Status: I'm trying

You're Safe from the Weight of the World

Here For You

Jacks POV:
I watched as Alex went to his father. His father gave him a hug. I looked at Alex's expression. He seemed so so happy. A smile was spread on his face, his eyes sparkling.

I couldn't understand how a man that caused him so much pain could make him so happy. I didn't want to wholly understand it. Alex could be so happy with me, with my family but he wanted to be with his family. How could I, despite all my hesitations, argue with that? But if his father hurts him, I swear I'll end him.

Alex's smile seemed to hover as his father said something. His eyebrows arched together in a confused look. Then he seemed to shake a bit as if shaking something off and he smiled again. But something seemed different in his smile now. It was more detached and polite.

Despite Alex's insistence that his father didn't hurt him, I still felt really suspicious. I kept remembering Alex's old bruises, all the scars on his body, the broken hand, everything. This man in front of me did it all. How could I not want to punch him?

He could look attractive with his brown eyes, so similar to Alex's and yet so different, not reflecting any warmth at all and white silvery hair. Instead, to me he looked like the most horrible person on earth.

I sighed to myself as I saw Alex walk off with him. They entered the car, Alex looking tense and drove off.

We had a meeting soon with Emerald Moon. I was really excited. Who knew what the future could hold?

I said goodbye to everyone, giving hugs and high-fives before grabbing all my things and walking home. My house was pretty close so I decided it would be easier.

I was greeted by my mom hugging me, telling me how great it was to have me home. It was great to be with my family again. I missed them all so much. May and Joe made me tell them all about the tour, laughing and making sweet comments.

At around 8pm I managed to convince May to watch Home Alone with me. She even promised not to roll her eyes at all my comments. I knew that movie was ingenious and nothing could convince me otherwise. I was really excited to watch it. It was raining outside, surprisingly cold for September. It would be so much fun to watch my favorite movie with my sister with the rain as a cozy background.

As I sat down, my phone beeped, announcing someone was calling. The "bring bring" noise surprising me. I checked caller ID and found it was Alex.

With a smile I answered "Hey Lex! What's up?"

A silence answered me. I could hear his breath, heavy and cut off. It sounded like he was crying. What happened? Was he ok? Why wasn't he answering?

"Alex are you ok? Alex?" I asked, trying not to sound too panicked. Finally he answered. His voice was hoarse and quiet, like a weak whisper.

"I'm ok." He sounded awful. I didn’t want to be a panicked over protective boyfriend but he didn’t sound ok at all.

"Are you sure? You don't sound so good." I asked, trying to figure out what was wrong, if something was wrong.

"I'm fine" He said and now I was positive he was lying. I knew him so well. It just felt like a lie. But I knew Alex hated being pushed to talk. He'd tell me when he wanted to, if he wanted to.

"Ok I'm here for you if you want to talk or just I don't know, make out?" I said, trying to lighten the dark mood. He laughed a bit but it sounded forced.

"Can I come over?" He asked quietly. "Sure!" I said immediately. I would be here for him no matter what.

I closed the phone and announced to May "Change of plans, Alex is coming over!"

She smiled, saying "Does that mean we don't have to watch that awful movie?"

"It’s the best movie in history!" I insisted. "And yes for now. Maybe I can watch it with Alex."

I brightened at the thought of that. Watching a movie with Alex meant cuddling and making out. Next to the best movie of all time it could be so much fun.

I tried not to be worried about his call. There was no reason to panic. Maybe he was just sad or wanted to hang out. There was no reason to assume something bad happened.

May interrupted my thoughts to say "Well I'll go so you guys can be alone." With a smile she walked away. Everything would be okay. I was overreacting.

A knock on the door signaled Alex was here. I opened it with a smile.

All my thoughts about everything being okay just disappeared the second I saw. He saw my worried expression and gave me a weak smile. It didn't fool me.

He was completely drenched, wet to the bone. His hair was a mess, sticking up everywhere, water dripping from it. But his eyes scared me the most. They were almost red, with tear marks down his cheeks. He looked so sad angry and confused, so broken.

"Alex what happened?"

"I don't" He started before cutting himself off and saying "I er- I just- he- never mind." I raised my eyebrows, trying to understand. Did his father do something? Was his father the he Alex was talking about?

"Did your father do something?" I asked urgently. He shook his head quickly.

I noticed he was shivering and immediately felt guilty. I was here talking to him while he freezes to death.

"Come on, we need to get you some warm clothes." I walked with him, hugging his shoulders.

He jumped at my touch at first. I frowned; trying not to show it hurt me he got scared by my touch.

"I'm sorry!" He said immediately.

"It's okay, I understand." I answered. How could I even get angry at that?

I let my arm drop off but he said "Could you leave it there?" With a small smile I nodded and continued to hug his wet shoulders.

We reached my room and I handed him sweatpants and long sleeved t-shirt.

"Thank you." He said, smiling a small smile, still with his sad expression. I wanted to ask what happened; to understand how I can help but his expression convinced me it would be a bad idea.

I was about to leave to get a hair dryer and maybe hot chocolate but he held my hand and said "Don't go! Please!" He seemed almost panicked at the thought of me going. I nodded, agreeing not to go.

We sat together on my bed, our legs covered under my warm furry blanket. Alex just stared into space, a sad expression on his face. I didn't want to interrupt the silence so I just wrapped my arm around Alex thin torso and drew random shapes on his thighs. He gave me a smile but still stayed silent. I didn’t mind though. In a way it was relaxing, the quiet.

His eyelids slowly dropped eventually and he fell asleep leaning on me. I looked at his calm face, dark circles around his eyes.

I would help and be there for him no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa I'm updating this is a historical event right guys? Anyway hope you guys like this chapter!

I've become obsessed with asking people this question so I'm asking it here too, hope thats cool here it is: What are your top 5 songs of the moment? Also what do you guys think happened to alex? have a great day!