” ‘Hoodie? Seriously, what’s the other guys name Masky? ’I thing to myself sarcastically. “Stop messing around Masky!” Ha, tell me I didn’t just hear that. “Hey look, bed don’t seem made up,” the Masked one says. “Yea, so.” “She’s still here, she’s hiding,” I am so fucked, “Come out, come out where ever you are, we wont hurt you, much.” They both started snickering at ones comment. I really don’t see anything funny. It finally got silent for a while, they was probably whispering to each other. Then more of their footsteps fills the soundless room, looking every where they could. My bathroom, closet, but then the came to a halt, and I panicked. My heart was racing so fast. They both went on opposite sides of my bed. This is it. “Hello there," the masked one says enthusiastically. I was panting pretty hard because of the panicking, “Um, Hi,” You can her the nervousness in my voice, it was shaky, “Wha- what are you doing in my home?” “Don’t worry about it you’ll be fine, I think.” “Shit!”, I tried to scattered from under my bed as quick as I could, but Hoodie grabbed me by my leg. “Where do you think your going, we just want to make this quick and easy.” My screams were muffled by Hoodie’s hand, my legs where held tight by Masky. Next thing you know I’m getting carried out of my window. Hoodie looks at me dead in the eyes, “Look sweetheart, we have to gave some one to our friend and you are our choice.” “No matter how cute you are,” the Masked one finished off.

What do these guys want from me? Are they friends with Jeff? And who the hell is their other friend?! I just want to get out of this situation.

They struggled trying to get me out of the window. I as fighting for my life to get free from them. FML.

Jeff POV

I’m so not in the mood right now, I just want to slaughter Jane. I should of finish her of the chance tha- Those voices out side… they sound so familiar. I walk to the window that’s facing Autumns house. I see Autumn being carried by to familiar idiots into the woods. Masky and Hoodie. I grit my teeth at the site of them with her. I told them not to come to this side of town. I quickly got my blade off of my dresser, making my way out the door.

I’m going to kill these to punks.

Autumn POV

The Masky guy throw me over his shoulders as we enter the woods. I punched and kicked as much as I could but he just wouldn’t put me down. “Take me back, you asshole!” “Sorry sweetheart, we can’t.” “Look I’ll do what ever you want, just let me go, please,” I say calmly. “No can do, there’s nothing you can do now,” Hoodie replied. I- I just gave up. I’m done. I cant do this anymore, its to much. What else can I do now. He throw me down near a tree. “Where finally here,” the Hoodie, as of I really care. “Don’t try to run, it would be no use.” “Who are you guys?” I said in a low innocent voice. “We’re-””They’re Proxies,” my voice jumped at the sound of his voice, Jeff. How? “Jeff? How did you know I was here?”, My voice lowered, “Are you part of this?” “No these idiots aren’t even supposed to be in this part of town.” “Sorry dude,” Masky says scratching his head. Jeff sighs, “Whatever, just let her go, she‘s with me.” “What?! Jeff you know we cant let a human go, She seen our face,” he points at me. “not really,” I mumbled under my breath, but obviously they heard me. Jeff walks over to me with an extended hand, “Come on lets go.” I refused his help and got up from the ground. I really don’t need his help, he’s probably nothing but trouble. I get in trouble enough now.

“Look Autumn, I’m saving your ass from getting killed.” “And thank you for that but you’ve done enough,” I started to walk away from Jeff and his little friends. “Autumn you don’t even know where your going!” Jeff yells as I walk farther way from them in the woods. I’ll find my way out of her. I don’t need him. Freaking murders.

Jeff POV

Damn it. Is this girls stupid? “Jeff, dude I thought you hated humans, why you let this one live?”, Hoodie walks to the side of me, “are you saving her for, you know, a little torture,” he rubs his hands together maliciously. “Trust me, I hate them, this ones… I don’t want to talk about it.” “Whatever man, we have to go anyways, we have to find us a new victim thanks to you.” Masky and Hoodie stared to walk opposite directions from me. They’re right I hate humans they way they live, but I don’t know why I can’t just let her life end.

I ran into the woods knowing I would find Autumn still around. I finally caught up to her, I grabbed her by the forearm. “What the hell are you doing! You can get yourself killed out her!” “What do you care,” she snatches her arm away from me, “your just going to kill me every chance you get.” I pushed her up against a tree so hard she moaned on pain, “do you want me to kill you? Cause I can do it now,” I grabbed her tightly by her neck, blade ready in hand. “just say the word Autumn and I’ll give you that favor.” she whispers softly, “My word doesn’t mean a thing, either I say yes or no, it wouldn’t matter, would it?”, She looks at me straight in my eyes, no fright at all, “You’re a killing machine Jeff, You can care less.”

She was right I was a killing machine, I’ve never cared about my victims, it made me happy to see blood spill. But I don’t know how I feel about this girl, why I have mix emotions about her. I want to killer in an instant, but than again I want her live.

“I’m not going to kill you, yet, but I just want to let you know that I’m not the only monster, murderer out here,” I let her neck go slowly, “There’s demons and things you wouldn’t imagine in these woods, if you want to live longer… I’m giving you a warning not to come in these woods.” “yea, sure Jeffery, what ever you say.” I just know she’s not going to listen to me, I can tell she’s very stubborn.

We both started to walk back into our neighborhood. It took us a while to get back, I was on edge because of others that can be in the woods.

Autumn was about to make her way into her window, but she turned to me with concern on her face, “Um… Jeff? why don’t you want me to go to that party?” “Those people are no good, they take advantage of people.” “And how do you know that?” “I’ve seen it. Some guy throws parties all the time. Good place to get my victims,” I chuckled, “people are to drunk and easy.” “And why do you care that I go?” “Look, I’m just helping you out ok! Enough questions.” “God, ok, calm down… wasn’t that serous.” I just rolled my eyes at here.

Humans are so dumb.

Autumns POV

Don’t know what his problem is, I was just curious.

I’m finally home, I just hope nothing else happens for the whole week at less. This is to much to bare. And did he say there was others! How? And what? The boogieman? Got to be kidding me. And I don’t care what Jeff say, I’m going to that party. No ones taking advantage of me. I’m to smart for that.

I lay on my bed just hoping to go back to sleep. Its all ready 4:00 in the morning. So early the sun will be up in a few hours. Kill me now.