Status: I'm trying

You're Safe from the Weight of the World

Does Anyone Even Care About Titles?

Alex POV:

I woke up, Jacks warm arms hugging me. I remembered how amazing he was yesterday and felt a great rush of affection. I was so lucky that he was with me. Despite that, I knew I needed to go. I needed to face my actions. I couldn't escape to Jacks house whenever things got bad.

I tried to distangle myself from Jacks arms and, failing enough, just like last night, I only suceeded in waking him up. I immediately felt guilt, but, as evil as it sounds, the second I saw Jack curse under his breath as he sleepily looked up, a smile came on to my face.

"Morning sunshine!" I said energetically with a mock smile.

He groaned slightly as a response, making me laugh. He then gave me a smile, streched his hand out, and put on his glasses.

"What time is it?" He asked, then checked his phone.

"Oh whoa, 5 new messages." He said. I leaned over his shoulder and looked at the flip phones small screen.

"They're all from Rian." I said, stating the obvious.

Fuck my car broke down. Could you pick me up tomorrow for the meeting?

jack why arent u answering?

K never mind, Zack can

U do remember about the meeting right?

Jack?


"Fuck! The meeting!" I yelled. "Its today! What time is it?"

Jacks phone calmly anounced the time, 11:49. The meeting was at twelve. We desperately started getting ready, panickly throwing on jeans and t-shirts, brushing teeth quickly, and grabbing a apple as we ran to Jacks car.

Jack drove even more insane than usual, and luckily no one stopped us.

We reached Emerald Moons office only ten minutes late. "Must you always be late?" Paul asked.

"Yeah it just what I do, always 10 minutes late." I said sarcastically.

The manager gave us a small smile and gestured for us to sit down. Sitting in his big office reminded me of last year when we got our EP deal and how happy we were.

"So to get to the point, you sold 1700 copies, which was even more than what we planned. We would like to invite you to record with us a full album. What do you think?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok yes I'm so so so sorry. I don't even want to begin to make excuses because frankly, three months without updates is inexcusable. I'm trying, I really am. I'm directing and screenwriting an opera. Its loads of work, as well as school, art, photography, and running. It's loads of things, but I refuse to stop. I don't want to be one of those writers that quit. If it takes me forever, and even if I feel insecure and I hate every bit of my writing, I'm going to finish this thing, even if it takes me 1500 years. Who's with me?