Status: I'm trying

You're Safe from the Weight of the World

Pizza and Jack. That Is All.

"Alex and I are gay and are in a relationship together." Jack blurted out.

I waited anxiously for Paul's response. Maybe Jack was right. What if he was homophobic?

Paul stared at us for a few seconds before saying "Do you think I care? This is why you interrupted me?! Have safe sex and all that shit. Don't you dare interrupt me again!"

"Wait you're not going to freak out or something?" Jack blurted out before I could stop him.

"No I don't care." He answered.

"I just- thank you so much." Jack said.

Instead of yelling again, Paul gave him a smile and said "You're welcome." in a warm voice. Then he yelled "Stop interrupting me!" But there was a smile in his voice.

"Wanna go out or something?" I asked Jack, suddenly wanting to celebrate.

"Yeah sure, you know there's a pizza place thats open 24/7 next to the venue we were in yesterday."

"It's nice you at least remember that." I joked as we made our way down the bus. It was pretty close so we decided to just walk.

I was so relieved. Even with all my confidence that Paul would be ok and my pushing Jack to tell, there were always the doubts in the back of my mind. It was funny how Jack and I had changed. I didn't want to hide anymore and it was Jack that wanted to.

Jack was laughing that adorable giggle, the one that always made me happy, no matter what.

"What?" I asked.

"You're so spacey. You haven't heard a single word I said haven't you?"

"Well space is awesome. Did you know they just discovered a new galaxy? How could you not get excited over that?!" I asked. Space is so amazing.

"Well yeah but they discover them all the time."

"But think of all the endless possibilities! There could literally be anything there! Isn't that amazing?"

"I love how excited you get over space." He smiled, changing the subject.

"As excited as you get over dicks?" I joked, smirking. Jack laughed again making me feel warm.

"When it tilts to the left its hard not to be obsessed."

"It doesn't tilt, it sits!" I corrected.

"Aw whatever. You know I love you both." He said.

"That was the most unromantic way to say I love you possibly ever." I announced. "But yeah I love you and your dick too." Jack smiled.

Despite our jokes I knew I did love him. He was my everything. I couldn't even begin to describe how strongly I felt about him.

We entered the pizzeria and ordered a pizza. The pizzeria was warm, smelling of stale cigarettes. It was empty apart from the high school girl standing behind the counter.

I was about to sit in one of the booths but Jack said "Want to go outside? It's really hot here and not just because you're here." I laughed and we walked outside, warm pizza in our hands.

Jack suggested we'd sit in the grass in the park. We sat down on the comfortable grass and started eating. The pizza was with just enough tomato sauce and cheese. Jack looked amazing, his dark brown eyes twinkling.

As I took another pizza Jack asked about my hand. Feeling confused I looked at it and saw the lyrics I wrote earlier.

"It's lyrics." I answered.

"That's awesome, can I see?" Reluctantly, as they were about us I stretched out my arm so he could see.

"Alex these are amazing." He said with a smile. I smiled, feeling so happy. I loved the Jack liked them.

"What's this songs name?"

"I don't know. What do you think?" I hadn't thought about a name.

"It should be a name." Jack said randomly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because a name fits."

Shrugging I agreed. A name would sound cool. "Do you have any ideas?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe um Noel!" I scrunched up my eye brows. Noel?

"Why Noel? I mean isn't that the Christmas carol?"

Then I looked on the pizza box. "Pizza Noel" it said. Jack had a embarrassed smile as he said "I couldn't think of a name! It fit!" I laughed. Noel did kind of fit. It would always remind me of this.

"Noel it is!" I announced.

"What? No I was joking!" Jack insisted.

"Too bad." I smirked.

"Did you think about how you wanted it to sound musically?"

"I'm not sure any ideas? I'm thinking loads of guitar riffs with a pretty fast pace." Jack and I got into a discussion, debating all the different sides, finally agreeing.

We laid down on the grass, sharing lazy kisses. Jack tasted like a amazing blend of pizza, vanilla and something I could only describe as Jack. I missed our time together so much.

His warm body close to mine, the way his hair felt as I ran my fingers through it, so surprisingly soft, his arms hugging me closer, his smile, everything.

And at that moment everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have a fluffy (sorry! I couldn't find a way to put it smut!!) chapter while I try and understand where the hell is this story going to go.

And thank you so much to JackBaraSlut for her comments! It would be nice to hear from the rest of you though. :)